\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

looking for a car cover for the challenger, its going to be parked outside and in an area that experiences a fair amount of wind, so i want the one that has strapping and ones that wont scratch the paint much when the wind is rubbing the cover to the car, any suggestions?
How much you looking to spend? There's cheap ones for like $25 & the designated Mopar cover for $200+. Here's a link https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=CHALLENEGR+CAR+COVER&selcontext=productType:CAR_AND_TRUCK&selvel=Year:2016,Make:Dodge,Model:Challenger,Trim:392+Hemi+Scat+Pack+Shaker+Coupe+2-Door,Engine:6.4L+6424CC+392Cu.+In.+V8+GAS+OHV+Naturally+Aspirated,Submodel:392+Hemi+Scat+Pack+Shaker,Engine+-+Liter_Display:6.4L. I have the Mopar cover & it has the holes for you to put rope or bungee cords through to hatch it down for outdoor use.
20191222_115048.jpg
& here's what it looks like

Last edited:
How much you looking to spend? There's cheap ones for like $25 & the designated Mopar cover for $200+. Here's a link https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=CHALLENEGR+CAR+COVER&selcontext=productType:CAR_AND_TRUCK&selvel=Year:2016,Make:Dodge,Model:Challenger,Trim:392+Hemi+Scat+Pack+Shaker+Coupe+2-Door,Engine:6.4L+6424CC+392Cu.+In.+V8+GAS+OHV+Naturally+Aspirated,Submodel:392+Hemi+Scat+Pack+Shaker,Engine+-+Liter_Display:6.4L. I have the Mopar cover & it has the holes for you to put rope or bungee cords through to hatch it down for outdoor use.
20191222_115048.jpg
U think it will protect the paint from California Sun?

U think it will protect the paint from California Sun?
Most definitely it will. And like andretti andretti said you can get some soft, clean blankets & lay those down for added protection. Personally I love it. Soft & quality material, lightweight, allows for the paint to breathe & custom contoured to the car so it fits like a glove.

Last edited:
20191222_115048.jpg
Damn wildin that they have to put a no urinating sign up.

Not sure if you checked the link today but it went for $41,800 including buyers fees. The link shows the total price, not the hammer price. Not bad for a 94. Would just have to see what years the snap-ring issue affected which cars. I'd love one too,. but I sway towards a Lotus Elise for some reason.
No I wasn't keeping up with it, actually a great price considering what they are being listed for.

i want this. I love these man
Trade in da hemi you wont be disappointed. That ls7 is a beast. A little boost or spray and it would put shame to that hellkitty. Stock it will blow any mopar out the water in any sport that involves turns (except an acr viper)

Damn wildin that they have to put a no urinating sign up.
Yeah lol that signs been up wayy before I started renting the spot. Its hilarious so I left it up once I started renting it. I've never seen or smelled urine on any levels of my garage thank God

Trade in da hemi you wont be disappointed. That ls7 is a beast. A little boost or spray and it would put shame to that hellkitty. Stock it will blow any mopar out the water in any sport that involves turns (except an acr viper)
But it needs that little boost or spray to be able to put shame to that hellkitty, otherwise it's not happenin. And as it should beat the Mopar on turns as Mopars are designed for straight line speed & not engineered with the twisties in mind.

But it needs that little boost or spray to be able to put shame to that hellkitty, otherwise it's not happenin. And as it should beat the Mopar on turns as Mopars are designed for straight line speed & not engineered with the twisties in mind.
Yeah but your comparing a naturally aspirated v8 to a supercharged v8. Take a 392 and compare it to its competitors. Most power near identical price points with crappy suspension and rear ends.

I want both bruh
Hemi for cruising and Camaro for Track bruising
It’s an amazing track car from what I know plus not sure if I would want more power as it’s pretty balanced with the stock power

Yeah but your comparing a naturally aspirated v8 to a supercharged v8. Take a 392 and compare it to its competitors. Most power near identical price points with crappy suspension and rear ends.
The driveshaft being blown is a HC & Demon issue from what I've seen, not so much the 392 as these have 200+ less hp to put down. Suspensions are pretty beefy on supercharged Mopars; just needs a stronger driveshaft. I do admit shame on Dodge for advertising/selling drag cars & not installing a proper driveshaft . My good friend has a 2009 SRT making 850hp & upwards of 800tq on a stock suspension. His builder TrueStreetJim, I met him @ his shop last summer & asked what needs to be done to 392s or Hellcats suspension when adding more power. He said for the most part, the factory suspension is just fine. I'm in no way an expert...I'm just repeating what an experienced builder told me. Comparing a 392 to its competitors...I see only the 392 being a true "muscle car"...wide hips,retro looks/coke bottle shape, loud powerful V8 with a bruiser image. Sorry, but neither the Stang nor any Camaro are any longer a "muscle car". They've transcended their genre & evolved into a sports car that is competing with Euro makes & that's def not a bad thing. I still consider both cars to be exciting & awesome in their own ways. Dodge is the only brand left focused on str8line muscle performance. If I wanted a car that would turn, I'd be in a 370Z. At the end of the day to each their own & this is just my perosnal opinion & nothing more. Mopar-Or...you know the rest :lol:

You meankeep the hemi to go fishing or sailboating?
To go yachting!!!
But nah I enjoy the challenger for what it is, but I want that z28 it seems like a missile that can corner like its on rails plus those 7 liters of all American horsepower get me hard as a rock/ like a Chevy :wink:

mom just hoping they dip into the 30s within the next couple years and the internet doesn’t hype me up too much.

They should have just put truck rear ends in them. :lol:

my 6.7 powerstroke has 925 torques and it’s fine.

I guess it’s a little different than r compound tires getting launched though.

That's actually not a bad idea lol. Well than, with 925tq!!!! it better be fine haha. Launching any high hp vehicle in its stock form can result in parts being spat out from underneath but having that happen when you pay $$$ on a lmtd run car like the Demon...that's inexcusable

Yeah it’s just them cutting corners.

you get a demon to do demon stuff. I’d be pissed if I had to baby it instead of using it for what it’s made for.

I remember when the r35 gt-r came out if you used launch control it voided the warranty.

my boss at the time got the first one in MN. what’s the first thing he did when we were riding in it? Launch control. :lol:

like my dude with the blue hellcat said, they advertised it as a drag car but didn’t design it to be used at the track frequently with r compound tires.
They should have offered a different differential

Back
Top Bottom