\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

anyone ever have signature forged wheels before?

I have spoken to the owner in passing, IIRC the wheels are made in China or Taiwan or something .

not that they’re bad or anything, I prob wouldn’t recommend them for track use, i would advise that you buy them at half price of what HREs cost.

What is the practicality of an alcantara steering wheel, I was interested in getting one. However I hear the moisture from your hands or really anything on your hands get absorbed into the steering wheel and ruin them. I thought going the glove route, but instantly makes me think of guys in the 40's with the driving gloves, convertible, with the scarf blowing in the wind. :rofl:
1473260457-leather-driving-gloves.jpg

While looking for a pic for an example did find some decent looking gloves to drive in.

my alcantara shift knob is from my last 911 and it’s starting to exhibit some of those characteristics. So yes, all of that is true. If Practicality is a concern I would shy away from it. I personally would reupholster it if it ever bothered me. But let’s be real, nothings worse than those disgusting super glossy leather steering wheels after years and years of bodily fluid.

What is the practicality of an alcantara steering wheel, I was interested in getting one. However I hear the moisture from your hands or really anything on your hands get absorbed into the steering wheel and ruin them. I thought going the glove route, but instantly makes me think of guys in the 40's with the driving gloves, convertible, with the scarf blowing in the wind. :rofl:
1473260457-leather-driving-gloves.jpg

While looking for a pic for an example did find some decent looking gloves to drive in.

You can easily clean an alcantara steering wheel. There are some actual cleaners but what I used on my Mustang steering wheel (it's a 2010 GT500 leather/alcantara combo one) and on the Gallardo (which is a full alcantara wheel) is just warm water with a few drops of laundry detergent mixed. Just a clean microfiber towel and some elbow grease and it cleaned it very well and got it feeling pretty soft again. Not brand new but much better than prior. 👍

Pics of the GT?
You can easily clean an alcantara steering wheel. There are some actual cleaners but what I used on my Mustang steering wheel (it's a 2010 GT500 leather/alcantara combo one) and on the Gallardo (which is a full alcantara wheel) is just warm water with a few drops of laundry detergent mixed. Just a clean microfiber towel and some elbow grease and it cleaned it very well and got it feeling pretty soft again. Not brand new but much better than prior. 👍

Thank you I was concerned with that, when I had alcantara in my Audi I allowed no drinking not even water. You get thirst swallow. LOL. Yeah pics of either please.

Pics of the GT?

Of the Mustang? Sure. Here's a few from a Cars & Coffee back in late October. Decided to take my car for the 1st time (instead of the SVR and the Gallardo wasn't here yet)

PXL_20201024_144437023.jpg
PXL_20201024_144408120.jpg

It isn't up to the level of cars my wife owns, or some of the amazing cars posted in here by others, but it's mine, I sold it to myself and put the order in the Ford system myself. LeMans Stripes are painted on while side stripes are decals. It's a hodgepodge of different parts to make what I would have thought a 2006 GT350 would have looked like had they did one (visually). It does have longtubes and no cats with Borla Stingers out the back, so it does sound good. And it's dyno tuned, so it's got an additional 50 hp. It's 350hp/375tq to the crank. And it's my favorite color. It runs good.

Thank you I was concerned with that, when I had alcantara in my Audi I allowed no drinking not even water. You get thirst swallow. LOL. Yeah pics of either please.

I had posted a few pics of the 5 Lamborghinis at a toy run, but here is one in front of the George Washington Cathedral in Valley Forge Park, which is 10 minutes from. My house. And a pic with a friend's of ours' new F355 Spider.

PXL_20201128_192143835.jpg
PXL_20201128_192119281.jpg
PXL_20201128_192215400.jpg

I almost forgot, If you go the water and detergent route, go very sparingly with water. Too much and it will take a while to dry. Just enough to help the water/soap mixture remove the dirt. 👍

Very clean car bud. Black does look good when it's all cleaned up. And I always liked those wheels on the GT. Never did order any on GTs at my store. I ordered all Mustangs and every GT was either a 400a or 401a pk and I always had 19" or 20" wheels on then as the higher archery wanted the cars loaded.

