Pony Signs The GOAT (Randy Moss), Your Loss JB (Lets Reminisce)

Pony to Design Moss Signature Footwear & Apparel Line
04/16/2008

SAN DIEGO - The 2007 National Football League season has seen many defenses try and fail to cover the prolific wide receiver, Randy Moss, of the New England Patriots. Pony International is confident it can cover Randy Moss from head-to-toe. Today, Pony International is excited to announce the company has agreed to an exclusive partnership to design the Randy Moss signature athletic footwear and clothing line. The first wave of Pony's Moss branded gear will arrive in stores August 1, 2008.

"By signing a premier athlete the caliber of Randy Moss, this immediately puts the rest of the competition on notice that Pony is determined to do whatever it takes to be a player in the marketplace," commented Pony International's Chief Executive Officer Kevin Wulff. "Pony is definitely back in the game in a big way. Not a lot of people can cover Randy Moss, but we feel we can cover him, top to bottom. The partnership with Moss allows us to supply athletes of all levels with top-notch equipment and put them on an even playing field with their competition.

"I get approached to endorse a ton of stuff each year that really doesn't mesh with who I am or what is important in my life, this agreement with Pony lets me help to give back and help the next wave of young players coming up," said Randy Moss, wide receiver for the New England Patriots. "I really appreciated the way Pony presented their concepts for my signature brand and wanted to make a great performance line of clothes and shoes for the serious competitor to the weekend warrior."

The new Moss collection by Pony is a comprehensive line of performance shoes built around Randy Moss's needs as a professional athlete on and his passions off of the field. The inspiration for the Moss 1 Molded Signature Cleat was derived from Moss's love of Bass Fishing, which also parallels Randy's ability to bait NFL's defensive backs. From the design on a mackerel lure highlighted by progressively faded pattern to the carbon fiber inspired heel counter as seen on high-end fishing rods, the distinctive Moss green color used throughout the line will electrify the shoes, as Randy Moss electrifies the game. Kyle Pulli, VP of Design at Pony, sums the new line up best by saying, "The Moss Collection is a perfect example of Pony's indisputable focus on the uncompromising performance benefits and features." The collection spans all levels of play, including an affordable entry-level Molded Rubber Cleat.

"Pony will launch a multi-faceted, innovative, viral content driven marketing initiative," added Pony Vice President of Marketing, Benjamin Woo.

"The marketing campaign will look to utilize both traditional and non-traditional mediums to support the company's creative messaging and build consumer awareness and excitement of the Pony Moss collection."

Randy Moss continues to leave his mark on the NFL record books and establish himself as one of the most explosive play-makers in NFL history. Evidence of this is the now single season record of 23 touchdowns he scored in 2007, beating Hall-of-Famer Jerry Rice who held the previous record. In December of 2005, this five-time Pro-Bowler became the 25th player in NFL history to surpass the 10,000 receiving yards mark, reaching the mark in his 124th career game - making him the fourth-fastest to 10,000 yards in NFL history.

About Pony
Pony was founded in 1972 and quickly became one the most distinctive Sports brands in the world. Among the many athletes who wore Pony shoes were Pele, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Darryl Dawkins, Spud Webb, Dan Marino, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie Jackson, and Tracy Austin. Pony is a designer, distributor, and marketer of high performance and casual athletic footwear and apparel for men, women, and children utilizing the tagline "Back in the Game".

For more information on Pony International or its products, please visit http://www.pony.com.

SOURCE Pony International

moss will single handedly put pony football on the map.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SMFH at jb for not reconnecting with moss. the goat should be sponsored by the goat sneaker company. lets reminisce on some of the RIDICULOUS HEAT that mossomerocked with the vikes:

p1_moss_ap.jpg

050110_randy_moon_widec-758718.jpg

lg_moss_ap-01.jpg

j361.jpg

777moss.jpg

MossCelebrateswithSyd.JPG

pimp.gif
X INFINITY

and finally, with the pats:
moss%20one%20hand.jpg
(doing the jumpman)
sp1106_pats21_bb_11-06-07_797OJJ9.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

lets reminisce on some of the RIDICULOUS HEAT that mossome rocked with the vikes:

p1_moss_ap.jpg

050110_randy_moon_widec-758718.jpg

lg_moss_ap-01.jpg

j361.jpg

777moss.jpg

MossCelebrateswithSyd.JPG

pimp.gif
X INFINITY

and finally, with the pats:
moss%20one%20hand.jpg
(doing the jumpman)
sp1106_pats21_bb_11-06-07_797OJJ9.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

o well, jb needs moss more than moss needs jb. i guess jb is content with t.o.
eyes.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

lg_moss_ap-01.jpg

o well, jb needs moss more than moss needs jb. i guess jb is content with t.o.
eyes.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at the pic, im pretty sure theyve also got marvin, and TO alone is a great marketer for jb, guy gets more airtime on sports/football shows then almostevery other player except for the elite qbs

This seems to be happening more lately, the small re-emerging brand signs someone big, gives them their own line of everything, and besides the initial hype,it doesn't seem to really go anywhere. I mean really, is anyone going to go out and buy a pair of Pony Moss shoes, or some pony moss gear?

Besides, football seems like a hard sport to really market footwear with these days. To me the cross trainer business that was huge in the mid 90's withbaseball and football stars has died for the current market. Nike had a pretty hard time moving Vicks shoe.

I dunno. I don't think Moss appeals to kids like he used to. He's getting up there in age too. And like someone said, it's difficult to marketfootball players because their faces are always covered.

Back
Top Bottom