\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The blackout of the badges can be done. Buy new badges, the shop wont take the backing off and will spray it with automotive paint and when it dries they will clearcoat it.
I had my hellcat badges painted to match b5 blue.

giphy (11).gif

In before someone recommends plasti dip :lol:

I’ve blacked out badges before but the amount of time it’ll take you to remove, sand, prime, paint, remove the old adhesive, add new 3m tape is not worth it. If it was just a couple badges them go for it but it’s 7 badges and you still might not end up with professional results.
That's hilarious because I just ordered plasti dip from ebay last night :rofl: & glossifier to go with it. You're right it's tedious & I don't want to screw it up lol. I just got off the phone with my guy & he said they can do the whole process. He said the separate lettering badge on the trunk will be near impossible to take off evenly because they're flimsy and hard to stick back on straight and evenly. He said he'll order me a new black one & stick it on there. He warned me painting em all black will mute them but I told em that's exactly what I want muteness & no color other than black on my car lol. Droppin the car off Tuesday. Will post b4 & afters. I hate any kind of chrome on my car

I’ve seen people remove the “DODGE” on the back and I think it looks way better debadged. Especially since you want the blackout look
It does look good debadged but I still want the badge on back there, just in all black. I think white cars look better debadged compared to black cars & most other popular colors

That's hilarious because I just ordered plasti dip from ebay last night :rofl: & glossifier to go with it. You're right it's tedious & I don't want to screw it up lol. I just got off the phone with my guy & he said they can do the whole process. He said the separate lettering badge on the trunk will be near impossible to take off evenly because they're flimsy and hard to stick back on straight and evenly. He said he'll order me a new black one & stick it on there. He warned me painting em all black will mute them but I told em that's exactly what I want muteness & no color other than black on my car lol. Droppin the car off Tuesday. Will post b4 & afters. I hate any kind of chrome on my car
Yeah if they sell the badges blacked out already I’d say order them and install them yourself. I kind of like the yellow scatpack badges though :frown:

Yeah if they sell the badges blacked out already I’d say order them and install them yourself. I kind of like the yellow scatpack badges though :frown:
Thing is I prefer my factory badges to be blacked over ordering ones that are blacked out. Whatever I've gotten blacked out on the car is stuff the car left with from factory minus the center wheel caps and gorilla wheel locks/exhaust tips...these were all replaced & I don't want to order ones that come black because it'll cost more to order new ones assuming they're all OEM spec + I'd rather let my boys shop handle the wet sanding and waxing that may be required then attempting to do it myself. Only 2 badges come blacked out that I have seen for sale on ebay & are OEM and those are the R/T and 392 HEMI badges. If I can just get my stock badges painted black & put back on the car in the exact same spot I'll be more than happy.

0lmao that looks so weird, but itts all about the MPG's

the car is so funny man, my dirt bike costs more and makes more power than da insight :lol:
I just found out it's got 67/66 hp/tq from what you posted lol that's adorable. I would guess at least like 100-130? But damn it must be very fuel efficient. The skirt has grown on me although I don't see your model year ones around my way much + from the year 2000 to now the hybrid category of vehicles has multiplied and exploded with soo many diff ones to choose from. Lololol no way the dirtbike is more costly? That's crazy. Have you ever researched the world's first electric car? Think it's called GM EV-1...thing was super ahead of it's time & dealerships ended leases early because they didn't want the concept of an electric vehicle to gain traction in the mainstream public. On google images you can see theirs abandoned ones in a few spread out locations nationwide & they fetch some serious bank nowadays

https://www.google.com/search?q=ABA...mg&ei=FOwIX5LpJe-z_Ab5qKugBQ&***=789&biw=1600 Insight stole it's skirt

Oh & do share your oil change story lol, I'm interested

Okey doke, since you asked, the most craziest oil change request. I'm NOT in service, but sales. At a Ford dealer. This is early 2010-ish timeframe. It's around 9 am and what do I see pull in? A 2005 Midnight Blue Ford GT!!! COOL!!!! I walk out to see it. It's my dream car still to this day. I then walk back into the showroom and a moment or two later it leaves. I go back to ask the service manager what was up with it.

Here is where it's crazy. Come to find out the lady who drove it in, came by, at 9 am (not when we 1st opened at 8 am) with NO appointment, and wanted an oil change and wanted it done in about 40 minutes right then!! SERIOUSLY!!! For those who don't know, it takes a good 5-10 minutes to get the GT safely in the bay and up high enough for the lift arms to get underneath properly (we have to get the long wooden planks we keep to drive up on to get the clearance for the lift arms to fit under.

Then, once it's up, the entire underside is paneled! You have to remove the one panel to access the oil drain from the external oil tank (the GT is a dry-sump system). That takes time to get the panel off as there are LOTS of screws. Then draining it, filter change and refill. Then reverse the steps.

Needless to say it is NOT a 40 minute job. You take your time on this car as it's a special car and owners don't mind the time it takes. We had one in our showroom at the time and we are very familiar with servicing. She was just clueless to it (it was her husband's car. She brought it in for him but she had a busy day, hence the short window). They told her not today. Schedule it and drop it off and it would be done properly. She wasn't happy at all when she left. Oh well.

Some people are clueless when it comes to servicing a vehicle and what come with it in terms of time and effort. I'll never forget it.

Back
Top Bottom