Look at all the hipsters with their fixed gear bikes
laugh.gif

You guys are so edgy
Shut up

Weather is getting warmer

pimp.gif

any sites you guys recommend for bmx bikes? I needs schooling

btw, theres already 2 big threads on this

My bike is older than some of the people on this Board... 
1987 GT Pro Freestyle Tour Team Model (Day-Glow Pink)
It's currently hanging in a bike shop on display...
281832036.jpg

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Sweet bike......

love BMX bikes... I have a 2-Hip Soul

thanks. post your 2-hip. I always wanted a porker back in the day.

I'm about to start getting back into working out and been wanting to get a bike to do some cardio since it's starting to get nice out. Any suggestions on a decent bike that's not too expensive. I'm willing to spend between $200-$300.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

any sites you guys recommend for bmx bikes? I needs schooling

btw, theres already 2 big threads on this

wheres the threads at? im needing some advice on a mountain/trail bike
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

fixed bikes are disgusting IMO

this is mine

trek5200mod3.jpg
i like it.

i dont get what makes a fixed bike disgusting? the drivetrain makes it disgusting?

I hate this time of year when all the fixed gear clowns come out on their shiny new bikes.
Learn the rules of the road before you start running red lights, causing accidents and such.
and get a helmet!

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

I hate this time of year when all the fixed gear clowns come out on their shiny new bikes.
Learn the rules of the road before you start running red lights, causing accidents and such.
and get a helmet!

Crucial.  I didnt learn proper road etiquette till I started riding with a bunch of road cyclists, those dudes know.
A lot of guys riding fixed think they're untouchable, they fail to see the real danger that goes along side riding on the street.  Trust me seeing someone get hit or hearing about people going into comas gets you shook, especially when its acquaintances or friends.  Rock that helmet cause it'll save your life.

I run my fair share of red lights when I'm riding in the city but the excitement you get from that is nothing compared to passing weekend warriors dressed in full US Postal kits with carbon bikes.

This bike is absolutely sick!  I remember being a little kid and flipping through BMX Plus and wanting one of these bad.  Years later I got a Dyno Comp (I think.  It was the lowest end freestyle bike) and then I finally got a GT Pro Freestyle about a year or two later. 
281832036.jpg

Just got a single-speed the other day.  Basically the same type of frame, tires, build, etc... as a fixed gear but it's on a freewheel so you can coast.  I'm not trying to kill my legs on that fixie all day, plus it's brutal trying to bike around the roads up here.  Cars almost hunt you down. 

So I've been out of the bike game for a WHILE now and I copped whatever seemed light, rides well, and fits me size-wise.  Got a Torker U-District for $350 brand new.  Anybody know if that's a solid brand or a decent price for it?  It's all stock right now.  Haven't done any mods yet, but I want to get some Kevlar tires, cover the seat (@!#$ hurts!) and maybe upgrade the brakes, etc... I'll post up pics soon.

Originally Posted by MOchi

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]where are all the 20" riders?[/td][/tr][/table]
i picked up a 24 last year to cruise now im really thinking about getting a 20 this summer to play around with

Originally Posted by justinvincent

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Crucial.  I didnt learn proper road etiquette till I started riding with a bunch of road cyclists, those dudes know.
A lot of guys riding fixed think they're untouchable, they fail to see the real danger that goes along side riding on the street.  Trust me seeing someone get hit or hearing about people going into comas gets you shook, especially when its acquaintances or friends.  Rock that helmet cause it'll save your life.

I run my fair share of red lights when I'm riding in the city but the excitement you get from that is nothing compared to passing weekend warriors dressed in full US Postal kits with carbon bikes.

'scuse my ignorance but what?

Back
Top Bottom