\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Jaehow

Dako, I definitely can't pass. But I'm about to register my car in a county that doesn't require smog
wink.gif

Hello longtubes and forced induction!
Please tell me it's Alameda county...

Car sounds really nice btw....I always thought the 4.6 was the best sounding V8 next to the LS1 in terms of that American muscle sound. The new 50s and Camaros sound like crap
Agreed. I love my 09 4.6L. I'm still a little astonished by how lame the 5.0s sound. Impressive motor all around, but sounds like crap.
Jaehow— What FI were you thinking about?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Originally Posted by vandalshark

why?

Black is the hardest color to keep clean. It gets dirty so quick. It shows dust, it shows any dirt, it also if it isn't washed right shows all different kinds of spots. It's a pain in the !+@.

And swirls marks are impossible to keep away. Look at it crooked and swirl marks are created, black is simply the most annoying color to maintain. It looks the best when newly washed but that look usually last about one drive before it looks like it could use another wash again. 
All of this is true 
ohwell.gif
. I def should've listened to everybody before I got my TL. I had a white Accord before and thought that was the worst color to have but black sure does look a lot more dirtier than other colors when it's covered in dust/dirt/etc. 
I'm thinking silver is the way to go in the future if I get a new car later. 

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Black is the hardest color to keep clean. It gets dirty so quick. It shows dust, it shows any dirt, it also if it isn't washed right shows all different kinds of spots. It's a pain in the !+@.

And swirls marks are impossible to keep away. Look at it crooked and swirl marks are created, black is simply the most annoying color to maintain. It looks the best when newly washed but that look usually last about one drive before it looks like it could use another wash again. 
All of this is true 
ohwell.gif
. I def should've listened to everybody before I got my TL. I had a white Accord before and thought that was the worst color to have but black sure does look a lot more dirtier than other colors when it's covered in dust/dirt/etc. 
nothing looks better than a clean deep black shine.. 
pimp.gif
 but like RFX said, thats usally last 24- 48 hours.. but to help with that.. all you black car owners NEED the "California Duster" i love it.. helps alot.. espcially the next day after a car wash... its helps keep the car lookin fresh for another day or two... "California Duster" look into fellas... thank me later.. 
wink.gif

why?

All of this is true 
ohwell.gif

Silver and Tan are probably the easiest to keep clean but I think are also the most boring. Do people with black cars regret choosing that color? I was planning on getting my next car in either Black or Red.

My car got hit by a garbage truck. :smh:>: Rear driver side panel, wheel and back bumper are damaged, hopefully the rear axle is fine and the mechanical roof works properly still or else that'll be lots of $$$$ for repairs. Some are still estimating $5k-$7k worth damage already just for bodywork. >:

Crappy iphone pics.
2rpctpg.jpg

20fzxh5.jpg

I guess one of the benefits of a leased car is the value hit wouldn't affect me once I return the car in a repaired condition. If I were to sell this car later on, I'd definitely take a huge hit on the cars value.

don't know anything at all about jeeps so won't say anything about that, but it's got two good reviews and one terrible review here http://www.yelp.com/biz/1st-choice-auto-sales-fairfax . just be thorough when checking it out if you decide to go for it.

When i go test drive doi have the option to take it to a mechanic or do i have to ask the dealer to let me take it? Or do i have to bring one with me?

Ouch! Sorry to hear and see of your accident RFX45. I'd be pissed if I owned it but since you are returning it after your lease is over, no big deal. It's an inconvenience for you dealing with the repairs, hopefully they give you a nice loaner. Do not settle for anything less than a M3 haha. Good luck with the repairs.

sheesh...i had my old car hit by an ambulance when it was parked on the street in college...the police report had no date and it ended up getting me a lot of extra time on various exams the next couple of years :smile:. other than that, i never had a problem when driving my old car. since i've gotten my new car though, i've almost gotten hit at least 6 times in the past two months i've had it including 3 times in the past 2 weeks. it's getting to a point where i feel like i should just accept that i will inevitably get hit by someone so i won't be too devasted about it when it actually does happen.

Ouch! Sorry to hear and see of your accident RFX45. I'd be pissed if I owned it but since you are returning it after your lease is over, no big deal. It's an inconvenience for you dealing with the repairs, hopefully they give you a nice loaner. Do not settle for anything less than a M3 haha. Good luck with the repairs.

Thanks!

I'm pretty pissed off too but I'd be more pissed if I had to take that value hit. I still hope it only has minimal damage but who knows.

And what are the odds of getting an M5 as a loaner? :D

Back
Top Bottom