\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

2008 328i 96k miles $7,750 is it a bad buy ?

Without a doubt imo

ditto.

its probably due for a costly maintenance check up.

Its a 328.. The N52 is basically as bulletproof as BMW's engines get.

My only advice would be to check if the water pump has been replaced. Thats probably the only real issue you'll run into with a 328

If it were a 335 I'd say fall back.

Are you paying cash OP?

That Accord would be a much smarter buy if thats your absolute budget tbh

You can probably find an 07-09 328 with lower miles for that price or maybe even a little more

Last edited:
Both look nice, but I prefer the top ones, because the bottom ones have those flat pieces that don't flow as well.

Its a 328.. The N52 is basically as bulletproof as BMW's engines get.

My only advice would be to check if the water pump has been replaced. Thats probably the only real issue you'll run into with a 328

If it were a 335 I'd say fall back.

You can probably find an 07-09 328 with lower miles for that price or maybe even a little more

Yup, agree with this. If it's not at a BMW dealership then you can ask to take it to one and have them inspect it plus check the maintenance records. I would expect the brakes and tires have been changed around 60k miles, but you'll want to confirm and also see if the struts were replaced as well. Make sure all electronics work (backup cam, parking sensors, folding mirrors, radio, etc.) and AC and heat.

As for the engine, I've heard the same praises as Prime, especially because it doesn't have a turbo, which was problematic on the 335i. But, you do want to make sure it's had regular oil changes and, again, check any maintenance records to see if it's been serviced for anything major and when the next maintenance is due (ask about the cost). BMW does "condition based service," so you can check in the iDrive settings to see when the next brake and oil change will be needed.

Like Prime said, I would try to get something with lower miles though. Even 70k miles would be cool since they should have replaced the brakes and tires by that point saving you a couple thousand. If you can work a warranty into the price then go for it. You'll have to see what 3rd party warranties that dealership sells then check BMW forums to see what people have said about it, particularly regarding electronics.

Last edited:
I don't understand the infatuation with the Dodge Demon - or any Dodge for that matter. Their reliability is amongst the worst across the board - if not the worst. Resale value is terrible as well. I guess since most of their lineup is affordable and the styling isn't terrible, it works for them.

I'll always be a Toyota/Lexus guy - end of rant.

Last edited:
I don't understand the infatuation with the Dodge Demon - or any Dodge for that matter. Their reliability is amongst the worst across the board - if not the worst. Resale value is terrible as well. I guess since most of their lineup is affordable and the styling isn't terrible, it works for them.

Dodge Demon - 840 hp, with a warranty, running sub 10 in the 1/4, for less than 100 grand. What's not to get?

You are pulling that resale value bit out of your ***, makes me not take anything else you typed seriously

Dodge Demon - 840 hp, with a warranty, running sub 10 in the 1/4, for less than 100 grand. What's not to get?

Has the price been confirmed?

I mean I understand it's a ton of power for the money, but that's about it.

Idk, I just don't have any personal draw to it. Speed has never been a driving factor in any of my car purchases. To me, the styling is basic and the car has no real use outside of a drag strip.

You are pulling that resale value bit out of your ***, makes me not take anything else you typed seriously

I'll spare the resale value argument - as too much to take on there with Dodge as a whole. I think the Charger and Challenger hold their value pretty well, but that's about it.

Reliability is a joke though. You would never see me spend any money on a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, etc.

Speaking of reveals, how about the Jeep Trackhawk? We knew it was coming, but its cool to see it finally revealed. As long as you don't care about MPG, seems like the perfect daily to me! Maybe I'll treat myself to one when I'm done residency :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom