[| -- POLO.COM now ships to Canada + The Bay Dept Stores Official Canadian Polo Retailer -- |]

DYNAMICS

formerly diplomat tdot
I didn't know if everyone knew this but POLO.COM ships to Canada now but you have to pay for Customs in advance and have to gothrough UPS so you'll automatically be paying Brokerage fees. For me because I have Family that sends me stuff from the U.S. I'm still going to do thatsince it's wayyyyyy cheaper and I save lots of money, but for people that have no way here's your option. It does get very expensive with all thosefees though.

orly?

hmmm...I might try this now on some cheap stuff. Any idea of the cost? Like, if I buy something for $100, is it going to end up being $200 when it gets to mydoor after exch/doody/shipping etc?

has anyone tried it?

Remember Brokerage too, I don't think anyone knows I found out last week. The only thing you can find out is what your Customs fees will be becauseyou'll be paying that in advance.

yeah and UPS brokerage is raperage. I just looked and couldn't do it. But it would seem the deal is pretty much wiped out by the fees. I avoid UPS at allcosts.

The only thing stopping me from ordering from them often was getting people from down there to ship up to me

I am now off to the polo site with my credit card and discount code in hand

Just noticed that they don't ship all items up here
mad.gif

Brokerage + Terrible exchange rate = NO thanks.

I'd rather make the drive to Buffalo or NYC and grab stuff there.
laugh.gif

Just talked to my boy and he was saying that we order stuff together so we could split the UPS Brokerage fee so that its not that bad
I will be ordering stuff this week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seems like they can't ship anything to me. What can you guys get working?

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Just talked to my boy and he was saying that we order stuff together so we could split the UPS Brokerage fee so that its not that bad
I will be ordering stuff this week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Even that way your not saving money. UPS brokerage is often more money then the actual customs and then add handling fee its way to much.

if they shipped USPS then it would be hot but there is no way to find out the customs charge in advance with USPS

And (guessing) shipping Price will be high, because you can only pay for customs in advance if u are shipping international express

Yeap, Even if you get stuff for mad cheap due to sales/codes, that goes right back into the dump when you factor in customs/duties + exchange rate.

UPS dont play.....

Believe me, I know...

^ yeah.. better believe that. ive been at the receiving end of ups brokerage fee stick. it hurt. it was a pair of speakers, used.. manufactured in 1982. UPSwanted 3 times its worth in brokerage fees.

if Polo shipped with USPS and let customers be responsible for customs/etc, it would be
pimp.gif

Aren't there any legit companies who can transfer stuff back to me? Meaning...on my polo.com shipping addressee, I type in the transferring companiesadresse, and then they ship it to me, with a small fee for them to keep obviously.

I have a UPS account, and the brokerage fees are lower if that's the case.. not that much lower.. but it helps a little. Even so, they RAPE you on chargesespecially on retail clothing because of counterfitting

I've only had my orders shipped to the states. Not willing to gamble on the duties though I'm also interested in what one would have to pay.

POLO Ralph Lauren line should be back at the Bay in August... or perhaps the fall

Back
Top Bottom