\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

What do yall do or dont do to try and avoid door dings?

I try to park as far away from other cars as possible and park next to a wall or the end of the row so that no one parks to at least one side of the vehicle. Other than that, there really isn't anything you can do. Some of the old american cars (especially the coupes) has long and heavy doors and it seems like the owners kick their door open when they go out. You just really have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Only park next to cars more expensive than your own. Look for cars with damage and avoid them. It's easier to be careless about dinging your own door if it needs repairs anyways. And if you can, just park in the back/top level. Walking is good for you and you'll have peace of mind knowing it's safe. Park next to well lit areas. 
I park next to my buddy's BMW at work and we both back in with his driver side next to a wall, and a modded S2000 parks next to me. Never met the driver, but it's a mutual understanding. I know who parks next to me, and I know no one else can. I drive an '09 Mustang GT with a few small goodies, but I'm anal about my car. That's why I park on the 3rd floor when there's ALWAYS a few spaces on the second floor.

The key is to ALWAYS park next to a car more expensive/nicer/rarer than your own, and always park legally. If you park somewhere you shouldn't and something happens to your car, you're *%$*$@. Plain and simple.

EDIT:

clIm6.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

I try to park as far away from other cars as possible and park next to a wall or the end of the row so that no one parks to at least one side of the vehicle. Other than that, there really isn't anything you can do. Some of the old american cars (especially the coupes) has long and heavy doors and it seems like the owners kick their door open when they go out. You just really have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Only park next to cars more expensive than your own. Look for cars with damage and avoid them. It's easier to be careless about dinging your own door if it needs repairs anyways. And if you can, just park in the back/top level. Walking is good for you and you'll have peace of mind knowing it's safe. Park next to well lit areas. 
I park next to my buddy's BMW at work and we both back in with his driver side next to a wall, and a modded S2000 parks next to me. Never met the driver, but it's a mutual understanding. I know who parks next to me, and I know no one else can. I drive an '09 Mustang GT with a few small goodies, but I'm anal about my car. That's why I park on the 3rd floor when there's ALWAYS a few spaces on the second floor.

The key is to ALWAYS park next to a car more expensive/nicer/rarer than your own, and always park legally. If you park somewhere you shouldn't and something happens to your car, you're *%$*$@. Plain and simple.

EDIT:

clIm6.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by djuzi05

How do you like driving the X5? I want a new SUV but midsize. Hows the gas mileage?
G wagon has been my dream car for a while.

I believe it's the best midsize SUV on the market. I got the Sport Activity with the 20" wheels and 315 tires and Cinnamon Brown leather. Gives it a nice, unique look. It handles great for an SUV, steering is very responsive. And you can't complain about their award-winning turbo V6. Just enough power while being awesome on gas, everyone in my family takes my car on long drives since it's the only V6 in the house
laugh.gif

58911_10100326303556930_7935706_64713171_5110494_n.jpg

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by djuzi05

How do you like driving the X5? I want a new SUV but midsize. Hows the gas mileage?
G wagon has been my dream car for a while.

I believe it's the best midsize SUV on the market. I got the Sport Activity with the 20" wheels and 315 tires and Cinnamon Brown leather. Gives it a nice, unique look. It handles great for an SUV, steering is very responsive. And you can't complain about their award-winning turbo V6. Just enough power while being awesome on gas, everyone in my family takes my car on long drives since it's the only V6 in the house
laugh.gif

58911_10100326303556930_7935706_64713171_5110494_n.jpg

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

No, keeping them stock. I love the titanium RS5 style wheels.

Ahh, just want to make em more flush then. Can't wait to see pics. 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

No, keeping them stock. I love the titanium RS5 style wheels.

Ahh, just want to make em more flush then. Can't wait to see pics. 

Going to detail my car following this handbook:
http://home.comcast.net/~.../Detailing_Hand_Book.pdf

Good idea to? 

Nothing special about that process really, just basic car washing guide. What the guide missed to say is to wash from top to bottom. The bottom part is usually the dirtiest and you don't want to drag those dirt up tot eh car. I would also add using a quick detailer as you dry or afterwards. It should provide some protection while making sure it eliminates the water spots that have dried from that last rinse. It also helps in preventing swirl marks as you dry. I hate the blot-drying technique, it takes forever. I use a water blade to hurry the process of drying up, if you go that route, make sure you use a good quality one like Original California Dusters water blades.

Going to detail my car following this handbook:
http://home.comcast.net/~.../Detailing_Hand_Book.pdf

Good idea to? 

Nothing special about that process really, just basic car washing guide. What the guide missed to say is to wash from top to bottom. The bottom part is usually the dirtiest and you don't want to drag those dirt up tot eh car. I would also add using a quick detailer as you dry or afterwards. It should provide some protection while making sure it eliminates the water spots that have dried from that last rinse. It also helps in preventing swirl marks as you dry. I hate the blot-drying technique, it takes forever. I use a water blade to hurry the process of drying up, if you go that route, make sure you use a good quality one like Original California Dusters water blades.

I have a couple of chips and scratches on my passenger side window. It's really weird. The glass isn't cracked, just a couple of little pieces came off the glass.

Anybody have any advice on how to fix it? Any companies you can recommend to fix it?

I have a couple of chips and scratches on my passenger side window. It's really weird. The glass isn't cracked, just a couple of little pieces came off the glass.

Anybody have any advice on how to fix it? Any companies you can recommend to fix it?

Originally Posted by MrPolow23

Originally Posted by EthicsD

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

smokin.gif

Nice to see some more Subarus on here. Here are a few more of mine:
Mario

I <3 Subaruuuuuuuuuuuu.

would you guys ever consider Dropping it ?

NO.  I've seen outbacks dropped and they look really nice.  Kills the practicality though.  I bought my outback for winter awd and light off roading.  Plus sitting up high in a car is awesome.  First I've ever owned where I step 'out' instead of stepping 'up' when exiting.  I'm actually half considering a 1" lift lol.

Originally Posted by MrPolow23

Originally Posted by EthicsD

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

smokin.gif

Nice to see some more Subarus on here. Here are a few more of mine:
Mario

I <3 Subaruuuuuuuuuuuu.

would you guys ever consider Dropping it ?

NO.  I've seen outbacks dropped and they look really nice.  Kills the practicality though.  I bought my outback for winter awd and light off roading.  Plus sitting up high in a car is awesome.  First I've ever owned where I step 'out' instead of stepping 'up' when exiting.  I'm actually half considering a 1" lift lol.

You can park far away or get door moldings......Neither work that well though.....My srt came with moldings on the door from factory, they look ugly but I always see chips on it so its kind of working, I'm

thinking either a truck or a suv door hit my car because there is a huge dent right above the molding
mad.gif
. If you park far someone will almost always still park next to you, happens to me all the time. Maybe I

just have horrible luck.

You can park far away or get door moldings......Neither work that well though.....My srt came with moldings on the door from factory, they look ugly but I always see chips on it so its kind of working, I'm

thinking either a truck or a suv door hit my car because there is a huge dent right above the molding
mad.gif
. If you park far someone will almost always still park next to you, happens to me all the time. Maybe I

just have horrible luck.

Back
Top Bottom