\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this beauty in NY
5719264D-7440-4BAE-8511-A3DA3A3C61ED.jpeg
0B9DE7D9-CC83-43EA-AB62-CE86E3ACBC6E.jpeg

Eventually, the entire industry outside of a few players (Volvo/Polestar, Tesla A few more) will go with the landscape screen setup. GM/Honda and others moved to that style and suppliers are now able to get costs down as a result. (Modern cars share a LOT of ‘expensive’ parts i.e airbag modules, CAN bus wiring etc regardless of brand)

Big money street race out of NY:

NY has the weakest street racing scene by far. All these dudes ever do is argue.

That's a bad *** Civic thought.

NY has the weakest street racing scene by far. All these dudes ever do is argue.

Damn, teamGTR didn't pay up :smh: surprised they didn't get shot for that. Do you think his arguement was valid for not wanting to pay? What he say-something about the Civic crossing the line to the left of him? This may sound like a dumb question but that flame throwing & gas spraying was to prep the roads? I've never seen that done on an illegal street race before, lol, these dudes took their time & put in the effort.

zmaqbool zmaqbool , the pre-race stipulations were that if you touch the line (the one dividing the two cars) without going over, it's not a cross. And if you do cross and it doesn't impact the race (meaning you cross when you're 3 or 4 cars ahead or behind), then it's fine. But if you cross the center dividing line, it is an automatic loss.

Torque steer pulled the Civic left off the launch and the GTR thought he was going to over-correct, so he let off the gas, but the Civic saved it without going over the line. The GTR should have paid. That GTR is probably worth well over 200K, so I get why he would let off instead of risking the collision, but the Civic saved it and never crossed. Civic should've been paid.

And yea, the flame and spray is part of the prep process. The initial flame was put down on the ground to burn off any lingering fluids that may be present on the road. Then they spray the prep. And then they ignite the prep to get it to dry quicker. They really don't use prep that often in NY, but if you check any of the street races out of Cali, it's very common....even in low dollar races.

Think it most likely will. My mom's accord also got hit recently and her airbag deployed. Other than a bent rim and some damage on the rear driver side, it didn't look too bad but they still totaled it :ohwell:
You were right Fam, a 2017 Accord totaled, now the replacement search begins. Currently looking at a 2016 Genesis 2 Dr coupe with less miles😞

Test drove a Gen 1 Raptor for the first time today.. that NA V8 is *chef's kiss*

but tbh it didn't put me in my seat like I thought it would when I gave it some gas. I think the weight keeps things somewhat tame.

Compared to my Tacoma though, I enjoyed the interior space. It'll be a game time decision when I decide whether I want a newer Tacoma or a Raptor for my long term truck.
those trucks are heavy, even a trx won't put push you in the seat the way a sports car does.
6 thousand pounds is alot of mass :lol:

Refreshed explorer got rid of the vertical screen

maxresdefault (1).jpg
mercedes trend setting with that long screen

Test drove a Gen 1 Raptor for the first time today.. that NA V8 is *chef's kiss*

but tbh it didn't put me in my seat like I thought it would when I gave it some gas. I think the weight keeps things somewhat tame.

Compared to my Tacoma though, I enjoyed the interior space. It'll be a game time decision when I decide whether I want a newer Tacoma or a Raptor for my long term truck.

RAPTOR AND TACOMA… OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM.

TACOMAS ARE BORING. (NO OFFENSE).

AS FAR AS IT THROWING YOU BACK IN THE SEAT, YOU’RE RIGHT…. TRUCK IS TO HEAVY TO HAVE THAT EFFECT.

NOW IF THE TACOMA HAD A RAPTOR MOTOR….IT MAY THROW YOU BACK.

RAPTOR AND TACOMA… OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM.

TACOMAS ARE BORING. (NO OFFENSE).

AS FAR AS IT THROWING YOU BACK IN THE SEAT, YOU’RE RIGHT…. TRUCK IS TO HEAVY TO HAVE THAT EFFECT.

NOW IF THE TACOMA HAD A RAPTOR MOTOR….IT MAY THROW YOU BACK.
Lol

My Tacoma sets me back a bit more when I floor it.

I know they’re not meant to race.. but that was where I wanted the Raptor to floor me. I wanted to feel that V8 and go “damn..” and see my Tacoma as “boring” as you say.

But when I see my Tacoma, I still see a truck that is damn near just as off road / trail capable (if not more due to the smaller size). An engine to weight ratio that is very slightly less if not equal.

With that said, it’s still going to be a question when the time comes to upgrade. But as of right now, if I end up with another Taco, I won’t be sad I never got a Raptor.

Lol

My Tacoma sets me back a bit more when I floor it.

I know they’re not meant to race.. but that was where I wanted the Raptor to floor me. I wanted to feel that V8 and go “damn..” and see my Tacoma as “boring” as you say.

But when I see my Tacoma, I still see a truck that is damn near just as off road / trail capable (if not more due to the smaller size). An engine to weight ratio that is very slightly less if not equal.

With that said, it’s still going to be a question when the time comes to upgrade. But as of right now, if I end up with another Taco, I won’t be sad I never got a Raptor.
It’s almost as if the 6.2L somehow needed to be lighter with more power 🤔😂.

Haven’t been on here in years… have a few cars now but here’s my old show car I recently brought back to life. this car was built in the late 90s/early 2000s and sat for almost 15 years until 2019 when I decided to revive it. My brother parked it and left the fluids in it so I had to change the gas tank, fuel pump, injectors, filter, hoses, lines, and many many other things.

93 Civic EX w/ JDM GSR (B18C) complete engine/trans swap, hasport engine mounts, integra rear disc brake conversion, auto to manual conversion
s2000 Rio Yellow Pearl complete color change
there’s a laundry list of mods from the past 20-25 years that I would never be able to list them all…
main ones include OG Vertical Doors Kit from the originators VerticalDoors.com , Custom JDM ITR style header, OG GReddy Evo exhaust, Authentic Kaminari hood,Authentic Denji headlights w/ vision corners, red/clear half n half tails, M3 style mirrors w indicator, AEM intake, K&N filter, Skunk2 intake manifold, car was on air cylinders for years but is now on Koni Struts w Eibach Ground Control Coils, Skunk2 short shifter, 1320 aluminum shift bushings, s2000 SR OEM Shift Knob(same as type r but yellow numbers), antenna shaved, exhaust port in bumper shaved, bunch of other stuff I’m forgetting but that’s most of it

AADDF0E8-85C0-4BF7-9237-B93AB2EA707D.jpeg

52624824-88F0-4189-A2EA-9F8FFF7405FC.jpeg

43B1C17F-5788-49BD-B518-664801AA5377.jpeg

1C6284D4-1345-47EA-84CA-17210A3528AD.jpeg

A real survivor from the early 2000s tuner days. Planning on changing a few things like the mirrors and wheels, I’ve always wanted some Work emotion CR wheels or some Volks/Rays.

It’s almost as if the 6.2L somehow needed to be lighter with more power 🤔😂.
:lol:

a cobb tuned eco boost raptor is honestly pretty dang quick

im curious how quick the new raptor r will be.

I think the raptor r will be lighter than the trx so it should be an interesting comparison

I like watching some of those races on roc nyc channel but I agree. Nyc racing the worst, just entertaining for everything outside of “racing” 😂

Back
Top Bottom