\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

It depends on what the Police department wherever you are at is using. If they are using LIDAR which is laser, a radar detector with laser detection is going to do just that , tell you when the cop is right there. For 100 percent protection from laser, you need a laser jammer. It jams the signal for the cop on his lidar gun.

But if the department where you are speeding uses radar still (which is becoming outdated) then you are good with a radar detector.

Im not even exaggerating bruh. I honestly cant recall a time it worked how I though a radar detector would work. It would ALWAYS beep right when we came up on a cop. Especially on local roads. Highway? Forget it, might as well turn it off. But whenever im not in the car its "saved him".

a lot of em do that

i think they are worthless, just keep your eyes open and youre good.

i speed like crazy and nothing yet. just gotta be smart

I dont like to speed anymore really but when I speed (late for work, etc) im picky. I try to sense how traffic is behaving, if any fast drivers are slowing down in front of me, known cop hideout spots, etc. Licesbe was revoked for speeding tickets a few years ago. I got smarter.

Funny thing is, I was speeding but almost none of those tickets were for "speeding" aka high MPH. Probably 4/5 of those tickets were for going 50-60 on a bridge (limit is 40). Woudda thought I leaned my lesson on the first ticket...sike.

There's a chrome wrap on a local rapide. It looks alright, I think it's tacky.

i'm not really a fan of it either. i did see this video though recently which i thought was cool to look at. wish i could see something like that in person.

still too gaudy for me.

also, the waze app is pretty clutch. i have no detectors/jammers, but a lot of people have started using waze so it's become pretty effective.

Real talk, those new Accord Coupes are doing it for me lately.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Something about this gen is just RIGHT.

Taking my lady to see the 4 doors this week. Thinking about picking one up for her. But the coupes giving me slight boners.

The 4 door joitns are fire too. Iono who they got at Honda designing right now, but they need to keep em.

Something about this gen is just RIGHT.

The 4 door joitns are fire too. Iono who they got at Honda designing right now, but they need to keep em.

I'l tell you who....they just copied the E92 coupe :lol: :smh:

I mean look at that first pic...dead on E92 body....:x

The slammed with negative camber is ugly as usual, looks especially ******ed on a FWD car. I know it's a show car but every time I see a honda like that on the road they always mash the pedal like it's actually a race car...usually with a poor muffler too :smh:

yes I know it's their money, still looks dumb.

What? E92? Nah man you buggin. Love the e92 but it looks nothing like one.

The rear does remind me of something BMW-esque though ill admit. 6 series ish (last gen).

Sedan (sport trim) > coupe.

yeah maybe 6, I dunno, but on the E92 you can see the rear tail lights from the side view, just like on the accord, that reminded me a lot of it

Last edited:
It is Bimmer-esque.

But ****, I love BMW's. So maybe thats why I'm so attracted to it :lol:

And yes the sport trim is nice, but doesn't come with sunroof/leather seating. Just walked around one sunday. Very nice, I prefer the sport, but no sunroof? No leather seating without third party fee's?

C'mon honda. Even you can do better than that :smh:

Last edited:
It is Bimmer-esque.

But ****, I love BMW's. So maybe thats why I'm so attracted to it
laugh.gif

And yes the sport trim is nice, but doesn't come with sunroof/leather seating. Just walked around one sunday. Very nice, I prefer the sport, but no sunroof? No leather seating without third party fee's?

C'mon honda. Even you can do better than that
mean.gif
Sunroof is overrated honestly. I barely used mine and ive had it on every single car ive had since 08.

You could make a case for leather, but it IS the "sport" trim.

I don't get the appeal of slammed. A nice wheel in balance with the curve of the wheel well and minimum gap is good enough, I don't get going beyond that.

I don't get the appeal of slammed. A nice wheel in balance with the curve of the wheel well and minimum gap is good enough, I don't get going beyond that.
Its just a niche market.

Like people with 10 inch lift on their trucks

Personally if i had a whip that could be slammed i wouldnt do it because im too careless to stop for speedbumps or slow down on driveways

Agreed.  A well executed drop is a thing of beauty.  I want my NSX to look like this soon:

That's a chrome vinyl wrap. I hope it was at least a cts-v...I feel like you can't put something like that on a regular car.

There's a chrome wrap on a local rapide. It looks alright, I think it's tacky.

Speaking of metallic wraps...

Maybe it looks best in pictures, and not in real life...(plus I wonder how these things look after a bit of wear and tear)..but I think this looks crazy...

Yesterday, I saw a Mazda Miata driving around with wheels looking like this. Anybody know what in the world this is? Doesn't that mess up the tires driving around like this?

I'm going to install Eibach Sportline springs on my FR-S next week. Will have pics soon. Not into the Hellaflush/dumped look but I do appreciate minimal wheel gap. Function>Fashion

I'm going to install Eibach Sportline springs on my FR-S next week. Will have pics soon. Not into the Hellaflush/dumped look but I do appreciate minimal wheel gap. Function>Fashion
My friend just installed those on his frs last week and got some new enkei rims with some toyo tires

We went to the canyons and it handled so beautifully.
Suspension is pretty stiff. If u speed and go thru dips and sum bumps ull definetly b bouncin around a little in ur seat but in the canyons ur planted to the floor

I dont like to speed anymore really but when I speed (late for work, etc) im picky. I try to sense how traffic is behaving, if any fast drivers are slowing down in front of me, known cop hideout spots, etc. Licesbe was revoked for speeding tickets a few years ago. I got smarter.

Funny thing is, I was speeding but almost none of those tickets were for "speeding" aka high MPH. Probably 4/5 of those tickets were for going 50-60 on a bridge (limit is 40). Woudda thought I leaned my lesson on the first ticket...sike.
the important thing about radar/laser detectors is to use them with discretion and not to rely on them. like someone said, be aware of your surroundings. use the detector as a secondary source of radar/laser presence and do not rely on it as a crutch. personally, i use it as a second line of defense. i have the 9500 hardwired in my dd and i love it. red light camera warning, radar and laser detection, etc. do remember, the important thing is NOT to drop your guard and solely rely on it.

Back
Top Bottom