\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Unpopular opinion:
Most 90s Japanese cars are overrated. Mk4, fd , and 240sx are mostly what I'm talking about but there are a few more including r34

MKIV Supra? Have to disagree with you there buddy. Although F&F did hype that car up. The Supra is legendary. The reliability on that engine is nuts and it can handle massive amounts of boost easily getting upwards of 1000 HP like its nothing.

If you watch this video, they used some exotic cars at that time to benchmark against.

Even though it was raining Monday, the car for delivered. My wife had bought herself a newer car from an exotic dealer out of state early this month. It's a rather rare car! Only 349 built for 2018 and only 47 imported for the model year. We think it could be a 1 of 1 with the combo.

1584652216272_image2.jpg
1584652216273_image1.jpg
1584652859819_image1.jpg
1584652859818_image3.jpg
image4.jpg

For those who may not know, it's a 2018 Jaguar F-Type SVR. 575 hp, AWD, 8-sp ZF, carbon fiber rear spoiler, & a crazy loud stock exhaust! It's Ultra Blue Metallic (so cool in the sun) with Pimento red full leather. Seat & interior color is not as bright as the pic shows. It's more of a wine red or like the name, the color of the pit of an olive. In person, it's GORGEOUS!! Finally stopped raining yesterday and we took it out for a short ride and got gas. Wife missed having a V8 and still wanted AWD. It's really nice in person.

this joint so fire.i still come back and look at it. Ya wife doing it big.

this joint so fire.i still come back and look at it. Ya wife doing it big.

Thanks buddy. My wife is my angel & my best friend!! Been sick my whole life with ulcerative colitis, then liver failure & a liver transplant, now Crohn's. Never dated anyone before her as I was always sick since I was 16. Thankful we met at a Mustang show 14 years ago. She works her but off and is very good at her job. She deserves this.

After a few days of work and rain we went out for a drive in it (social distancing is perfect for car people as we never get out of the car, lol). She absolutely loves it! And we figured out how to make the exhaust crackle/pop like the videos. Put it in manual mode, keep the revs above 3,000 let off and then just barely tap the gas. Not enough to make it move forward, just tap it and it pops like crazy! She loves that!

Here's a newer picture in the driveway.
IMG_20200323_174243.jpg

hell no, 2 liter turbo. With a tune they put down close to 400 hp stock with just a tune. Super mod friendly.
I asked because I Googled the 2020 mk8 & the 1st thing I read was "all electric". Not that there's anything wrong with that. They sound like fun lil cars to whip around. You ever consider a Ford Focus RS?

yall are crazy if you think the 90's jdm legends are overrated... they literally came out the factory detuned to 276HP :lol:
its a reason why ppl swap motors til this day....
I like em all, I just think the R34 is a bit overhyped. Don't get me wrong they are dope cars aesthetically/performance wise as well. I just think Fast & Furious amped it's likeability through the roof, had the movie franchise never been made...most of the R34 fans wouldn't be cheering so loud about it. Just my opinion

I asked because I Googled the 2020 mk8 & the 1st thing I read was "all electric". Not that there's anything wrong with that. They sound like fun lil cars to whip around. You ever consider a Ford Focus RS?

oh yeah maybe the new one is going to be.

briefly but I’d rather have a nice interior and more chill car than the RS. those things are beasts though.

I wouldn’t mind an all electric car but I’d want to wait a while, I don’t feel like the infrastructure is there yet. For charging and shops besides the dealer.

oh yeah maybe the new one is going to be.

briefly but I’d rather have a nice interior and more chill car than the RS. those things are beasts though.

I wouldn’t mind an all electric car but I’d want to wait a while, I don’t feel like the infrastructure is there yet. For charging and shops besides the dealer.
Wouldn't be surprised if it is...we're definitely headed towards an electric powered future for vehicles. Agreed, the tech/shops & charging availability is in its infancy & not readily available just yet.

Gas engines are no match for electric in terms of performance, that’s already been proven. I just gotta wait for the rest to catch up before I pull the trigger.

