\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Does/has anyone on NT own(ed) a Maserati?

Are they quality cars to buy? Or constant trips to the shop?

Ferrari maintenance without the Ferrari.
Anyone have any experience with the mk 7 Golf R?

I wanted to know if the dsg or the manual was built better for mods?

-Drew

Anyone?
DSG would be better for mods. Unless you plan on upgrading the clutch on the manual, its going to slip with all the torque once you go over stage 1

Mind sending me a source where I can read up on this info, bro? I've always had the idea that sticks were able to handle mods much better but I guess that's not the case with the golf r?

Truly appreciate any help.

I don't recall anyone here having a golf r yet

Don't race one from a dig

I learned that day

The mk7 R launches like a bat outta hell

Would love to know the details of this story, mang.

I'm guessing it was the dsg you were up against?

-Drew

Once golf r is rolling its not all that tho. That awd weighs it down. I kept up with one almost in my stage 2 fiesta ST rolling from 20mph

Mind sending me a source where I can read up on this info, bro? I've always had the idea that sticks were able to handle mods much better but I guess that's not the case with the golf r?
-Drew

Try vwvortex.com
Pretty sure you'll get all the info you need there.

DSG is definitely better for mods. One of the main reasons I went with that over the manual with my DSG

The stock clutch on the manual gearbox needs to be upgraded for anything Stage 2 and above.

Let me know if you have any questions. I only have a GTI but I'm sure some of the questions will still apply. Go with the DSG and you won't be dissapointed. One of the best gearboxes on the market, hands down

I have a quick question for those that lease their cars.  I'm a first time car buyer and I leased the 2015 Audi A4 for 36 months back in March of 2015.  I'm looking to lease the new A5/S5 sportback when it hits the States.  Can I transfer the lease over to a new car or can I do something similar?  Any help is appreciated.

I have the same car and color. Salty we don't have apple CarPlay like the 16's.
Yea I was pretty upset when I saw what carplay is capable of... but I'm content, these are really fun cars. Especially the V6's...

Last edited:
I have a quick question for those that lease their cars.  I'm a first time car buyer and I leased the 2015 Audi A4 for 36 months back in March of 2015.  I'm looking to lease the new A5/S5 sportback when it hits the States.  Can I transfer the lease over to a new car or can I do something similar?  Any help is appreciated.

I know some people look for someone else to take over their lease. Might want to look into that. But it's probably a case by case basis with most dealers leaning no

You're what 1 year and a half into it? You may be stuck with it unless you have someone take over the lease for you. You could try going to your dealer and see what they could do for you for the hell of it. I know a lot of places once you only have a few months left on your lease they will pay it off to put you into something new

He's pretty much stuck with it until the lease is up.

Unless you don't mind having 2 leases, just lease the 2nd car since you're halfway through one.

#baller

You're what 1 year and a half into it? You may be stuck with it unless you have someone take over the lease for you. You could try going to your dealer and see what they could do for you for the hell of it. I know a lot of places once you only have a few months left on your lease they will pay it off to put you into something new

Yea it depends on the car and the car u are going into.

For instance if your car is in good shape and they can sell it as a CPO they want to get it off your hands and into someone elses while they are also getting you on the hook for a brand new car.

But it all depends on the dealer and the cars involved

Making a final decision on that red interior Turbo today. It's a damn good deal just trying to decide if i go for it or wait it out for a white car in this price range (which may never happen)

Last edited:
Yea I was pretty upset when I saw what carplay is capable of... but I'm content, these are really fun cars. Especially the V6's...
Yeah, I wonder for the 10th gen if they're going to keep the v6 or switch to turbo.

My gf has a 16 civic with the new head units. The map app on CarPlay is real nice, basically a navigation unit. The music app is also much better.

This one is out of my price range due to very low miles, but good gawd it's sitting right 
sick.gif

Yeah, I wonder for the 10th gen if they're going to keep the v6 or switch to turbo.

My gf has a 16 civic with the new head units. The map app on CarPlay is real nice, basically a navigation unit. The music app is also much better.
Its been confirmed they are going away from the V6, to the turbo i4. Honda is going for their engines to be more fuel efficient. But turbo opens things up for the Accord, but I'll miss that V6 sound...

There is a screen mirroring device for 2013'-2015's but its expensive. Thats about the only option we have, other than getting an aftermarket headunit.

Last edited:

Truly appreciate any help.
Would love to know the details of this story, mang.

I'm guessing it was the dsg you were up against?

-Drew
I'm pretty sure it was DSG. He was shifting fast
Once golf r is rolling its not all that tho. That awd weighs it down. I kept up with one almost in my stage 2 fiesta ST rolling from 20mph
I would of ate it up on a roll race

Making a final decision on that red interior Turbo today. It's a damn good deal just trying to decide if i go for it or wait it out for a white car in this price range (which may never happen)
What's the exterior color?  Red interior is very rare in general, love that contrast especially with white or black exterior.  55K for a turbo 997 6-speed with those miles is a pretty good deal.  Cheapest I've seen close to those specs in the 4sale section of 6speedonline is in the mid 60s and 70s.  If you end up getting it and get tired of it in a few years, I'll buy it from you
nthat.gif

What's the exterior color?  Red interior is very rare in general, love that contrast especially with white or black exterior.  55K for a turbo 997 6-speed with those miles is a pretty good deal.  Cheapest I've seen close to those specs in the 4sale section of 6speedonline is in the mid 60s and 70s.  If you end up getting it and get tired of it in a few years, I'll buy it from you
nthat.gif
Silver.  And i actually talked him down even further on price.

What car you guys think would be the best bang for your buck performance car for $30k
Obviously depends what type of performance you're looking for, like handling or straight line power or mix of both. But the best bang for your buck and most fun cars in that price range are E92 M3, Cayman S, 997 Carrera S (probably more like 35k), C6 Z06 Vette

Last edited:
Yea it depends on the car and the car u are going into.

For instance if your car is in good shape and they can sell it as a CPO they want to get it off your hands and into someone elses while they are also getting you on the hook for a brand new car.

But it all depends on the dealer and the cars involved
Yea for example Honda was offering to put me in a brand new Si 5 months before my lease maturity date. They would pay of the rest and put me in a new one with zero down. Too bad Honda failed to bring the type r over here.

Anyway I said no and my Subaru dealer paid the last month of my lease when I got into the STI

I don't recall anyone here having a golf r yet
I be lurrrkiin.. The golf R is beast. Tune it to at least stage 1 though. For 700 bucks you get a HUGE performance jump. 0-60 from 5 seconds to under 4 with good rubber. I'm going stage 2 once AMS finishes their downpipe and possible tune.

It depends what you want to do. The DSG is better built for mods but after 400ft/lbs of torque you may experience slip and want to beef up clutch packs. The manual is going to have clutch slip for anything higher than stage 1 tune and maybe even after some time on stage 1. It's probably cheaper to beef up a manual clutch than dsg.

Short answer DSG is better built. but maybe more expensive if you are going for crazy 450 hp numbers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom