\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I've read a lot of GTI guys swap clutches at Stage 2 cause of slippage.

Mind sending me a source where I can read up on this info, bro? I've always had the idea that sticks were able to handle mods much better but I guess that's not the case with the golf r?
-Drew

Try vwvortex.com
Pretty sure you'll get all the info you need there.

Appreciate all the help, fellas. :nthat:

-Drew

I don't recall anyone here having a golf r yet
I be lurrrkiin.. The golf R is beast. Tune it to at least stage 1 though. For 700 bucks you get a HUGE performance jump. 0-60 from 5 seconds to under 4 with good rubber. I'm going stage 2 once AMS finishes their downpipe and possible tune.

It depends what you want to do. The DSG is better built for mods but after 400ft/lbs of torque you may experience slip and want to beef up clutch packs. The manual is going to have clutch slip for anything higher than stage 1 tune and maybe even after some time on stage 1. It's probably cheaper to beef up a manual clutch than dsg.

Short answer DSG is better built. but maybe more expensive if you are going for crazy 450 hp numbers
Bet it handles like a go kart. :pimp:

DSG is definitely better for mods. One of the main reasons I went with that over the manual with my DSG

The stock clutch on the manual gearbox needs to be upgraded for anything Stage 2 and above.

Let me know if you have any questions. I only have a GTI but I'm sure some of the questions will still apply. Go with the DSG and you won't be dissapointed. One of the best gearboxes on the market, hands down

I don't recall anyone here having a golf r yet
I be lurrrkiin.. The golf R is beast. Tune it to at least stage 1 though. For 700 bucks you get a HUGE performance jump. 0-60 from 5 seconds to under 4 with good rubber. I'm going stage 2 once AMS finishes their downpipe and possible tune.

It depends what you want to do. The DSG is better built for mods but after 400ft/lbs of torque you may experience slip and want to beef up clutch packs. The manual is going to have clutch slip for anything higher than stage 1 tune and maybe even after some time on stage 1. It's probably cheaper to beef up a manual clutch than dsg.

Short answer DSG is better built. but maybe more expensive if you are going for crazy 450 hp numbers

Appreciated, fellas. :nthat:

I'm definitely going to be hitting you guys up.
I just placed an order for a R 2 days ago. DCC/Nav/manual in Oryx White.

Called my dealer and got the order changed to DSG just today after the responses I've got from NT and locals. :lol:

-Drew

@DLee23 Nice, bro.
nthat.gif

You got yours in DSG?

-Drew
Yeah, DSG is where it's at. I'm turned off to other cars just based on transmissions now lol.

Even manual purists can't knock it. You have to have an absolute NEED to shift your own gears to choose manual over the DSG. Maybe you prefer drifting to autoX or something I dunno. 

Mind sending me a source where I can read up on this info, bro? I've always had the idea that sticks were able to handle mods much better but I guess that's not the case with the golf r?
-Drew

Try vwvortex.com
Pretty sure you'll get all the info you need there.

Late, but this. Theres a dedicated MK7 R forum, but The Car Lounge is a great source of info. Its like NT for cars. Its where I get a majority of my car info from. From new cars to general info about pretty much any car.
What car you guys think would be the best bang for your buck performance car for $30k
Did I hear a rumble? Nah, but all the cars Nelson said plus the ones NT hates if going new: GTI, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, WRX/STI, Mustangs, and Camaro's

Obviously depends what type of performance you're looking for, like handling or straight line power or mix of both. But the best bang for your buck and most fun cars in that price range are E92 M3, Cayman S, 997 Carrera S (probably more like 35k), C6 Z06 Vette
Im looking for both straight line and handling

The z06 would be the perfect all around car

Not a bad price with low miles too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-C...0919&clkid=8550313846999790740&_qi=RTM2247625

Anybody know where I can find people looking to turn over their lease? I'm looking for a short term lease.

I tried SwapaLease but haven't had much luck.

Screw it. I have catless do and res delete as does my friend in this video. I bit the bullet and bought the same rear muffler replacement he had in this video. Can't wait to get it on. Mine will sound the same. Without this vibrant muffler at the rear in place of my stock one I have a raspy sound. I'll now get a deeper note and some pops and bangs without drone. Aftermarket systems are louder but I don't like that. As drone drives me mental. He found. The perfect medium and I'm glad I followed suit. A lot cheaper then buying a brand name complete system too and best sound for daily with still getting some pops too

Deal is done on the Turbo.

Trading my M3 in to my boss tomorrow unless someone here wants to scoop it up for a deal before then.
Congrats bro. Hope the ownership is everything you dreamed of. Can't imagine how excited you are as a P-car enthusiast.

Back
Top Bottom