Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

i got the andis outliner (not t)
do they have a set of clippers i guess you can say? for different sizes and such...?
i or what should i use for my mustache and chin hair?

You mean you wanna cut your facial hair with clippers, right?

also what is a better blade for the andis outliner II
link or name please.

The stock blades aren't bad, but the Pro-Mate blades cut much better and you don't have to adjust them any closer.

Amazon product ASIN B001TM077O

this is for the fist question...

yea so, i dont like my mustache/chin hair veyr long at all, but its to short to just cut with the blade its self, i might as well shave if imma do that.... i have the andis outliner... not with the t-blade...(had that joint but i would be so scared to hit my eyebrow wile doing my line up)...

any ways.... can i use the outliner i have, with clippers on it? so i can trim my facial hair? I want like the smallest guard possible...
i copped some on amazon, but the dont let the blade move, so it doesnt cut... and i have the ones from my old t-outliner but those dont let the blade move to much either...

sorry if this is confusing... please help

Nah, I get what you're saying. When I trim beards, I always use clippers with either a 2 guard (2/8 in) or 1 guard (1/8 in). I know what you're talking about, and it's those guards that click onto the Outliners, right? Liners aren't really meant for taking hair down to a desired size. They are meant for outlining. I suggest you invest in some clippers if you really want to trim your facial hair. They don't have to be expensive ones, but just know that the cheaper ones will occasionally pull on the hair.

Also, I need an explanation behind your avy :lol:. I always catch myself staring at it for 15 seconds.

Can you recommend some inexpensive but ok ones?... i will just be using it for the facial hair...

and the avy...

we were at some party and these chicks were like wresting all drunk and that happend... my boy snagged the pic as i yelled... WHale Tail

i got the andis outliner (not t)
do they have a set of clippers i guess you can say? for different sizes and such...?
i or what should i use for my mustache and chin hair?

You mean you wanna cut your facial hair with clippers, right?

also what is a better blade for the andis outliner II
link or name please.

The stock blades aren't bad, but the Pro-Mate blades cut much better and you don't have to adjust them any closer.

Amazon product ASIN B001TM077O

this is for the fist question...

yea so, i dont like my mustache/chin hair veyr long at all, but its to short to just cut with the blade its self, i might as well shave if imma do that.... i have the andis outliner... not with the t-blade...(had that joint but i would be so scared to hit my eyebrow wile doing my line up)...

any ways.... can i use the outliner i have, with clippers on it? so i can trim my facial hair? I want like the smallest guard possible...
i copped some on amazon, but the dont let the blade move, so it doesnt cut... and i have the ones from my old t-outliner but those dont let the blade move to much either...

sorry if this is confusing... please help

Nah, I get what you're saying. When I trim beards, I always use clippers with either a 2 guard (2/8 in) or 1 guard (1/8 in). I know what you're talking about, and it's those guards that click onto the Outliners, right? Liners aren't really meant for taking hair down to a desired size. They are meant for outlining. I suggest you invest in some clippers if you really want to trim your facial hair. They don't have to be expensive ones, but just know that the cheaper ones will occasionally pull on the hair.

Also, I need an explanation behind your avy :lol:. I always catch myself staring at it for 15 seconds.

Can you recommend some inexpensive but ok ones?... i will just be using it for the facial hair...

and the avy...

we were at some party and these chicks were like wresting all drunk and that happend... my boy snagged the pic as i yelled... WHale Tail

this one is actually upside down, just never changed it

Last edited:
Haha, nice story.

OK, so there's a lot of lower end clippers out there that can get the job done. I'm just not sure which ones specifically because I've only ever used the higher end professional clippers. I'd look into some Wahl or Andis clippers in the $20-30 range.

man screw them expensive clippers. no needed if your cutting your hair only

I got the wahl 5 star clippers but i just bought the Andis Envy clippers for $28 that on a comparable level to the seniorsView media item 175380
I got some wahl 5 star clippers for sale. probably will post it in the for sale section here and andis t liners with pro-mate blade View media item 175423

Last edited:
@ Trav T, you should check out the Pacinos app on the app store. its alright, its kinda like the vids that cakinisrandy and vickthebarber do, but pacinos is the new hype. i thought he was whatever though.

if anyone is looking for a pair of clippers to just take down facial hair, wahl designers for 36 dollars are pretty good for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_4?rh=i:aps,k:wahl&page=4&keywords=wahl&ie=UTF8&qid=1355822622

I'll check it out, thanks! Those aren't bad, but these are better and for about the same price:

Amazon product ASIN B000ZMAL2U

yeah youre right i didnt see that magic clips were that cheap. i thought that they went for more. i agree with you though in that investing in a pair of clippers like masters or fast feeds would work better than buying a cheap pair of clippers. clipper oil is also a necessity too. always gotta keep the blades oiled.

i recently just ordered some oster speed lines from altantabarbers. waiting for them to get in tm.
http://stores.atlantabarber.com/-strse-22/Oster-Speedline-Clipper/Detail.bok

I've heard good things about those. Let us know how they are when you get them!

Why would you want to sell those 2 very good tools?

The wahls are more for barbers. The wahls are solid but I need a light weight all around clippers. The andis envy are solid to me. probably sell the liners to get the smaller black t liner or wahl hero

Last edited:
yeah youre right i didnt see that magic clips were that cheap. i thought that they went for more. i agree with you though in that investing in a pair of clippers like masters or fast feeds would work better than buying a cheap pair of clippers. clipper oil is also a necessity too. always gotta keep the blades oiled.
i recently just ordered some oster speed lines from altantabarbers. waiting for them to get in tm.
http://stores.atlantabarber.com/-strse-22/Oster-Speedline-Clipper/Detail.bok

i repeat you do not need a expensive clipper. $30 clipper is just fine for at home use The expensive ones are for barbers and proffesionals

You don't NEED an expensive clipper, but there is also no point in spending $30 on a decent one if you can get the professional ones for $40. I'm not saying you have to buy Andis Masters for $100, but there are some professional clippers that can be had at very reasonably prices. If you really want the best fades, you need the professional ones.

Last edited:
wahl heros. to be truthful i bought a $15 liner from walmart wahls and they were sharp as heck just as good as t liners or better

no disrespect, i am curious as to what kind of hair you have. i am asian and i have tried the other liners before and it leaves stuble when i use the cheap ones because the blades are not close enough. however, i have cut some black friends hair and cheaper liners do get the job done

no disrespect, i am curious as to what kind of hair you have. i am asian and i have tried the other liners before and it leaves stuble when i use the cheap ones because the blades are not close enough. however, i have cut some black friends hair and cheaper liners do get the job done

Is your name Alex? :nerd:

You don't NEED an expensive clipper, but there is also no point in spending $30 on a decent one if you can get the professional ones for $40. I'm not saying you have to buy Andis Masters for $100, but there are some professional clippers that can be had at very reasonably prices. If you really want the best fades, you need the professional ones.

naw, if you really want the best fades you need to know how to cut hair! I saw barbers use cheap $30 clippers on my head such as the andis envy i bought and faded me up good and others.

Man how do you cut a cowlick? Pretty sure I have one on my crown & I keep screwing up my head a cutting it too short because I can't figure out the direction my hair grows in that spot :smh:

Man how do you cut a cowlick? Pretty sure I have one on my crown & I keep screwing up my head a cutting it too short because I can't figure out the direction my hair grows in that spot :smh:

If you're running a guard through your hair, just cut in different directions and keep the clippers flat on your head. If you're doing a cut with scissors for longer hair, you have to leave the hair around the cowlick longer or else it will stick straight up if you go too short.

can someone tell me what the game's haircut is called? What would I tell my barber to do? I usually get a dark ceaser with a temple taper, and taper in the back. His I can't figure out what to call it. I can't post a picture but I'm talking about how he currently looks. Light on the sides and dark on top with his waves.

Back
Top Bottom