Police beat schizophrenic man to death; Offer to pay off father.

The father of a man who died after a violent confrontation with Fullerton police said Saturday that he has been offered $900,000 to settle any civil claims against the city.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/thomas-310255-kelly-ron.html?cb=1312142672
Be warned, spoiler includes image of victims face post-beating. Don't open if squeamish.

Spoiler [+]
kelly-thomas-beating-fullerton-police-brutality-300.jpg

Victims dad was actually an ex-cop (might explain why son was calling out for him).

He declined the settlement.

Many PD's purposely take the less intelligent to be cops.

They'll never admit this openly but it's the main reason why so many cops do stupid %+!@. They'r e prone to it in the first place.

Yeah I saw this on the news last night
30t6p3b.gif
. Everyone wants the chief to step down but I don't think he has.

Someone posted this on the Hate Cops or something like that thread, Watching that video and looking at that pic.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

dude was yelling incendiaries and purported to have broken in to a string of cars on the street acting violent and #!@#. not in any way absolving the police of any guilt, but if you're homeless acting reckless #!@# is going to happen and in the end it's your own damn fault

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

dude was yelling incendiaries and purported to have broken in to a string of cars on the street acting violent and #!@#. not in any way absolving the police of any guilt, but if you're homeless acting reckless #!@# is going to happen and in the end it's your own damn fault

If someone broke into your car unarmed and you murdered him while he was in the act, you'd get reckless homicide at the very least. 

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

the victim is apparently also a schizophrenic so that added to his agitated aggression.
I live in Fullerton, a little north of there... the bus/train depot is a pretty safe spot so I was really surprised to hear about it.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Many PD's purposely take the less intelligent to be cops.

They'll never admit this openly but it's the main reason why so many cops do stupid %+!@. They'r e prone to it in the first place.
this...

the biggest, dumbest kid on my highschool football team is now a state cop
sick.gif

wow, I used to live in fullerton. That's terrible, no need to beat a man that badly ever as a cop.

I clicked the spoiler, but I won't watch the video. Don't need to see dude on his way out...

By the look of the victim's face, the cop(s) was trying to kill him. The man who did it needs to be sentenced, but we all know that probably won't happen. No amount of money is going to bring that man's son back either.
30t6p3b.gif
If the cop has kids
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Just a horrible situation all around.

Back
Top Bottom