Are those 6 piston brake calipers? Brembos?
I heard they are but they don’t “market it “that way because they wanted to sell performance package
probably better question for 05fordgt 05fordgt

Thanks for the tag buddy. Not sure if you posted it, but what year is your GT? I ask as for 2018, they went with larger rotors and 4-piston fixed calipers to fill out the standard 18" wheels. For Brembos, one has to get either the GT Performance Package or GTPP Level 2. Both gives the 6-piston calipers and even larger rotors to fill in the space for the 19" wheels. Level 2 also gives you 305 Michelin PSC2 tires. 👍

It’s a stock 18
Appreciate the response OG
Thanks for the tag buddy. Not sure if you posted it, but what year is your GT? I ask as for 2018, they went with larger rotors and 4-piston fixed calipers to fill out the standard 18" wheels. For Brembos, one has to get either the GT Performance Package or GTPP Level 2. Both gives the 6-piston calipers and even larger rotors to fill in the space for the 19" wheels. Level 2 also gives you 305 Michelin PSC2 tires. 👍

That's interesting. Never seen that before. Where you live- that's legal? The no plate thing? Cops bother you for not having physical plates?

I always wondered what that barcode was for. Basically shows the police the driver registration information? Very Steve Jobs (as he never drove with a plate).

My wife's plate on the back of the SVR!!

PXL_20200926_223842659.jpg

For those who may be confused, lol, it's a Pennsylvania version custom european license plate. While the plate is NOT legal, the number on it IS her actual PA plate number. So when it would be scanned by police, her info will come up. We actually had this tested indirectly back in October. We were on our way to the weekly Saturday Cars & Coffee up the road from us. We go our normal route, over a covered bridge.

Well, when you pass the parking lot next to the bridge (there are trails to walk, hence the lot) there is the local police station. And an officer was waiting for us to go past so he could pull out behind us. We looked at each other (she was driving) and we said, "let's see what happens, can't change anything now, lol"

He was right on us at the light, and was easily less than 2 car lengths back, so he had to see it. But after about 3 miles, he turned off. Didn't stop us! We figured his computer ran the plate, it came back to a Jaguar and he was okay with it. So it passed. A few weeks back, another copy from a different township (the area where Bam Margera lived and filmed his show) was right next to us and again...nothing. So we keep it on with the actual plate in the glovebox.

Everyone loves the plate. It's unique and gets tons of looks, pictures and questions on where she got it (it came from CustomEuropeanplates.com) Plus it just goes with the car. Makes the already wide rear look wider. And it just makes the Jaguar look more british, lol. And now, we see a few more popping up on certain cars (she got the idea from a Huracan Performante owner who had one we saw back in April). Pennsylvania could make a fortune by offering this to car owners for a fee. Charge $100 and they would make a killing.

I always wondered what that barcode was for. Basically shows the police the driver registration information? Very Steve Jobs (as he never drove with a plate).

PXL_20200926_223842659.jpg

For those who may be confused, lol, it's a Pennsylvania version custom european license plate. While the plate is NOT legal, the number on it IS her actual PA plate number. So when it would be scanned by police, her info will come up. We actually had this tested indirectly back in October. We were on our way to the weekly Saturday Cars & Coffee up the road from us. We go our normal route, over a covered bridge.

Well, when you pass the parking lot next to the bridge (there are trails to walk, hence the lot) there is the local police station. And an officer was waiting for us to go past so he could pull out behind us. We looked at each other (she was driving) and we said, "let's see what happens, can't change anything now, lol"

He was right on us at the light, and was easily less than 2 car lengths back, so he had to see it. But after about 3 miles, he turned off. Didn't stop us! We figured his computer ran the plate, it came back to a Jaguar and he was okay with it. So it passed. A few weeks back, another copy from a different township (the area where Bam Margera lived and filmed his show) was right next to us and again...nothing. So we keep it on with the actual plate in the glovebox.

Everyone loves the plate. It's unique and gets tons of looks, pictures and questions on where she got it. Plus it just goes with the car. Makes the already wide rear look wider. And it just makes the Jaguar look more british, lol. And now, we see a few more popping up on certain cars. Pennsylvania could make a fortune by offering this to car owners for a fee. Charge $100 and they would make a killing.
You were in westtown ? I lived up the street from bam growing up. :lol: It’s only a matter of time before I see one of your wife’s cars in the wild :lol:

SVR is absolutely gorgeous. I like everything about it.

Back
Top Bottom