Porch Pirates and Retailers (WSS) + Fedex + Discover Card not doing anything to help

I had someone steal my package (cherry 12 ) from my door step. Started with by filing a case with Fedex who claimed that the package was shipped and since the driver couldn't find the package, It must've have been shipped correctly. Then, I filed a missed package report with WSS who says that since FEDEX delivered it correctly they cant do anything. Last I finished this whole BS process by putting in a claim with discover card who denied my claim because WSS said the transaction was legit. Such a BS experience. Lessons learned that I want to share with you all

- Get a ring camera !
- Dont order from WSS, they wont help you at all!
- Don't let FEDEX drop packages off at your crib. If you think its something that young folks would steal, pick it up at a dropoff point. They use contractors and these clowns aren't vetted like UPS drivers are
- Dont use DIscover card or Debit card if you can help it. Get a credit card from AMEX or Capital One or some other creditor with buyer protection.

This sucks so bad that I just lost all this bread for nothing

You don’t have a neighbor or relative, neighbors kid (of course ask the parents) and just pay them to retrieve?

I’ve never had a package stolen but sometimes, if I know I have something on the way, if I know my neighbor will be home, I tell them to get the package for me.

It’s holiday/robbery season + with the economy like it is, crime is always higher so you have to be on your square out here.

Or a PO Box if you order a lot

Having the neighboor look out is a good idea for sure. Ship to work ain't an option cuz I work from home. In this case, I stepped out to go the gym around 2ish on a Friday.

I buy from WSS all the time but only in-store. I’m probably never going to buy online after hearing about this crappy situation ☹️ Sorry to hear about your bad experience ninopacino ninopacino

i think we should progress to locked boxes in front of houses where packages can be put inside of by these carriers via a one time code. I dunno why amazon hasn’t come up with this yet.

Was signature delivery an option?
What was the price point? Isn’t there insurance claims you can claim?
Wouldn’t they need to interview the driver? Don’t they have gps or take photos of the package upon delivery?

Had something similar happened when I sold something on Ebay, got stolen. I paid a couple bucks extra for the signature option while sending it. UPS didn't get the signature like they should have and they reimbursed the guy iirc

When I was buying shoes left & right 5+ years ago, THIS is exactly why I didn't have them shipped to my house while I was working. They would be shipped to my work (dealership) and the parts guys would just bring my box up front, or if it was something that I was eagerly awaiting, and I was watching the tracking, I would go back and get the box. I just don't trust anyone driving buy who can easily walk up and pick up the package.

Or a PO Box if you order a lot
I got one with the Street Addressing option where instead of PO Box 123, it's 123 Main St #123 for carriers who won't deliver to PO boxes.

My actual PO box is like 6x6 (inches) so whenever I get a big box they enclose a temporary Key to a larger receptacle up front.

It is pretty expensive tho, $180 for the year. And access hours are 8:30-6 M-F and 9-1 on Saturday which is hard with my work schedule at times.

Porch pirates and people who steal mail/ packages are scumbags
:smh: :smh: :smh:

Had a few things stolen over the years / and sometimes it’s a pain in the *** to get the money for it

UPS , FedEx, and the worst one usps don’t do jack 💩 to help with claims ,

And if you bought off a personal seller like eBay or grailed and not like StockX or goat it’s really hard to get your money back without taking it from the seller when he didn’t do anything

**** porch pirates

i think we should progress to locked boxes in front of houses where packages can be put inside of by these carriers via a one time code. I dunno why amazon hasn’t come up with this yet.
They do have lockboxes in apartment complexes and nearby you can ship to. Fedex + holiday season is a scary sight.

Fed Ex is the worst of all the shippers since I moved to this apartment complex. They are like 0 for 4, they don't even try to find the right door. A $150 toy supermarket set i bought my daughter had just been sitting out in the open under a staircase for 2 days before I just randomly happened to look at the tracking #, saw it had been delivered the previous day, and set out on an exhibition to find it

My neighbors suck too. Amazon and USPS has misdelivered probably 10 packages and every time the person just keeps it except the lady who just moved upstairs bought me a few right after Christmas. Everytime I have gotten someone else's or saw it sitting by the auxilary clubhouse, I took it to the leasing office and handed it to someone or took it to the right house

Chose Amazon overnight delivery and didn't realize it said 4AM delivery. For sure thought that package was a goner, but it was still there.

Back
Top Bottom