\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Oh yeah there’s certain models to avoid for sure. I was talking the 4.2 v8 specifically.

4k for brakes is insane.

Sq5 has been one of the more reliable vehicles we’ve had. Knock on wood*

Two water pumps but warranty covered it and I think the dealer f’ed up the first replacement and won’t own up to it and that’s been the only issue.
Carbon build up common on the RS4 but I’m not sure if it’s the same with the ladder 4.2’s. When buying used you need to make sure the prior owner was diligent with carbon cleaning.

I bought the donor Max back in October-ish. It's been hogging my actual Maxima's garage spot ever since but today my brother had some time & swapped out the hood for me. It looks a lot better. Onto the doors tomorrow. This hood actually has a healthy clearcoat on it luckily. Once all the panels are swapped I'm going to clay & polish the heck out if it.

Have a bumper swap lined up as well...rear one only though because in the front I have my LED bars & won't be getting rid of them, lol. Hopefully get it done asap cause I need my garage spot back...hate driving around looking for street parking, it's a waste of time & gas.
20230107_151200.jpg
20230107_151353.jpg
20230107_151407.jpg
20230107_155045.jpg
20230107_155649.jpg

The s58 is for m cars specifically they aren’t putting the s58 in any bmw
if you buy a brand new 2023 2,3,4 series Z etc it will come with the b58 bmw that engine is not replaced yet
Only M engines will come with the S code in front s14 s54 s65 s85 s55 s58 etc
Yeah apologies if I missed something, didn't follow this Convo, but S58 isn't a "new" version of the B58, it's the M version like the S55 was to the N55. Unless they're saying new supras are coming with gen 1 B58 vs the current version.

My accord won't start so been driving my rsx around

Some of these hill starts got me nervous :lol: Parallel parking a pain too

Don't think I could go back to DDing a manual

Mike is a cool dude, met him at SEMA 2019. I was walking past the Vossen booth inside, taking pictures. He commented on my Vapormax and how comfortable they are. Talked a little bit and invited me out to their pop-up shop they were holding at a local hotel.
IMG_2897.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG
IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_3597.JPG
IMG_3604.JPG
IMG_3613.JPG
IMG_3425.JPG
IMG_3132.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG
IMG_3136.JPG

Oh mahn small world! I remember that vividly!

The motorcyclist clinging to life is my co-worker. They had to amputate one of his legs I just learned.
Screenshot_20230108_140907_WhatsApp.jpg

Anybody here own/drive a golf R? I miss driving a 6mt and need a daily I can put 25k miles a year on.

DSG is better, can hold more power.

Any mods and you need a new clutch on a manual. DSG is good to like 500hp.

If you’re keeping it stock no worries.

The motorcyclist clinging to life is my co-worker. They had to amputate one of his legs I just learned.
Screenshot_20230108_140907_WhatsApp.jpg

I'm sure the NYPD will try to claim that your friend was at fault, despite the u-turn probably being illegal.

I hope he can recover as best as he can. I also hope he secures a great lawyer who can help him secure life changing compensation via lawsuit since his life is indeed forever changed with the lost a leg and all.

You don't wanna swap the whole front end? Feeling the black headlights and amber turn signals
I could but then I'd have to get rid of my LED bars, lol. The headlights are dope I like em too blacked out but amber turn signals...na, clear ones are better looking imo.

I'm sure the NYPD will try to claim that your friend was at fault, despite the u-turn probably being illegal.

I hope he can recover as best as he can. I also hope he secures a great lawyer who can help him secure life changing compensation via lawsuit since his life is indeed forever changed with the lost a leg and all.

Most def he will be found at fault.

I hope so too man, heartbreaking. I just saw him like 3 days ago & he was perfectly fine & now here we are. About having a great lawyer...don't think that'll help em any. He has a suspended license & few other variables are at play here with questionable legality on his part.

DAMN got me in my feels. :smh: I had a 2014 Audi S5, took four months to find the one I wanted.
10496921_10203355566783367_6624485112222441560_o.jpg

Wife A4 in the background, eventually traded it in for a Jeep Grand Cherokee
10603925_10203355566823368_4708600696268071274_o.jpg

Driving home, coming around a cloverleaf, merging onto the off-ramp. Two kids street racing, I wasn't worried. It was a three-lane road, and they were getting busy in the far left lanes. I get into my lane, and one switches lanes and hits the car next to me, she crashes into me pushing me into the cement wall. One of the cars racing, Camaro spins around and crashes into me. Came to a stop axle broke off, and the tire was sitting outward face down under my car.

Called my father in law since we just had dinner and is a county EMT. Cops eventually showed up and one talking to me was a ***. Kept accusing me of racing because I only had one shoe on and a Nike slide on. I said I don't drive in my shoes, because I don't want to mess up the heel. He brought it up again about 20 minutes later. Eventually told him if I was racing that Camaro I wouldn't be here, I would have beaten him. We were done talking at that point, gave me my paperwork on when the kid racing's hearing is if I want to go. Let me go home.

10363579_10203485130942390_5468933700637264533_n.jpg
10604456_10203510368573315_3999370529449504258_o.jpg
10639508_10203485130022367_2101163722889658276_n.jpg

I had the car for literally 7 months, and 4 days, I tore my rotator cuff in the accident and had to get surgery. Once insurance totaled, the car bought my Tundra. We were expecting our first and figured get more space.
sheessshhh that thang is bootifull, that gen was so beautiful im a huge fan TILL THIS DAY
glad u walked out of it tho,
Spotted this Bronco in Soho. Damn that green and bronze is nice.

CC0772D2-EBA4-43E3-B801-1FB0994CBDC7.jpeg
once again bronze is undefeated

Most def he will be found at fault.

I hope so too man, heartbreaking. I just saw him like 3 days ago & he was perfectly fine & now here we are. About having a great lawyer...don't think that'll help em any. He has a suspended license & few other variables are at play here with questionable legality on his part.
even with that record an illegal turn will put fault on the other dude i would imagine

So the past like year or so whenever I get within around 1500 miles of needing an oil change my car starts showing problems. The muffler will get loud especially when revving through turns, it’ll stall, sometimes it dies when I come to a stop but then I can turn it on again right away.
All these issues go away after an oil change but come right back when my oil is low

Happened again about a month ago except this time the check engine light came on as well and I ran the code and came to the conclusion it was a solenoid. Changed that and got an oil change and everything was good but the problems came back today

For reference my oil change is due at 119,300 and my mileage is at 117,700 and the oil is pretty much dry so something must be burning it

Wonder what it could be 🤔

My wife went to put our son on our insurance since he is turning 16 at the end of the month and we gave him his car for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised what she told me. Now don’t get me wrong the rate is still through the roof to add him but they said if he doesn’t have a 3.0gpa the rates will triple. I think it is great to incentivize getting good grades.

Also I bought the civic for 28k OTD and shortly after I had buyers remorse so I reached out to my local Kia dealership inquiring about a EV6. Well just last week the Kia dealership called me back and said they have one coming in at the end of the month and if I wanna put my name on it. I now have 100mi on the civic and was told by the local honda dealer they would give me 30k for it, the problem is the more I read up on the ev6 the more it scares me.

If I have read right then the EV6 can’t use the same charging station as Tesla so I am worried where my son will be able to charge when he’s away this summer at tournaments. Any advice ?

My wife went to put our son on our insurance since he is turning 16 at the end of the month and we gave him his car for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised what she told me. Now don’t get me wrong the rate is still through the roof to add him but they said if he doesn’t have a 3.0gpa the rates will triple. I think it is great to incentivize getting good grades.

Also I bought the civic for 28k OTD and shortly after I had buyers remorse so I reached out to my local Kia dealership inquiring about a EV6. Well just last week the Kia dealership called me back and said they have one coming in at the end of the month and if I wanna put my name on it. I now have 100mi on the civic and was told by the local honda dealer they would give me 30k for it, the problem is the more I read up on the ev6 the more it scares me.

If I have read right then the EV6 can’t use the same charging station as Tesla so I am worried where my son will be able to charge when he’s away this summer at tournaments. Any advice ?
Keep the civic but very proud of you guys for raising a responsible young man. I wish you and your family nothing but success.

Back
Top Bottom