\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What is the best site to order old car parts..need a couple things for a 64 Malibu ss
Eckler's, National Parts Depot, OPGI (expensive but accurate resto parts they will also send you free glossy catalog).

Honestly I use Rockauto for anything like spark plugs, window regulators, belts, etc a lot of stuff dirt cheap.

Detroit speed makes awesome suspension stuff for A bodies.

they actually pull pretty good for a big suv

not like a diesel but still pretty good

Same homie has an M5 and drove his other friends G63, said that thing moovvvveeessss so I dont doubt it. His M5 is fast af too, its a Comp and I took it for a spin once, stock exhaust quieter than I thought, cant really hear the crackling unless you roll the windows down, stock everything cept its lowered.

Got some better pictures. I barely had it home before dropping it off to get PPF, exoshield, tint, and opticoat done. Getting it back this weekend. Still can't believe I bought this thing, mid-life crisis achieved.

I'm going to try to keep the miles low though and keep driving my wife's Odyssey around as a daily driver while the kids are virtual learning :lol:.

Dealer told me if I keep it under 10,000 miles, I can basically get MSRP back on trade-in for a 2022. They recently sold a 2020 G63 with 5,000 miles for $35,000 over sticker price.

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6650.JPG

Nice G-Wagon! Bought or leased? Why do they hold their value so well compared to other luxury SUV’s?

I have a Tahoe and wife has an X5, but want to grab one of these next time we purchase a new vehicle. Best of both worlds - rugged/luxury.

niceshoes247 niceshoes247 : All good, thanks!

Nice G-Wagon! Bought or leased? Why do they hold their value so well compared to other luxury SUV’s?

I have a Tahoe and wife has an X5, but want to grab one of these next time we purchase a new vehicle. Best of both worlds - rugged/luxury.

Thanks! Purchased - found a credit union (American 1 CU) in Michigan that would let me join out of state - 1.59% over 72 months.

In general Gwagens hold their value compared to other similar vehicles (Range Rovers, etc), similar to how 911s and Wranglers hold their value. The new generation G63 in particular do well because it's relatively limited production for a Mercedes and there's usually a long wait for one, so people with more money than patience often pay $20-50k over sticker to get one today versus having to wait over a year, even for lightly used ones. I'm lucky that I was able to get one after about a 5 month wait.

For those non ev guys, no doubt some people will still have gas cars. But EVs are about to hit something crazy and phase out gas cars - at least for people who need to save money where they can. This vid changed my perspective on how fast it is happening

I’m all for EV but how is it going to work in the big cities? I cant throw an extension cord out my apartment window. I already pay to garage the hellcat, Im not paying to garage my daily so it can charge.
Also lets say they have charging stations, what stops a scumbag from unplugging the car or breaking the plug?
If I had a house, my daily would be an EV but its not practical for me right now.

For those non ev guys, no doubt some people will still have gas cars. But EVs are about to hit something crazy and phase out gas cars - at least for people who need to save money where they can. This vid changed my perspective on how fast it is happening

This isnt happening anytime soon :lol: . Like literally not in our lifetimes. By the time they hit something "crazy" all the dudes in here will be long gone and our kids-kids will be the ones with what your saying. Thats when gas stations will be changed to EV charge stations etc.

listen either way...fossil fuels ain't running out no time soon, just give me my gas and let me go :lol:

Speaking of evs, thinking about an etron or model y to replace the macan. Any opinions?

The Etron is borderline useless compared to the Y. Much lower range and if you wanted self drive you already know. Only good things about it is that the fit, finish and quality downright embarrasses the Y and Electrify is gaining more charging stations.

Id just the Y to be honest.

The 200ish mile range doesn’t bother me too much. It would be used 90% of the time for commuting and I have the ability to charge everyday at work. I’d opt out of self drive anyway. I wouldn’t trust it for my wife. I know she would never use it. My biggest concerns are safety and tech.

I’m all for EV but how is it going to work in the big cities? I cant throw an extension cord out my apartment window. I already pay to garage the hellcat, Im not paying to garage my daily so it can charge.
Also lets say they have charging stations, what stops a scumbag from unplugging the car or breaking the plug?
If I had a house, my daily would be an EV but its not practical for me right now.
For cities it might become like the whole electric scooter situation where u dont own a car u just pay per mile u drive then park it. I feel that might be the future

niceshoes247 niceshoes247 : All good, thanks!

Thanks! Purchased - found a credit union (American 1 CU) in Michigan that would let me join out of state - 1.59% over 72 months.

In general Gwagens hold their value compared to other similar vehicles (Range Rovers, etc), similar to how 911s and Wranglers hold their value. The new generation G63 in particular do well because it's relatively limited production for a Mercedes and there's usually a long wait for one, so people with more money than patience often pay $20-50k over sticker to get one today versus having to wait over a year, even for lightly used ones. I'm lucky that I was able to get one after about a 5 month wait.

How long is the wait on one?

Back
Top Bottom