Possible to lose a pound a day for a month?

I'm trying to join the air force and they have a height/weight requirement @ 5'9 they want you no more than 186lbs I'm 5'9 and weigh 211lbs!It's mostly muscle though.. Anyway how can I lose this much weight quickly w/o dying?

30 pounds in 30 days? Impossible.

Think about it. 2500 kcal = 1 lb. So you would have to lose 2500 calories in a day to lose a pound.

Most of us, just by living, functioning, we burn 2500 calories a day (assuming a normal, sensible diet).

So let's say you want to run. 1 mile = about 100 calories, give or take. Assuming you want to keep your diet at 2500 cal a day, you would have to run awhole lot, as you can see.

Losing weight is a lifestyle, not a journey. Good luck.

It's 3500 calories to a pound.

A twenties male who's moderately active will lose about 3000 calories a day. This means you need to burn 500 more calories just to lose a pound.

So you have to eat very minimally and work out a lot..

In short, impossible.

Nothings impossible. You just might become very unhealthy if you try to drop 30 lbs in 30 days. My friend had to drop like 20 lbs to join the Navy, and hebarely did that in a month. He spent 6 hours a day on a stair stepper and ate like 1 meal a day. It straight killed him, and he was working out all the way upuntil he had his exam or whatever. He just hardly got in, but not just because of the weight issue.

I'm a fighter and I can tell you it's simple to lose 30 lbs in one month. Give yourself 200 calories a day and run a few miles every other... you willlose those 30 (and probably more) and gain a "can-do" attitude which will never quit. If I were you you I would lose 25 lbs. then lose the rest in aweight-loss bonanza involving the steam room at your gym. I've done it before - if you need help just PM me.

Well if your calorie intake was low and you burn some serious calories its possible to burn it over the course of a month or 5 weeks.

Healthy weight loss is 3-5 pounds a week, and 5 is pushing it hard. If you work your behind off 7 days a week, losing 20 lbs in a month is great

If your body was used to consuming 3000 calories a day and burned 3000 day, and suddenly changed to consuming only 500 calories, would the body still burn 3000or adjust?

1. OP it is impossible to lose 30 Pounds in a month, it will take you atleast 3 month with straight hard work. The typical person loses 8-10 Pounds of fat permonth, so three times that is impossible. In your case it is muscle (which I highly doubt), be realistic
laugh.gif
, anyways if you are muscular it will even be muchharder to lose weight. WHY WOULD THE AIR FORCE TURN DOWN SOMEONE MUSCULAR Hmmmm ? lol

2. What you should do is find out your daily calorie intake, to do this multiply your weight by 15. In your case it is 3,315. To lose weight subtract 500calories from that. You can incorporate running or lifting in to this, it helps but 80% of weight loss comes from what you eat and the last 20% form exercise.

3. 1 mile doesn't equal 100 calories, it is three times that (The guy uptop is giving BS info), just run a mile day, don't over do it because your bodywill reconize the severe calorie defficency and will store fat and you will not be able to lose it.

4. Go to www.bodybuilding.com OR www.caloriecount.com..... They will help you out !!

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

I'm a fighter and I can tell you it's simple to lose 30 lbs in one month. Give yourself 200 calories a day and run a few miles every other... you will lose those 30 (and probably more) and gain a "can-do" attitude which will never quit. If I were you you I would lose 25 lbs. then lose the rest in a weight-loss bonanza involving the steam room at your gym. I've done it before - if you need help just PM me.

roll.gif
roll.gif

did this guy just recommend starvation?
laugh.gif

200 calories? that is one cookie? one spoon of peanut butter?

educate yourself before you give stupid advice son.

Originally Posted by derryj3

I'm trying to join the air force and they have a height/weight requirement @ 5'9 they want you no more than 186lbs I'm 5'9 and weigh 211lbs! It's mostly muscle though.. Anyway how can I lose this much weight quickly w/o dying?

wth...........they dont do body fat testing? thats a good amount of weight. i dont believe you. no its not possible for you unless you straight up starve. youbf% must be higher than you think.

edit: I would not take Billy BloodBath advice either...........that is not the right way to do it AT ALL.

if it was the Army or Marines I could see why people are questioning the weight requirement even if its muscle and not fat.

but think about it. Air Force? If there's height/weight requirement its likely because he'll be in an aircraft built specifically for people within acertain range of those two characteristics. Extra weight could mess something up (calculations, speed, etc). Now if he was applying as a mechanic or engineerthen I'd question it.

Not sure exactly about entering the Military, but when they take weight and you are OVER, but are built like you claim to be, they test your BF%

if you have a high BF%, they'll put you on the "fat folks" pt. so if you are built "mostly muscle," im sure you'll be alright.

It is very much possible. ive done it a few times. it will return. the results almost never last when you lose weight so quickly. Pm me i can give you some ofmy very useful tipz.

Originally Posted by MvP07

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

I'm a fighter and I can tell you it's simple to lose 30 lbs in one month. Give yourself 200 calories a day and run a few miles every other... you will lose those 30 (and probably more) and gain a "can-do" attitude which will never quit. If I were you you I would lose 25 lbs. then lose the rest in a weight-loss bonanza involving the steam room at your gym. I've done it before - if you need help just PM me.

roll.gif
roll.gif

did this guy just recommend starvation?
laugh.gif

200 calories? that is one cookie? one spoon of peanut butter?

educate yourself before you give stupid advice son.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Please don't throw around insults or belittle others advice based on YOUR opinion. It is verypossible to lose 30 pounds in 30 days. Easily. It's called weight cutting.

But in this case, weight cutting and losing the weight are two totally different things. If he just needs to weigh a certain amount on the day he's gonnabe 'tested', he can do it. If his weight is gonna be constantly monitored and has to be kept at a certain amount, weight cutting may not be applicablein this situation.

MvP07, save your negativity for topics you actually have knowledge and/or experience in..

Back
Top Bottom