\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

q50 red sport is one of the best handling and flat out best cars i ever drove

if you own the car, some minor tweaks and its up there with some 75k+ cars

1550720239654117.gif

1550720336654172.gif

That’s what I plan to do for the hellcat
No more dealership

It's done and over with now but look into powerstop rotors and pads next time.

People rave about them on lxforums and a few Mustang boards.

Also if you doing OEM just buy them off rock auto and find any old brake shop to install them for $150.

Personally I think the stock pads that come with the Bremos on the Dodges are trash. I wouldn't do OEM pads.

It's done and over with now but look into powerstop rotors and pads next time.

People rave about them on lxforums and a few Mustang boards.

Also if you doing OEM just buy them off rock auto and find any old brake shop to install them for $150.

Personally I think the stock pads that come with the Bremos on the Dodges are trash. I wouldn't do OEM pads.
I had powerstop slotted rotors and pads on my mustang and had no complaints.

Where do you guys go when it’s time to change your brakes? Prob just gonna go to the dealer where I got my car. Wish I knew a mechanic but I don’t

My car pulses/pumps pretty bad when I brake at highway speeds and squeaks a little at normal speed. Looked online and called the dealer and seems like I need new rotors

Where do you guys go when it’s time to change your brakes? Prob just gonna go to the dealer where I got my car. Wish I knew a mechanic but I don’t

My car pulses/pumps pretty bad when I brake at highway speeds and squeaks a little at normal speed. Looked online and called the dealer and seems like I need new rotors
I go to the parking space where my car is parked in my apartment complex and knock it out in 20 minutes :lol:

And yes, you more than likely need new rotors if you feel a strong vibration when braking at high speeds.

Kind of car you got?

Brakes and rotors are pretty simple to swap out.

If you can turn a wrench, you can diy.

cs02132 cs02132 if it’s just the rotor, you could do it yourself or take it just about anywhere because it’s a simple job.

BUT what you described sounds more like a caliper issue. They may have seized up. Depending on your car, changing your calipers could be a bit more involved.

EB2DE534-2DED-4619-B871-2302A5716B77.jpeg

Poor guy here, finally traded in my 08 Si and got a Civic Hatch Sport.

World of difference and such an easy, comfortable ride. Way more space, brake hold is a nice convenience. Only thing I dislike is the area where my right leg rests against (against the center console) is hard plastic so its rather uncomfortable but whatever. I do like how high the center console is, I feel like im in a cockpit.

Btw, what gas does this thing take? :lol: Im getting mixed answers when I google, the manual says some confusing crap. Its a CVT if it matters.

G Wagen isn't for me. My friend is looking for one. He's going to lease it. I will never buy a Mercedes or BMW again unless maybe an E30 or E36 M3.

Oh, well that’s totally different. I mean if he likes it and wants to lease it that’s cool.

I figured you were buying used.

EB2DE534-2DED-4619-B871-2302A5716B77.jpeg

Poor guy here, finally traded in my 08 Si and got a Civic Hatch Sport.

World of difference and such an easy, comfortable ride. Way more space, brake hold is a nice convenience. Only thing I dislike is the area where my right leg rests against (against the center console) is hard plastic so its rather uncomfortable but whatever. I do like how high the center console is, I feel like im in a cockpit.

Btw, what gas does this thing take? :lol: Im getting mixed answers when I google, the manual says some confusing crap. Its a CVT if it matters.
Pretty these things have a 1.5T, so I’d go with an octane rating of 91 or more for optimum performance and reduce any chance of knock. I know some modern cars you can fill with lower grade fuel that typically recommend 91 or above and the ECU will adjust timing accordingly. I’d honestly just play it safe and fill with 93.

Online civic forums say 91 is recommended for the sport and you won’t get the full 180 hp if it’s 87. Turbos are happier on higher octane. I only put 93 in my Wrx. Just look at it as an investment to keeping your car happier longer.

Back
Top Bottom