\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

was gonna post pics once i washed the car, but got lazy and didn't wash it...plus it's getting cold now. chose these wheels, because they were relatively cheap and resembled the c63 black series wheels. pretty much done messing with the car forever i hope. i've got some h&r springs that'll drop the car about .75 inches, but not sure if i want to even get them installed at this point. it would look a little better, but i've already got a front lip and i don't want it to become a pain worrying about it. i promise this'll be the last time i post pictures of this car (unless that picture that i have to submit to AMG by the end of the month for their calendar or whatever turns out really nice).

might start working on the e60 next or i might just be tired of working on cars for a little while. i hate the color that car is, but i don't think i want to go through all the trouble of wrapping it so i might just leave it as is. just got to decide if i want to keep the car or not, because it'd just be a waste if i end up selling it to my friend next year anyway.

Last edited:
Just picked this up last week & have already started with a few minor additions. After letting go of the E70, I realized that I still needed a larger vehicle so I started looking into a Wrangler, 4Runner, etc. Toyota stated a couple of months ago that 2014 would be the last year for the FJ Cruiser & knowing that this model covers such a small, niche market, I made a quick trip to my local dealer more so as an inquiry. After letting the salesman know that I would be willing to drive it off the lot that day provided the price was right, he quickly drew-up an offer & I left with it. As of now, I definitely prefer the Predator step/nerf bars over the OEM sliders. I'm still looking for a bull bar that isn't too ostentatious as well as a few aesthetic add-ons, but other than that, I'm completely content with the overall look. I just sold my rims from the F30 with the intent of ordering a new set, but I think I'll have fun with this one for awhile...

Here's a shot from earlier today after coming from my buddy's shop. I'm having a few interior pieces like the dashboard cluster redone so that the bezels over the temperature, compass & inclinometer gauges are body matched, but I might just buy brushed aluminum bezels if I don't like the finished product...

Nice.

What factors did you take into consideration when choosing this over the wrangler? I would love to own a Rubicon one day. But FJ Cruisers were always dope to me as well.

I kind of want to cop a Chevy or Ford, the space inside when I rent cars is amazing. I'm just scared to leave ol reliable Toyota

Ford makes some nice stuff. I don't know what size car you're in, but I'd take Ford over Chevy/Toyota in pretty much every model category. Only interesting Toyota is the FR-S. The guy at the Scion dealer tried to talk me into the tC when I decided the FR-S was too small, I laughed and said no thanks.

I have a 06 camry 60K on it right before they made them look like boxes :x I guess the equivalent would be a Ford Fusion or Impala right? Strange enough I like the Malibu more but reading about the engine fire isn't making me feel too good

Funny how people @#$% on American cars when these supposed "high class" cars are pieces of @#$@. My mom's 2011 E-Class is a joke :lol:

Yep. With the average age demographic of NTers, I'm just trying to help them out by putting the info out there so they don't buy an unreliable benz as their first car.

To the guy asking about the Mustangs, they are good cars. Reliable, cheap to maintain. I had a 2000 V6 a long time ago and haven't owned a 2006+ though. Since the quality is said to have improved since the 2000 that I owned, I'm going off of that.
You do realize Mercedes-Benz ranked #3 in most reliable engines for 2013 falling under Honda & Toyota, yes? I believe the failure rate was 1-in-120 where Ford was 1-in-80...

I'd tell you how I really feel as to the reasoning why you are bashing luxury brands, but you probably wouldn't like it...

I do hear that the newer Benz's are more reliable. This discussion started a page back about the SL500 which being a 500/55 is a very unreliable car after 36,000 miles.

Tell me why I am "bashing luxury brands". On the day I bought it back in 2009.

The new car.

Last edited:

This is my baby.

1995 Isuzu trooper with 160000 miles on it. Learned how to drive in this car. Never given me trouble or any problems.

Plasti dipped the wheels and took off the grill guard. I love it.
Saving money this winter and getting a 68 Mustang in the spring. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Just picked this up last week & have already started with a few minor additions. After letting go of the E70, I realized that I still needed a larger vehicle so I started looking into a Wrangler, 4Runner, etc. Toyota stated a couple of months ago that 2014 would be the last year for the FJ Cruiser & knowing that this model covers such a small, niche market, I made a quick trip to my local dealer more so as an inquiry. After letting the salesman know that I would be willing to drive it off the lot that day provided the price was right, he quickly drew-up an offer & I left with it. As of now, I definitely prefer the Predator step/nerf bars over the OEM sliders. I'm still looking for a bull bar that isn't too ostentatious as well as a few aesthetic add-ons, but other than that, I'm completely content with the overall look. I just sold my rims from the F30 with the intent of ordering a new set, but I think I'll have fun with this one for awhile...

Here's a shot from earlier today after coming from my buddy's shop. I'm having a few interior pieces like the dashboard cluster redone so that the bezels over the temperature, compass & inclinometer gauges are body matched, but I might just buy brushed aluminum bezels if I don't like the finished product...

Nice.

What factors did you take into consideration when choosing this over the wrangler? I would love to own a Rubicon one day. But FJ Cruisers were always dope to me as well.
Thanks, man!

I ended-up choosing the FJ over the Wrangler for several reasons, but the major reason(s) were based purely on availability as well as the price my dealer gave me. Both models equally provide that utilitarian appeal that I want in a larger vehicle. However, it's much easier to attain a Wrangler as it's frame/body is a staple of Jeep. (Meaning, I could more or less purchase one without that many drastic changes from it's predecessors later down the road whereas the FJ would be discontinued after 2014.) It was just a culmination of knowing that if I wanted an FJ, now would be the time as I really couldn't see myself purchasing a used one that would have several miles/years/etc. of wear & tear. As I said before, FJs cover such a small, niche market that it would be slim-to-none to find one that was "babied". Even then & as dankenstein mentioned, they still hold their value. I just preferred to have an FJC on my own terms. Don't get me wrong, the Wrangler is still such a beautiful, all-around vehicle while actually being preferred over the FJ by the majority of consumers. Despite that, the circumstances directed me towards the FJ & I'm actually pleased that I had to make that decision rather quickly. I held-off on attaining one for so long that I truly feel that I would have regretted not purchasing one in their respective production year. The FJC pays homage to the FJ40 & the reason why I like Wranglers so much is due to the FJ40...

Funny how people @#$% on American cars when these supposed "high class" cars are pieces of @#$@. My mom's 2011 E-Class is a joke :lol:

Yep. With the average age demographic of NTers, I'm just trying to help them out by putting the info out there so they don't buy an unreliable benz as their first car.

To the guy asking about the Mustangs, they are good cars. Reliable, cheap to maintain. I had a 2000 V6 a long time ago and haven't owned a 2006+ though. Since the quality is said to have improved since the 2000 that I owned, I'm going off of that.
You do realize Mercedes-Benz ranked #3 in most reliable engines for 2013 falling under Honda & Toyota, yes? I believe the failure rate was 1-in-120 where Ford was 1-in-80...

I'd tell you how I really feel as to the reasoning why you are bashing luxury brands, but you probably wouldn't like it...

I do hear that the newer Benz's are more reliable. This discussion started a page back about the SL500 which being a 500/55 is a very unreliable car after 36,000 miles.

Tell me why I am "bashing luxury brands". On the day I bought it back in 2009.

The new car.
You "hear" they're more reliable, huh?

It doesn't matter what model the discussion started from as you basically tried to generalize the reputation of the brand itself...

So you bought a CLK500 in 2009? Considering the CLK500 became the CLK550 in 2007, it just looks like you bought a used car that may or may not have had problems that you overlooked. Caveat emptor, my friend. Don't blame another's misuse or neglect for your own shortcomings...

Last edited:
None of your FJ's are ******g with my pops '74. Just put a new engine in brought it from 160 something HP up for 320. Things a beast.

The renders make it look amazing, and it might have AWD.

Looks amazing, but I'm afraid AWD will push it up close to 30k, so I'm torn that one. One thing I didn't like about the 2012-13 (mine is a 2011), which I'm sure the '14 will follow, is the big *** nav screen/radio in the center. I actually got a 2011 w/Tech package instead of a 2012 because I'd rather have a small screen in my field of vision for info/GPS.

None of your FJ's are ******g with my pops '74. Just put a new engine in brought it from 160 something HP up for 320. Things a beast.
Nice! There's a few locally that are premium as well...

dudes defending these luxury cars so hard :lol:
(Looks at signature with vehicle & understands this post)
:rofl:

My first fault was responding on a sneaker forum regarding cars to dudes not only stuck in high-school mode, but high-school cars. Regardless, I'll own up to that. Got a bit quiet once actual facts came into play...

