\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Man what a fine!! Congrats, hard to believe they reached out and offered u that at MSRP. I wouldn’t be able to pass that up either. I remember I sent u a PM early last year about your red G63

Yup I remember! Thanks--I was next in line but I decided to take this spec instead of wait 6 months or so for another.

5232C11D-22C3-454E-A4C7-937A8275B4B2.jpeg

IMG_7812.jpg

Returning back from Detroit, it was a pleasant enough day me to detail my wifes Polestar 2. (Funny how that always happens) She actually adjusted the dampers to almost its firmest settings while I was out of town. While I'm not a fan of its ride over all but the most smoothest surfaces, damn it if she's not right-theres much more lift off oversteer to be had now-its actually really fun to drive. Its a quirky car, and goes through tires quickly if you drive like she does, but I continue to be impressed with it from a enthusiasts POV.

Last edited:
IMG_7812.jpg

Returning back from Detroit, it was a pleasant enough day me to detail my wife Polestar 2. She actually adjusted the dampers to almost its firmest settings. While I'm not a fan of its ride over all but the most smoothest surfaces, damn it if she's not right-theres much more lift off oversteer to be had now-its actually really fun to drive. Its a quirky car, and goes through tires quickly if you drive like she does, but I continue to be impressed with it from a enthusiasts POV.

I like this car overall, its a real subtle looker. The only thing I havent kinda "gotten over" its thats its kinda high hipped? Not saying the car needs to lowered in a springs/coilovers kinda way but its sits high and the wheel gap also, it looks odd especially from a side angle. Its almost like 80% sedan and 20% crossover.

I like this car overall, its a real subtle looker. The only thing I havent kinda "gotten over" its thats its kinda high hipped? Not saying the car needs to lowered in a springs/coilovers kinda way but its sits high and the wheel gap also, it looks odd especially from a side angle. Its almost like 80% sedan and 20% crossover.
Correct it's a bit 'high' as 1.) Batteries are under that floor but more importantly 2.) This was supposed to be a Volvo-a sort of sedan hatchback showroom mate to the XC40

I like the ride height for everyday driving in the city-I don't think about steep departure angles (scraping) as I do in some Teslas. But as you observed, its a but 'tippy toed'-but they countered with that small side glass opening and by making it wider. It works far better in person than in photos.

The design details are nice but one odd thing I do not like is I can feel the seat sensor (it turns on and off when you sit in the driver seat) when I first get into it.

You might like the lowered BST version a bit more? We are fans of hitting apexes in our household (which are full of rocks, thanks Seattle), so PPF around those painted arches would be a must.
b_Polestar-220211-1244_v004_b-1.jpg

Correct it's a bit 'high' as 1.) Batteries are under that floor but more importantly 2.) This was supposed to be a Volvo-a sort of sedan hatchback showroom mate to the XC40

I like the ride height for everyday driving in the city-I don't think about steep departure angles (scraping) as I do in some Teslas. But as you observed, its a but 'tippy toed'-but they countered with that small side glass opening and by making it wider. It works far better in person than in photos.

The design details are nice but one odd thing I do not like is I can feel the seat sensor (it turns on and off when you sit in the driver seat) when I first get into it.

You might like the lowered BST version a bit more? We are fans of hitting apexes in our household (which are full of rocks, thanks Seattle), so PPF around those painted arches would be a must.
b_Polestar-220211-1244_v004_b-1.jpg

OOF, that is nice. I havent even seen that. :pimp:

THEY ARE NOT. I DIDNT SEE THE NEED FOR BEADLOCKS. ILL DO SOME ROCK CRAWLING BUT NOTHING EXTREME. SO NO NEED TO AIR DOWN TO PRESSURES WHERE BEADLOCKS ARE REQUIRED.
Same. My F150 Raptor came with beadlock capable wheels and I took them off in favor of a lighter and better looking wheel.
I almost went with a 1552 wheel until I came across the Kansei wheels. I’m a sucker for a lightweight 5 star design.

029C8E43-3799-4B43-BA48-0584054A2039.jpeg

I went down to like 18PSI when I went snow wheeling in my KO2’s.. no beadlock.

IMO unless you really like the look or are actually gonna use em, no use. A lot of great looking non-bead locking wheels out there

I went down to like 18PSI when I went snow wheeling in my KO2’s.. no beadlock.

IMO unless you really like the look or are actually gonna use em, no use. A lot of great looking non-bead locking wheels out there
i think beadlocks are for 10psi and below applications

18psi is nothing crazy tbh

yeah you’re right but I suppose then my question is, how many people find themselves realistically in a situation that would nearly require 10Psi or lower?

yeah you’re right but I suppose then my question is, how many people find themselves realistically in a situation that would nearly require 10Psi or lower?
good question, unless like u said ur doing crawling or some really gnarly trails you probably don't need to.

Curious what the Aventador replacement looks like. Would be hard to outdo that. Still looks like it came out today. It aged really well or it was ahead of its time.

I installed a short shifter for my Fg2 Civic Si and it got stuck in 3rd gear when I was out. Had to drive it in 3rd back home to fix it. :lol:

Damn lol. I’ve done a few on VWs and they were hella easy bc the shifter was right under the air box. In the F8X it’s literally right under console so you have to pull the drive shaft to access it.

Curious what the Aventador replacement looks like. Would be hard to outdo that. Still looks like it came out today. It aged really well or it was ahead of its time.

There are a few photos of it with minimal camo wraps on them, so you can actually see the whole design. It's very Sian-esq. Here are a few photos I pulled off Instagram.
Screenshot_20221103-081505.png
Screenshot_20221103-081510.png
Screenshot_20221103-081351.png
Screenshot_20221103-080832.png
Screenshot_20221103-080117.png

Last photo is a render. Back needs to be updated (an earlier rendering) but the 1st & 2nd photo is going to be pretty accurate. There are a few real new photos that show the actual production exhaust (twin trapezoidal openings instead of 4 tips). V12 with a hybrid with a (finally) dual clutch transmission (the ISR single clutch is a PITA in the Aventador). I hear it should be revealed sometime end of year or early next year per a friend who has one on order (he has both an SVJ 63 and an Ultimae, along with an STO and a Urus Pearl Capsule). 👍

07DCB6B2-55E8-4E7E-B73B-FAC789A0E9FA.jpeg

Just saw one of these today and it’s gotta be the most boring super car.

It's more of a GT supercar. Twin storage areas (a set of golf clubs can fit under the rear glass) as the motor is completely covered by the storage area. I have an acquaintance who traded his Huracan for one and he loves it. Super comfortable he says. And it comes with everything standard. There is a stunning Curacao Blue/white leather one at the McLaren dealer near me and it's awesome looking.

Back
Top Bottom