Where ninjahood at to make sense of this statement :lol:. Joking

I’m good on EV personally. Fossil Fuels ain’t running out no time soon or in this lifetime. Just give me my gas and let me go :lol: that EV stuff is an inconvenience currently and a pin in the ocean. My grandkids kids and em will enjoy EV though.

Thanks buddy. My wife is my angel & my best friend!! Been sick my whole life with ulcerative colitis, then liver failure & a liver transplant, now Crohn's. Never dated anyone before her as I was always sick since I was 16. Thankful we met at a Mustang show 14 years ago. She works her but off and is very good at her job. She deserves this.

After a few days of work and rain we went out for a drive in it (social distancing is perfect for car people as we never get out of the car, lol). She absolutely loves it! And we figured out how to make the exhaust crackle/pop like the videos. Put it in manual mode, keep the revs above 3,000 let off and then just barely tap the gas. Not enough to make it move forward, just tap it and it pops like crazy! She loves that!

Here's a newer picture in the driveway.
IMG_20200323_174243.jpg
Glad to hear she loves it. My wife and I bought a French racing blue xkrs back in 2015 and sold it about 8 months later. I hated the steering, lack of traction and low redline but loved the power and the exhaust note. With your svr you have the best of all worlds. To me it is such a great bang for buck in the segment and it is truly slept on by most.

Also love to hear your wife is into cars as much as you are. My wife is the same is it is truly fun to have the love of your life and best friend share the same passion for cars like you do. Enjoy in good health and congrats

Where ninjahood at to make sense of this statement :lol:. Joking

I’m good on EV personally. Fossil Fuels ain’t running out no time soon or in this lifetime. Just give me my gas and let me go :lol: that EV stuff is an inconvenience currently and a pin in the ocean. My grandkids kids and em will enjoy EV though.

Imo Ev isn’t any better than fossil fuels. You’re just taking pollution and moving it from one pocket to the other.

I’m not against ev though, if you like them great. It get an ev eventually just because they are fast af. Not because I’m going green.

I just don’t want one yet because they aren’t common enough. Not gonna act like Tesla’s and taycans don’t rip though.

Imo Ev isn’t any better than fossil fuels. You’re just taking pollution and moving it from one pocket to the other.

I’m not against ev though, if you like them great. It get an ev eventually just because they are fast af. Not because I’m going green.

I just don’t want one yet because they aren’t common enough. Not gonna act like Tesla’s and taycans don’t rip though.

yeah I agree for sure.

Glad to hear she loves it. My wife and I bought a French racing blue xkrs back in 2015 and sold it about 8 months later. I hated the steering, lack of traction and low redline but loved the power and the exhaust note. With your svr you have the best of all worlds. To me it is such a great bang for buck in the segment and it is truly slept on by most.

Also love to hear your wife is into cars as much as you are. My wife is the same is it is truly fun to have the love of your life and best friend share the same passion for cars like you do. Enjoy in good health and congrats

Hey buddy, thanks for the kind reply! 👍👍 it definitely it great when we both like cars. We go to the local McLaren dealer when they have their suoercars on Saturday/Sunday and also cars & coffee (this will be a C&C car as long as the weather is good).

The XKR-S was a heck of a car & I always loved French Racing Blue! These are really are a good value in the used car world. Good thing, this car has 3 years of factory warranty left too. Going to get it to the local JLR dealer for it's 2nd service and then, whenever the fast tag agencies open, she can then pay the tax and transfer her old plate and then we can get it inspected. Now that she figured out about manual mode and keeping it in a lower gear to keep the rpms up to have the exhaust crackle after letting off the throttle, she's having a blast!! Going out today to give it a bath and I'll put a good coat of Gold Class carnuba on it. 👍

need to drive a porsche 911 see what all the hype is about
saw a gt3 rs on the road yesterday with a super fat wing and what looked like 335 rear tires man it was so beautiful

Back
Top Bottom