\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

While we're on the Porsche topic, here's my new Alcantara steering wheel. And a few photos of mine and my bros car getting washed yesterday.

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0280.jpeg

what is the prefered online forum for Porsche owners/enthusiasts?

Rennlist for me.

Whoever owns the Targa is the smarter brother 😂😂 jk

Targa is mine, I got it back in August (shipped from FL to CA). Private seller, very motivated to sell due to COVID affecting his ability to make payments. Had the car inspected and sold to me through a Porsche dealership in FL, pretty painless process overall but not as easy as buying locally of course.

My bros car is a highly optioned 142k Carrera 4S, has some options i'm missing like rear axle steering. I wish I had it very badly, makes a huge difference.

Attended a local Toys for Tots run this past Saturday, in Denver, Pa. Just outside Lancaster area. Met a lot of nice car owners and the kids there were so thrilled with all the toys the car owners dropped off. When we arrived, the guy running it didn't see us pull in. Once I asked him if he wanted her car up front, he said definitely. Then once we pulled it up, our other friend pulled his Huracan Spyder up as well and then everyone started taking pics.

PXL_20201205_171028264.jpg
PXL_20201205_171321656.jpg

5 Lamborghinis in of all places, Denver Pa! Who would have thought, lol. The yellow Gallardo Spyder is a Performante, which is what they called the convertible version of the then Superleggera. Fun day but EXTREMELY cold!!

Last edited:

Interesting so I found something very disturbing, Toyota had that Supra model around all that time and still didn't realize it was BULL****, or they really bringing everyone back for the next F&F. It has hashtag TokyoDrift so 'm leaning towards the first statement. Also "Shad Moss" hasn't updated his IMDB.

While we're on the Porsche topic, here's my new Alcantara steering wheel. And a few photos of mine and my bros car getting washed yesterday.

IMG_0087.jpeg
What is the practicality of an alcantara steering wheel, I was interested in getting one. However I hear the moisture from your hands or really anything on your hands get absorbed into the steering wheel and ruin them. I thought going the glove route, but instantly makes me think of guys in the 40's with the driving gloves, convertible, with the scarf blowing in the wind. :rofl:
1473260457-leather-driving-gloves.jpg

While looking for a pic for an example did find some decent looking gloves to drive in.

Interesting so I found something very disturbing, Toyota had that Supra model around all that time and still didn't realize it was BULL****, or they really bringing everyone back for the next F&F. It has hashtag TokyoDrift so 'm leaning towards the first statement. Also "Shad Moss" hasn't updated his IMDB.

That Jaguar Project 8 is AWESOME!!! 600hp in a midsize car with AWD, full carbon lower body pieces, full carbon hood, huge brakes, wheels and killer suspension! Oh and that crazy F-Type exhaust!! And don't forget that big *** wing! Heck this car is totally a different body vs the standard XE. It only shares a few panels. Saw one at the local Jag/LR dealer and it's a sight. So was the price. $188K but only 300 were built for the world so it's gonna be rare to see. Loved it when it was on Grand Tour.

Last edited:
GT4 is a lot of car for $55k. A little gutless, but very well balanced.
I'm not a porsche expert by no means but I feel like a car such as a gt4 would be a very fun daily driver as you can get into it on public roads without gettting in too much trouble or danger as u would with the big daddy porsches. yeah the big numbers are cool but being able to use those numbers is a factor alotta people forget.

Im also a huge fan of the looks

1607540016849.png
1607540179660.png

All this P car talk reminded me of this video I cam across a week or so ago. Its kinda interesting, dude has some balls for doing it.

The guy bought the right salvage car from the right body shop. Plus having every receipt for the repairs basically gives it a green light for being repaired properly and not having anything done half-assed. For that $$, he got a HELL of a deal! Love the GT4.

The guy bought the right salvage car from the right body shop. Plus having every receipt for the repairs basically gives it a green light for being repaired properly and not having anything done half-assed. For that $$, he got a HELL of a deal! Love the GT4.
exactly, i would never buy a salvage car from someone else, but i would buy it from the auction to ensure all repairs were done correctly.

exactly, i would never buy a salvage car from someone else, but i would buy it from the auction to ensure all repairs were done correctly.
The auction is a roll of the dice when you buy any car. There are no guarantees or returns unless they made an error with paperwork ( title issues). If you buy private party you can at least contact the seller and have a chance to work something out.

What is the practicality of an alcantara steering wheel, I was interested in getting one. However I hear the moisture from your hands or really anything on your hands get absorbed into the steering wheel and ruin them. I thought going the glove route, but instantly makes me think of guys in the 40's with the driving gloves, convertible, with the scarf blowing in the wind. :rofl:
1473260457-leather-driving-gloves.jpg

While looking for a pic for an example did find some decent looking gloves to drive in.
Nardi makes nice steering wheels thats like that one

would be nice to have if it matches the rest of the interior

Back
Top Bottom