Have fun & be safe. The sidelines. Too funny...

Last edited:

This is my baby.

1995 Isuzu trooper with 160000 miles on it. Learned how to drive in this car. Never given me trouble or any problems.

Plasti dipped the wheels and took off the grill guard. I love it.
Saving money this winter and getting a 68 Mustang in the spring. Can't wait.

you live in bensonhurst?

My first fault was responding on a sneaker forum regarding cars to dudes not only stuck in high-school mode, but high-school cars. Regardless, I'll own up to that. Got a bit quiet once actual facts came into play...

:lol: was that meant to offend? Thank you for understanding my post. You fronting like your father works for these companies or something. Relax it's just metal and rubber and other things. Some people actually value their money and what they can buy with it

Last edited:

Is this a joke. First, what is a high-school car? Second, I find it funny that a person with a 3-series would be talking down on anyone's car.

Is this when I search for an isolated problem/incident on an '03 Accord then generalize Honda as a brand deeming it as unreliable too?

How is it isolated when MANY luxury car owners have the same complaints? Not just Benzes? BMWs are notorious for electrical issues

I'm not saying that these cars will end your life. But I'd be annoyed if I bought a 50K+ car and I had to keep getting ripped off for nonsense repairs every few months. I don't have any bias; I lived with my parents for a bit after college and drove their 5 Series and E Class pretty frequently. I have no reason to hate on anything

A BMW in the garage while you're sleeping might actually end you life though....

http://bmwproblems.wordpress.com/

BOCA RATON — A Boca Raton man has been displaced from his home after his car caught on fire, which then caught his garage on fire, according to firefighters.

The BMW in the garage of a home in the 6100 block of North Dixie Highway caught on fire around 9 a.m. and the flames spread from the car to the garage, according to a Boca Raton Fire-Rescue Department report. The owner, who was not identified, was home at the time but was not in the car and was not injured.

The home sustained about $200,000 worth of damage, and the car was severely burned before firefighters put out the blaze. The home was rendered uninhabitable.

The cause has not been determined, and the fire is being investigated by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

These electrical fires are extremely common in comparison to other brands and to rub salt in a sore wound BMW fights tooth and nail when it comes to lawsuits and payouts.
I'm not stating BMW is the top-tier automaker, but you guys are severely uninformed. A blog dedicated to specific incidents is of no use to me. This year alone, Dodge had to recall close to 5K Challengers for electrical issues that could potentially cause a fire. Ford had to recall 89K Fusion/Escape models with the reason being noted as "Engine Fires". In 2010, GM had to recall 1.5 million vehicles due to "Engine Fire" concerns...

If you want to get technical, Ford leads the nation in lawsuits/settlements. Ford also leads in most deaths/injuries/accidents as well. From a broader perspective, GM is not far behind...

Yeah... but GM and Ford actually address the problem, fix it at their cost and settle financially with family's that were victims of their faulty designs/craftsmanship. BMW not so much >D

When GM had major issues with their S/C 3800 cars catching fire they recalled them all, fixed them at their expense and compensated anyone who's car actually caught fire.
The NHTSA doesn't take recalls lightly. You're basically portraying a multibillion-dollar manufacturer that provides top-notch service (after the fact), but disperses consistent problematic products. Makes sense...:x

I'm not sure if you're trying to insinuate that BMW brushes these apparent & rampant "problems" (that you're proclaiming) to the side in hopes that they go unnoticed. Let's not be naive here, dankenstein. You're better than that...

In all honesty, I think the biggest lawsuit BMW has right now is outside of their product line. GM/Ford/etc. not so much >D

NHTSA... ? BMW aint got no time for that.....

Class Action Law Firm takes on BMW for Systematically Concealing Safety Risks of Defective High Pressure Fuel Pumps and Turbo Chargers Lawsuit alleges that BMW systematically concealed information from the public and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regarding defective fuel pumps and their risks to consumers.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/BMW-lawsuit/turbo-lag-fuel-pump/prweb4615794.htm

Last edited:
:lol:

Offended boys are offended...

Look at my other posts, I'm not limited to an F30. Even then, if this is your response simply because you couldn't back-up your false claims on luxury brands to your experience due to getting swindled into buying a used MB, I'd settle down...

