\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Never been to the strip. I plan to go after I get a 9' rear end installed to see what It can do. It spins the tires up to 3rd with the 345's that are on it. I know similar setups are running low 11s high 10s all motor with the right gearing.
On a prepped track you might not spin so much. If you do run it post a vid here. in the future I plan on doing a ls1 swap on the el camino. Wonder if it’ll bolt up to the OG trans it’s a 350turbo

On a prepped track you might not spin so much. If you do run it post a vid here. in the future I plan on doing a ls1 swap on the el camino. Wonder if it’ll bolt up to the OG trans it’s a 350turbo
Nah on a prepped track I'll 100% snap an axel or grenade the diff after a handful of passes. There are a certain amount of people that's been lucky and its survived track days in the 10s but that's rare and I wouldn't wanna even try going to the track until I copped a 9'. On a side note the aftermarket is so big for the LSX community you could literally bolt up any transmission to any ls motor to any car as long as you can make it fit. You have so many options with bore size, liter size,short deck, big deck, iron & aluminum ,dry sump or wet sump ect. They're kind of like Honda motors everything is interchangeable for the most part like legos.

Nah on a prepped track I'll 100% snap an axel or grenade the diff after a handful of passes. There are a certain amount of people that's been lucky and its survived track days in the 10s but that's rare and I wouldn't wanna even try going to the track until I copped a 9'. On a side note the aftermarket is so big for the LSX community you could literally bolt up any transmission to any ls motor to any car as long as you can make it fit. You have so many options with bore size, liter size,short deck, big deck, iron & aluminum ,dry sump or wet sump ect. They're kind of like Honda motors everything is interchangeable for the most part like legos.
Wow that’s good to know. I’ve had two chevys but I don’t know much about the engine compatibility. Off to the forums!

Just a quick search I found that all you need is an adapter/spacer to bolt it right up to the older transmissions :lol:
Might be more simple than I thought

mrclean is right. Though the th350 is a good transmission id build it up before i put a ls infront of it. Stock they can handle about 300 hp but for peace of mind id get it rebuilt with an overdrive or a 4l80 .

mrclean is right. Though the th350 is a good transmission id build it up before i put a ls infront of it. Stock they can handle about 300 hp but for peace of mind id get it rebuilt with an overdrive or a 4l80 .
Really I’m not looking to make big power on this car. It’ll be mostly a weekend cruiser. Was thinking of just throwing in a 5.3 And calling it a day. Still an upgrade over the original 305 that’s in it now. You think I’ll still need to build the trans with a 5.3?

Really I’m not looking to make big power on this car. It’ll be mostly a weekend cruiser. Was thinking of just throwing in a 5.3 And calling it a day. Still an upgrade over the original 305 that’s in it now. You think I’ll still need to build the trans with a 5.3?
Well i had (have) the same idea as you. The original 5.3 made 270 hp and 315 pounds of torque the later ones made a bit more but not drastic so you still be near the limits of a stock th350 so id build that up and install an overdrive ,or just grab the transmission along with the engine .the benefits to that is you have more than 3 speeds and you dont have to worry about which adapter to get to go with the engine.

2019 gle amg going for mid 60s.
40k depreciation in that short time
Might cop one after my truck paid off.

Well i had (have) the same idea as you. The original 5.3 made 270 hp and 315 pounds of torque the later ones made a bit more but not drastic so you still be near the limits of a stock th350 so id build that up and install an overdrive ,or just grab the transmission along with the engine .the benefits to that is you have more than 3 speeds and you dont have to worry about which adapter to get to go with the engine.
Oh ok I see what you mean. I’ll look into that when the time comes

My coworker has an 18 coupe 63 and man is it ****ing ugly :lol: imo
Hahaha, I tried to get my wife to buy a super discounted 19 GLE 63s coupe before she bought the Audi and she said the same thing . I actually don't mind the weird shape. It is different though I'll gice you thst.

63 coupe
Was a 2018 smh
But still a good price
Amg already have horrible depreciation ( except for certain black series) than take into the fact that the 19s and older have the older interior and exterior , yea deals to be had for sure. There is a new 19 at my dealer with 25k off msrp and I bet they would go down even lower for a serious buyer

Well I need to replace the timing chain on my LaCrosse. Firestone quoted me almost $1,500 so I am gonna call around tomorrow for a better deal. I really don't even want to invest any more money in this damn car, but it's also not so bad that I want to junk it or anything... I'd just rather be putting this money towards something new, but my damn insurance mayne... maybe I should call around and get some quotes on that too. I really want a Genesis sedan, they have a good deal on the 2019 G70 (84 mo no interest), but I can get a 2017 with less than 30k miles for around 20k @ 3% apr. Only probably is my insurance will be as high as my car note I'm sure, which just sucks.

965CA48E-AFB5-44F2-A211-DE1F3B1C221C.jpeg

Been so busy with the baby, decided to take the car out today and UnDS these beauties.

Well I need to replace the timing chain on my LaCrosse. Firestone quoted me almost $1,500 so I am gonna call around tomorrow for a better deal. I really don't even want to invest any more money in this damn car, but it's also not so bad that I want to junk it or anything... I'd just rather be putting this money towards something new, but my damn insurance mayne... maybe I should call around and get some quotes on that too. I really want a Genesis sedan, they have a good deal on the 2019 G70 (84 mo no interest), but I can get a 2017 with less than 30k miles for around 20k @ 3% apr. Only probably is my insurance will be as high as my car note I'm sure, which just sucks.

Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom