\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

With the holiday this weekend, there is a very unique car show near New Hope Pa called Rebels & Redcoats. It's an American/British/German/French car show. All years are welcome but cars 1997 and older are leer judged. Newer stuff is done by the panel of the show committee. So I took her Lotus to the show as I had a small incident with my Mustang backing it up a few weeks ago (futzed up the bumper a tiny bit and cracked the paint and deformed the edge).

So I took her car and went with my friends and their cars (the last 3 pics. The Z06, E39 M5 Wagon build, M3, vintage Rolls and the Evora GT) that could enter. Here are a few pics of what was there and a few from my friends IG page. So many people walking around so it was hard to get decent shots as the cars were packed in.
PXL_20220703_182553493.jpg
PXL_20220703_182643781.jpg
PXL_20220703_175035130.jpg
PXL_20220703_182613599.jpg
PXL_20220703_185442947.jpg
PXL_20220703_160222458.jpg
Screenshot_20220704-011356.png
Screenshot_20220704-011315.png
Screenshot_20220704-011530.png
Screenshot_20220704-011348.png

There was a LOT of unique and really cool stuff. If it wasn't so stinking hot, I'd have take much more shots. The Land Rover next to vintage Lotus had an LS swap and was STUNNING! Javelin is so cool and rare. And yes, that yellow car is an Ultima GTR Kit car and its WICKED!! An overall blast of a day. So many people had NO CLUE what my wife's car actually was. 🤷 Like they never heard of it, lol. But a super fun day and a great drive out and back (more on that momentarily). 👍

zmaqbool zmaqbool The Esprit is iconic, it was even a Bond car. Underwater :pimp:

They are pretty reasonably priced even now and there have been a lot of variations over the decades, but IMO the shape has always looked great. Like a little more sophisticated Lambo...Like a lot of British cars of the era they can be a bit quirky, but IMO you can't really go wrong with a Lotus.

170217-lotus-esprit-james-bond-spy-who-loved-me.jpeg

THIS right here is just a beautiful car and a stunning design by Giugiaro. Such a shape. While still reasonable inexpensive, they are trending up rather quickly. The early cars are very tiny but the later cars are bigger with more room. The last V8 Twin cars are now getting close to 6-figures (when they were routinely $20-30K cars. Still a great value overall. Just gotta find someone who KNOWS them well to keep them up. The local guy who services her Gallardo, is VERY well known for Lotus and he told her, even if you find a good Esprit, figure your going to add $5K to make it right. I'd still LOVE an S4S or a Euro only Sport 300. 🔥🔥

With the holiday this weekend, there is a very unique car show near New Hope Pa called Rebels & Redcoats. It's an American/British/German/French car show. All years are welcome but cars 1997 and older are leer judged. Newer stuff is done by the panel of the show committee. So I took her Lotus to the show as I had a small incident with my Mustang backing it up a few weeks ago (futzed up the bumper a tiny bit and cracked the paint and deformed the edge).

So I took her car and went with my friends and their cars (the last 3 pics. The Z06, E39 M5 Wagon build, M3, vintage Rolls and the Evora GT) that could enter. Here are a few pics of what was there and a few from my friends IG page. So many people walking around so it was hard to get decent shots as the cars were packed in.
PXL_20220703_182553493.jpg

There was a LOT of unique and really cool stuff. If it wasn't so stinking hot, I'd have take much more shots. The Land Rover next to vintage Lotus had an LS swap and was STUNNING! Javelin is so cool and rare. And yes, that yellow car is an Ultima GTR Kit car and its WICKED!! An overall blast of a day. So many people had NO CLUE what my wife's car actually was. 🤷 Like they never heard of it, lol. But a super fun day and a great drive out and back (more on that momentarily). 👍
Did you get any shots of that catalina/ parisienne in the back by chance? Car has a special place in my heart. My Uncle’s project car was a 66 Catalina, many childhood weekends were spent helping (watching) fix that thing up.

Any Porsche Taycan owners in here?moreso 4S and up. Looking into that as my new vehicle. What are some of the positives and negatives.

Thanks for all your help again wear rare airs wear rare airs
My Taycan came in in December. Great car that I have enjoyed driving. I wanted something fun and a little different that could still fit my two kids in the back. What questions do you have?

I like these older BMW's, this a 3 series? Moreso, I really like this blue BMW makes & Acura's shade of this blue is also 🔥
20220705_134046.jpg

Yup that is an E92 335iS. That is what BMW introduced in the mid 2000s after the E46.

335 is the one with the twin turbo straight six engine. It's a lot of fun and a solid car. Easiest way you can tell that it's a 335 and not a 328 or something under is that the 335 had the dual exhaust, one tip on each side. The other variants I think were 2 tips on the left side. And then the M3 is quad exhaust, 2 on each side.

Color is probably Deep Sea Blue Metallic, but not 100% sure.

IMO those E92 are the last BMW 3 series I'd consider owning. They were great cars.

So when I got back from that car show Sunday, I ran inside to use the bathroom and cool off (it was a bit hot Sunday around my way). Also let the car cool off as mid-engined cars retain heat way more (had the glass engine cover popped) About 10 minutes later, I went back out and got my cooler out of the car (it was on the passenger side floor). When I got it out, I saw this on the floor.

PXL_20220703_222536904.jpg

It's an aftermarket rev-matching device that must be plugged into the pedal and I guess something in the shifter. It seems like it was velcroed up under the dash and it must have fell down when the cooler nudged it. Didn't know it was there. It was turned off but it was very surprising someone put this in. Haven't tried it yet as I know how to rev-match, as I was doing it on the way out and back as it sounds SO GOOD reving the tach a bit. But I'll have to give it a try. I know the feature in the new Mustang GTs works very well. Just something I totally didn't expect to find in this. 🤔

F0F5C387-97F0-4A68-B798-1A2CBBFDDD1A.jpeg

Watch out for this flashy car folks! :lol:

Does look nice in this side profile though. Other angles I beg to differ. My old gym buddy had one of these so I got to really check it out.... I told him he shoudve kept his IS, meh.
I'd be very "intimidated" if that car were to pull up behind me 🤥

Yup that is an E92 335iS. That is what BMW introduced in the mid 2000s after the E46.

335 is the one with the twin turbo straight six engine. It's a lot of fun and a solid car. Easiest way you can tell that it's a 335 and not a 328 or something under is that the 335 had the dual exhaust, one tip on each side. The other variants I think were 2 tips on the left side. And then the M3 is quad exhaust, 2 on each side.

Color is probably Deep Sea Blue Metallic, but not 100% sure.

IMO those E92 are the last BMW 3 series I'd consider owning. They were great cars.
I was waiting for & knew you were going to hit me with a nice & informative response as always especially BMW related 👍. The twin turbos were reliable on these? Up to the older 6 series I can corrrectly recognize the model but then when it gets to i4 this ixdrive that mcomp this than I get lost, lol.

My cousin used to own a manual m3 droptop 2003 in red...made for a fun drive & that thing pulled hard! He also said after 08' he wouldn't mess with the 3 series. If I were to get a BMW of any kind it'd have to be the X6M. Thing is just gorgeous & screams performance.

I'm slowly starting to gravitate more & more towards SUVs & trucks, ngl. Driving my dads CR-V made me realize why so many people say they can't do cars anymore after getting into an SUV.
Screenshot_20220705-224359_Chrome.jpg

Its the last 2jz 335i BMW made before switching to the N55.

I had a girl in college who had one of these, white with the red guts and that thing was a POS on the inside.
BMW's had 2JZ motors? Thought that was the JDM scene. My other cousin had a white with red guts 3 series something droptop & it was nice. What makes you say it was a POS on the inside- materials used or basic layout?

There's a joke in there about a boat being at sea. I'll let someone funnier tell it.

On another note, why do people keep trying to tow cars the way that first truck tried to? So dumb.
They think an instant hard tug on the rope will force the weight of the tow to move w/o realizing that you never should move dead weight like that. Gotta ease into the throttle & air down the tires so the vehicle doing the tow doesn't sink or worse. And I guess most people driving trucks really don't know how to properly use the truck aspect of it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom