Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

I have a hi-top fade, how to I maintain it from gettin' split ends/dead ends and keeping it perfectly box-shaped?

^ a friend of who's had a high-top fade for some years now gets his hair trimmed/washed at a salon every few months. Seems to keep his hair healthy.

Hey_

I'm currently rockin'' with an Andis Superliner,

I came across a pair of Andis T-Outliners for $39.99, should I cop to trim/shave facial hair?

Julius F. Wrek

So question.. are the Masters really worth the money? And are they THAT sharp and powerful? I'm going to be using them for shaving and hair-cuts.

Lastly, are they able to be 0-gapped/even bladed?

I think they are worth the money I have no regrets. To me they give u a much clean and even cut the first time. When I got them they were perfect right out the box. Best 86.00 I ever spent

Is the T-outliner suitable for cutting hair? I'm wondering about how close it would be compared to a 0 on a regular set of clippers or if it would be more likely to cause irritation to the head.

For all my bald brothers....

41p46YdW0LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is good for a really close shave for my black dudes/dudes with sensitive skin.

I remember my barber using this before I started doing it myself. I have sensitive skin, so this would be perfect.

I just scooped the Pro Mates for my Styliner II. I can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:
Im looking for a new blade for my GTX... it had an outlinner standard blade on it already....

Its the pro mate the way to go or is there something that can cut closer for the mustache and beard?

Without having to adjust the blade yourself, the Pro-Mates are the closest. GTX stock blades are pretty similar to Pro-Mates, though. The only disadvantage is eventual rust on the blade.

Anybody know where to get blades for a straight edge cheap? My barber gets his from a guy who sells supplies from his van, they are in orange packaging.

Any places online iI can order in bulk for him. He's going morefor price/quantity over quality

just signed up for barber school up my way in PA i'm 17..currently using some andis masters and have a t-outliner and the magnesium styliner 2 and i have the wahl tattoo for designs. will post pics of a few cuts tomorrow.

curious to know how you guys store your clippers/liners? im looking for a nice box for mine now

I keep them in a old shoe box in my linen closet. My friend that's a barber told me to never leave them in the bathroom

Anybody know where to get blades for a straight edge cheap? My barber gets his from a guy who sells supplies from his van, they are in orange packaging.

Any places online iI can order in bulk for him. He's going morefor price/quantity over quality

You can go to any beauty supply store they usually have them behind the counter you gotta ask. They are about 1$ for 10

The brand is dorco- orange and white pack

Has anyone here used the self cut system?
Wondering if its worth the money

I bought it for $60 last year and its been worth it so far. It makes the haircutting process faster because you don't have to hold a mirror and look for the right angle. It makes doing the back of your head way easier too. They way I look at it, it pays for itself in 3 cuts, compared to what I'd pay at the barbershop.

quote name="2throwed" url="/t/514651/post-your-barber-clippers-liners-barber-tools-discussion-questions/120#post_17007043"]
You can go to any beauty supply store they usually have them behind the counter you gotta ask. They are about 1$ for 10

Thanks, he's looking to order something online for cheaper tho. It doesn't have to be that brand bit just something that he can buy in bulk for cheap

The brand is dorco- orange and white pack[/quote]k

Just cut it. Fading takes a lot of practice. It took many attempts and 0's all around before I finally got it right. Not perfect, but it works for the weekend. The way my hair grows, I'm always due for a cut 7 days after.

Nice job bro. The fade is nice and clean. I still haven't gotten that down.

Is the T-outliner suitable for cutting hair? I'm wondering about how close it would be compared to a 0 on a regular set of clippers or if it would be more likely to cause irritation to the head.

I don't think it would irritate the skin in the factory setting. Barbers usually use them to get the bald level in a high bald fade.

I left my T-Outliners in the bathroom for a week one time. The blade rusted :lol:.

Ive kept my clippers in the bathroom for 14 years, and ive never had a problem. I keep them in the bottom drawer, maybe that makes a difference.

Why would you leave them on the counter anyway? I hate a messy bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom