\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What's very little money? Bet you could ls swap it for the same price as a GTE swap 🤔
I thought trying to turbo a non gte block was extensive.
Touche if you make price a factor then LS beats everything. Personally prefer to stay in the same manufacture when it comes to engine swaps.

Touche if you make price a factor then LS beats everything. Personally prefer to stay in the same manufacture when it comes to engine swaps.
Legit question about those IS Lexus it's not as simple as a turbo kit installed right? My friend looked into it when he was doing a manual swap on his is wagon but said it was to expensive and alot of work so he just did bolt ons.

Legit question about those IS Lexus it's not as simple as a turbo kit installed right? My friend looked into it when he was doing a manual swap on his is wagon but said it was to expensive and alot of work so he just did bolt ons.
Well there are turbo kits out there for $1500-$2k that get around 360hp, but for $5k-$6k you can get a GTE swap with the potential of like 550+hp

Is that the yellow one? You had that model right? And why is it being pulled by a donkey or what appears to be an out of shape horse? Lol

Thicc
4BF3CB17-74BD-4A02-8EDA-4BC72A663E07.jpeg

Okey doke, since you asked, the most craziest oil change request. I'm NOT in service, but sales. At a Ford dealer. This is early 2010-ish timeframe. It's around 9 am and what do I see pull in? A 2005 Midnight Blue Ford GT!!! COOL!!!! I walk out to see it. It's my dream car still to this day. I then walk back into the showroom and a moment or two later it leaves. I go back to ask the service manager what was up with it.

Here is where it's crazy. Come to find out the lady who drove it in, came by, at 9 am (not when we 1st opened at 8 am) with NO appointment, and wanted an oil change and wanted it done in about 40 minutes right then!! SERIOUSLY!!! For those who don't know, it takes a good 5-10 minutes to get the GT safely in the bay and up high enough for the lift arms to get underneath properly (we have to get the long wooden planks we keep to drive up on to get the clearance for the lift arms to fit under.

Then, once it's up, the entire underside is paneled! You have to remove the one panel to access the oil drain from the external oil tank (the GT is a dry-sump system). That takes time to get the panel off as there are LOTS of screws. Then draining it, filter change and refill. Then reverse the steps.

Needless to say it is NOT a 40 minute job. You take your time on this car as it's a special car and owners don't mind the time it takes. We had one in our showroom at the time and we are very familiar with servicing. She was just clueless to it (it was her husband's car. She brought it in for him but she had a busy day, hence the short window). They told her not today. Schedule it and drop it off and it would be done properly. She wasn't happy at all when she left. Oh well.

Some people are clueless when it comes to servicing a vehicle and what come with it in terms of time and effort. I'll never forget it.
Yeahhh 40 minutes isn't go to cut it on a Ford GT! I guess she wasn't educated on cars & her husbands in particular. Sounds very intricate underneath the GT. She probably thought she'll be in & out in no time. It takes 10 mins just for it to properly fit into the bay, that's how low it is?

They sure did! 😠 I have one and the weight on it is low. Around 3,300 or so. It's a light car all things considered.
Yeah I’d buy another one cause I love that body style. I saw a coyote swapped one on YouTube now that would be the ideal 05-09!

Is that the yellow one? You had that model right? And why is it being pulled by a donkey or what appears to be an out of shape horse? Lol
Cause it only had 300 hp in 05. They had no competitor at the time though. No camaro no challenger so they didn’t put more power into them until 2011

Yeah I’d buy another one cause I love that body style. I saw a coyote swapped one on YouTube now that would be the ideal 05-09!
Even tho they're lucky to make 270 to the wheels the 3vs are known to be very reliable. The Ford 8.8s are stout as hell and can hold alot of power with axles and a brace. The only issue with them are junk Ford transmission.

Spent the evening yesterday wash/detail on the car. Finished up about 930ish still had a tiny bit of daylight left.

Get these wheels/tires right in a few then head out snap some pics somewhere by the mountains

Someone I know who I trust said
He don’t believe the 6.4 Jeep
Is official
If he’s wrong
This would be the first time he told me something wrong

Back
Top Bottom