\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Is the Challenger the direct competitor of the mustang? I thought it'd be the Charger.

They're in the same segment in a broader sense but the target audience is definitely way different. Hellcat/Demon= drag racing only,
GT350R/whatever's next=track days only

I'd say both are pretty unusable as a daily. I'll never forget the pic someone put up in this thread of a Hellcat with the range saying 60 miles but the tank is 3/4s full :rofl:

I daily mine. I got that green Jeep for a beater but realized I didnt like driving anything old so I sold it lmao literally lasted a couple days lol

Anyways day 1 with 4 miles on the odo till almost a year later with 10k miles I have dailyed the Hellcat.

I didnt buy it for mpg and I know it eats through tires brakes and oil. Smiles per gallon brah

SAME. I DAILY MY GT350. THATS THE WHOLE POINT. A TRACK WEAPON I CAN DAILY WITH NO ISSUES.

Hmmm I saw an srt grand Cherokee the other day with a body kit very similar to the trackhawk. This was before I even knew about the trackhawk. Is it possible I saw one and not a regular srt with a body kit? :lol:

Edit: just realized they made some updates to the 2017 models :lol: they look fire

Last edited:
Enough said. Go drive your Camry papi

JK :nerd:

I do like the Camry - but two Lexus over here. Here's mine

After all the hype leading up to the Demon reveal I'm honestly not that impressed.
Just curious. What WOULD have impressed you? 840 hp and sub 10s in the 1/4 is pretty impressive to me.

Hmmm I saw an srt grand Cherokee the other day with a body kit very similar to the trackhawk. This was before I even knew about the trackhawk. Is it possible I saw one and not a regular srt with a body kit? :lol:
2018 will be the first year of the trackhawk (Hellcat powered) Jeep. It's possible you saw a test mule, I remember watching a video several weeks ago from someone that saw one on the road and recorded it. Biggest giveaway would be hearing that supercharger whine.

ummm...
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk45eflmi/11-dodge-challenger/#54cdf7e119ab

also Jeep Wrangler also retain their value extremely well.

Not surprised at the Challenger as I mentioned in an earlier post. The demand is high, which drives/keeps the residual up. Wranglers have always been popular as well - so no surprise there either.

Dodge as a whole is a disappointing and unappealing to me personally -I just don't think they provide value for the money - same with Chrysler vehicles. I understand 840 HP is a lot for the money, but I'm talking mainstream lineup of cars. Jeep vehicles are OK, but all my friends who have had them eventually have had some reliability issues.

Last edited:
Not surprised at the Challenger as I mentioned in an earlier post. The demand is high, which drives/keeps the residual up. Wranglers have always been popular as well - so no surprise there either.

Dodge as a whole is a disappointing and unappealing to me personally -I just don't think they provide value for the money - same with Chrysler vehicles. I understand 840 HP is a lot for the money, but I'm talking mainstream lineup of cars. Jeep vehicles are OK, but all my friends who have had them eventually have had some reliability issues.
Weird. I've always thought of jeeps as pretty decent in terms of reliability.

Weird. I've always thought of jeeps as pretty decent in terms of reliability.

I think the older ones are more reliable, especially Wranglers. I've got a couple buddies with newer Grand Cherokees that have had some problems once they get in the 60-75k mile range.

Last edited:
I think the older ones are more reliable, especially Wranglers. I've got a couple buddies with newer Grand Cherokees that have had some problems once they get in the 60-75k mile range.
That sucks. I've been thinking about getting a newer one.

Just curious. What WOULD have impressed you? 840 hp and sub 10s in the 1/4 is pretty impressive to me.
2018 will be the first year of the trackhawk (Hellcat powered) Jeep. It's possible you saw a test mule, I remember watching a video several weeks ago from someone that saw one on the road and recorded it. Biggest giveaway would be hearing that supercharger whine.

Yeah 840hp and sub 10's in the 1/4 mile is impressive for a production car, but all these damn weekly teasers for months had me thinking it was gonna have 1200 damn horsepower. Honestly, the Demon would have been insane if the Hellcat wasn't already up there.

I'm actually more intrigued by the trackhawk as opposed to the demon truthfully. :nthat:

-Drew

Yeah 840hp and sub 10's in the 1/4 mile is impressive for a production car, but all these damn weekly teasers for months had me thinking it was gonna have 1200 damn horsepower. Honestly, the Demon would have been insane if the Hellcat wasn't already up there.
Oh OK fair enough. I heard they were releasing teasers all the time, didn't really follow em though, been too busy with exams. The hp isn't a big step up from the Hellcat, but is wild they put a bunch of drag race stuff in a production car like a trans brake.

I'm actually more intrigued by the trackhawk as opposed to the demon truthfully. :nthat:

-Drew
Me too :smokin

New Toyota Camry looks closer to Lexus than Toyota.

Those are going to sell well

Back
Top Bottom