poor quality=high price? question about the CDP IV's

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

I just paid $280 shipped for a sz 11.5 from a seller on eBay, I've been searching for these for a good month my limit was $220 shipped and I just said ah what the hell I work enough overtime to throw a xtra $60, they are one of my grails and a excellent christmas present to
myself

for cdp 4s???? you gotta be kidding me

Originally Posted by dtb00201

I just paid $280 shipped for a sz 11.5 from a seller on eBay, I've been searching for these for a good month my limit was $220 shipped and I just said ah what the hell I work enough overtime to throw a xtra $60, they are one of my grails and a excellent christmas present to
myself

wow! that's a lot for them imo. i paid $250 for the whole pack after a couple of months after it released. my only complaints is the thinnubuck compared to the 99 retro and paint quality is crap. i've wore my pair about 5 times and the paint is already peeling but what do you expect from jbthese days. i've got to the point where i refused to pay retail for any new release and just wait to see if i can get them for cheaper. and i refuse to payanywhere over $200 for a pair of shoes that suck in quality!

I got a pair size 10. Never worn, just collecting dust. Only jordan in my collection Post 2004 besides Carmines and DMP VI. Thinking bout sellin it
wink.gif
PM ya boy

cdp IVs and XI's = rip off at the prices resellers getting. Better off with the fast yellowing soles of the cdp carmines.

Also, throw Ye, Cudi, Mos Def, and Drake into the mix and you got a recipe for sky high prices.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by foe the love of money

CDP IV's are great quality wise..i dunno where ya gettin ya stories from.....

and i made NO qualms paying 200 straight to separate a package from footco when they had em....black and red IVs are one of da most iconic jordans in da entire series.

i been on niketalk long enuff when da demand of da 99 IV's reached to over 450 and this caused da bootleggers to release "super variants" that had alot of NTer fooled.

these will only go up as JB makes apparent that they will not re-release models that were included in da CDP boxes separately for a LONG time.
paper thin nubuck that fades quick.

my damn Mars Blackmon and Military Blues have lasted me longer than my cdp 4's when it comes to paint chipping and cracking.

im not some dude who doesnt take of of my shoes.
da durabuck is comparable to any other nike/JB that uses da same material.

i've worn my pair plenty of time and if anything...

jordan_iv_grey.jpg

these dropped years and years before da CDP IV's and suffer from greater cracking problems yet you hear NO one talkin about da quality of these.

^^^^^ I want those retroed again not really a fan of the cdp IVs / but would love if JB retro the white cements
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

myself

word, coulda picked up the lightning easily or maybe even thunder IVs for that price

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

Own them, then took it back.

Mine came yellowed, and the stitching was bad and all that. I don't keep Jordans that are all messed up like that.

I only said the Carmines we're bad because they had terrible terrible stitching, yellowed, and the tongue was way too short. Mines was bad, yall were good, just judging on what I see.

Sounds like you got a pair of B grades or fakes "bub". Carmines were excellent quality,

I bought 2 pairs of CDP 4's like a bozo. Started wearing one pair this summer, and quickly realized that not only are they not comfortable whatsoever,they're cheap quality all over the place. thin tongue, thin durabuck, and the midsole? holy cow. 3 wears and it was over. they're beaters now. beenusing them for my snow shoes, took a picture and posted it in the showcase. made a few guys cry lol. I'm selling my DS pair asap.

I think CDP IV's are worse than military IV's quaility wise after only 3 wears paint chipping but I can't complain I got them in a trade for a pairof air max.

Originally Posted by Killajay209

and i made NO qualms paying 200 straight to separate a package from footco when they had em....black and red IVs are one of da most iconic jordans in da entire series.

i been on niketalk long enuff when da demand of da 99 IV's reached to over 450 and this caused da bootleggers to release "super variants" that had alot of NTer fooled.

these will only go up as JB makes apparent that they will not re-release models that were included in da CDP boxes separately for a LONG time.

my damn Mars Blackmon and Military Blues have lasted me longer than my cdp 4's when it comes to paint chipping and cracking.

jordan_iv_grey.jpg

these dropped years and years before da CDP IV's and suffer from greater cracking problems yet you hear NO one talkin about da quality of these.

^^^^^ I want those retroed again not really a fan of the cdp IVs / but would love if JB retro the white cements
roll.gif

Are those cg iv's fakes or samples? I never seen those pics before. As for the quality comparison between these two shoes i would say the cg iv nubuck itsway thicker than the cdp iv. The chipping is acutally way worse on the cg iv though. I never had a problem with fading on my cdp. I have 1 pair that i onlywore about 5 times and another pair that i wear just about everyday to work and there both as dark as they came. Wrinkles in the cdp iv's are much moreevident the the cg's though. For retail pricing i cant complain about either shoe because wear and tear is expected from any sneaker but for a price of$250 i would much rather keep saving for a pair of 99's. Plus the Nike Air is
pimp.gif

I wouldn't say great, because great doesn't crack in less than a year. I've seen way too many pairs that that happen too.

See man, as you read these posts you get all these mixed results but a majority of them are bashing the quality, I was looking at the CDP IV'sat my local Footaction and it just seemed a little suspect to me, didn't seem like a solid pair of kicks. I haven't been able to see them in personafter being worn a few times or try a pair on, so I don't have any real first hand experience and I love the BRED IV's and don't want a pair of 10year old retros. That's why I posted this thread, to get feedback, cuz man I'm seriously considering trying to cop a pair from a reseller here or ISSor Ebay. Such a classic shoe and just aesthetically on point. But, as we all know not everything that glitters is gold and I'm not one to bust $200 onsomething with no substance just to rock.

Feel me?

jordan_iv_grey.jpg

Cool Grey IV! I still have these lying around. But they have fallen apart. Still wearable. But the leather cracked and the midsole is a joke. Inever understood the reason behind painting a white midsole white. Does not compute.

I refuse to buy anything with a III or IV midsole. I passed on the re-retro of the true blue III because I do not want to waste money a shoe I know was notgoing to hold up. I learned my lesson with my fire red III, I only wore them twice before the cracking happened and will not buy a spizike, because well theyare ugly and because of the midsole. Same with this pair which is a holy grail for me. I own the 99 but they will not survive another wear, so it kills me thatI have to pass on these but to much for not enough IMO. p.s. my carmines are on point, no problems.

Back
Top Bottom