Haha! Even if I only had an entry-level as my sole vehicle, I'd still laugh at the fact that Mr. Accord is trying to downplay German engineering. As I said, don't blame another's misuse or neglect for your own shortcomings. What? You bought a used MB without checking the overall status & condition of it? This thread is filled with dudes chomping on that bitter melon. If buying a luxury vehicle without doing your homework isn't badge flossing, then I don't know what is...

Is this when I search for an isolated problem/incident on an '03 Accord then generalize Honda as a brand deeming it as unreliable too?

How is it isolated when MANY luxury car owners have the same complaints? Not just Benzes? BMWs are notorious for electrical issues

I'm not saying that these cars will end your life. But I'd be annoyed if I bought a 50K+ car and I had to keep getting ripped off for nonsense repairs every few months. I don't have any bias; I lived with my parents for a bit after college and drove their 5 Series and E Class pretty frequently. I have no reason to hate on anything

A BMW in the garage while you're sleeping might actually end you life though....

BOCA RATON — A Boca Raton man has been displaced from his home after his car caught on fire, which then caught his garage on fire, according to firefighters.

The BMW in the garage of a home in the 6100 block of North Dixie Highway caught on fire around 9 a.m. and the flames spread from the car to the garage, according to a Boca Raton Fire-Rescue Department report. The owner, who was not identified, was home at the time but was not in the car and was not injured.

The home sustained about $200,000 worth of damage, and the car was severely burned before firefighters put out the blaze. The home was rendered uninhabitable.

The cause has not been determined, and the fire is being investigated by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

These electrical fires are extremely common in comparison to other brands and to rub salt in a sore wound BMW fights tooth and nail when it comes to lawsuits and payouts.
I'm not stating BMW is the top-tier automaker, but you guys are severely uninformed. A blog dedicated to specific incidents is of no use to me. This year alone, Dodge had to recall close to 5K Challengers for electrical issues that could potentially cause a fire. Ford had to recall 89K Fusion/Escape models with the reason being noted as "Engine Fires". In 2010, GM had to recall 1.5 million vehicles due to "Engine Fire" concerns...

If you want to get technical, Ford leads the nation in lawsuits/settlements. Ford also leads in most deaths/injuries/accidents as well. From a broader perspective, GM is not far behind...

Yeah... but GM and Ford actually address the problem, fix it at their cost and settle financially with family's that were victims of their faulty designs/craftsmanship. BMW not so much >D

When GM had major issues with their S/C 3800 cars catching fire they recalled them all, fixed them at their expense and compensated anyone who's car actually caught fire.
The NHTSA doesn't take recalls lightly. You're basically portraying a multibillion-dollar manufacturer that provides top-notch service (after the fact), but disperses consistent problematic products. Makes sense...:x

I'm not sure if you're trying to insinuate that BMW brushes these apparent & rampant "problems" (that you're proclaiming) to the side in hopes that they go unnoticed. Let's not be naive here, dankenstein. You're better than that...

In all honesty, I think the biggest lawsuit BMW has right now is outside of their product line. GM/Ford/etc. not so much >D

Class Action Law Firm takes on BMW for Systematically Concealing Safety Risks of Defective High Pressure Fuel Pumps and Turbo Chargers Lawsuit alleges that BMW systematically concealed information from the public and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regarding defective fuel pumps and their risks to consumers.

Really? That's it?

An article from 2010 referencing a 2006 issue?

You do realize how BMW mediated that situation, yes? So you want to compare BMW additional extended warranty for the inconvenience versus the death/injuries/accidents of innocent victims over several decades? Again, makes sense...:x

Next?

Really? That's it?

An article from 2010 referencing a 2006 issue?

You do realize how BMW mediated that situation, yes? So you want to compare BMW additional extended warranty for the inconvenience versus the death/injuries/accidents of innocent victims over several decades? Again, makes sense...:x

Next?

This guy...

BMW has a history of trying to sweep their problems under the rug.

NHTSA said BMW failed on multiple occasions to promptly report problems in certain motorcycle and vehicle models that led to recalls initiated by the company.

In documents released by NHTSA, investigators noted a "troubling trend" regarding BMW disclosure. They said the company provided little information initially about recalls and then dragged its feet when asked to follow up.

Missing or incomplete information sought by U.S. regulators included plans by the company for addressing defects and details about the number of vehicles potentially affected.

Full article @ Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/10/usa-bmw-fine-idUSL2E8DAF4220120210

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom