\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

just picked up a new sierra elevation
D34669D9-BD0D-45FB-9FBA-19CFB0605702.jpeg

This happened by me yesterday. 23 year old girl that was 8 months pregnant was killed with her drunk boyfriend driving. He was speeding and survived

Screenshot_20230129-150245_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230129-150406_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230129-150211_Chrome~2.jpg
I doubt it but hope the other cars occupants are alive.
just picked up a new sierra elevation
D34669D9-BD0D-45FB-9FBA-19CFB0605702.jpeg
SO!! Yeah I'm hatin I want one so bad but can't justify buying it, since Tundra is running like a champ, just hit 170K so miles for days left on ole girl. Maybe when my daughters are a few years older and can convince myself it is a family car.

Looks great, love the GMC grille. More pics please!!

If I wanted an EV, I wouldn't buy a Tesla ever. This whole "the fastest 0-60 blah blah blah"....who cares. Where am I gonna use the speed around here. Some of the best driving/handling cars don't have the most power or highest top speed. They have an overall package that makes them a joy to drive.

Plus, they just don't fasciate me enough. Yeah, their tech is really good, but the shenanigans he does, (turning off options that were paid for by the first owner ON THE MSRP, so the subsequent owners have to REPAY for the same item paid for already is some serious BS) isn't a good look.

Plus the styling is blah honestly, and the lack of colors, basically means your going to have to add $5k for a full body wrap if you want anything other than black, white or the occasional red. And don't get me going on the overall quality (paint is SUPER thin, said by an acquaintance who owns the premier XPel shop in my area and owns a 3). If I wanted a lux EV, it's a Taycan all day long. If I wanted a reasonable EV, Ioniq 5/6 or the EV6.

He'll have his fanboys for life, he really will. And at one time, he had the only game in town. But not anymore. There are more choices coming online yearly and that is only going to get the EV segment larger with better cars.

If I wanted an EV, I wouldn't buy a Tesla ever. This whole "the fastest 0-60 blah blah blah"....who cares. Where am I gonna use the speed around here. Some of the best driving/handling cars don't have the most power or highest top speed. They have an overall package that makes them a joy to drive.

Plus, they just don't fasciate me enough. Yeah, their tech is really good, but the shenanigans he does, (turning off options that were paid for by the first owner ON THE MSRP, so the subsequent owners have to REPAY for the same item paid for already is some serious BS) isn't a good look.

Plus the styling is blah honestly, and the lack of colors, basically means your going to have to add $5k for a full body wrap if you want anything other than black, white or the occasional red. And don't get me going on the overall quality (paint is SUPER thin, said by an acquaintance who owns the premier XPel shop in my area and owns a 3). If I wanted a lux EV, it's a Taycan all day long. If I wanted a reasonable EV, Ioniq 5/6 or the EV6.

He'll have his fanboys for life, he really will. And at one time, he had the only game in town. But not anymore. There are more choices coming online yearly and that is only going to get the EV segment larger with better cars.
well the teslas are the most affordable when it comes to "luxury" ev IMO

personally if i had to get an ev it would be the taycan, that mf so secksheee

This happened by me yesterday. 23 year old girl that was 8 months pregnant was killed with her drunk boyfriend driving. He was speeding and survived

I read this story yesterday. Just so sad man.

Car split in half and the lady was ejected from the car. The impact was so hard, her legs was found about 20 feet away from her body along with the unborn baby.

"She was found at the intersection," Assistant District Attorney Nicholas Agostino, The Post reported, told Judge Raja Rajeswari. "Her severed leg was found 20 feet past her body. Her unborn child, ripped from her body, was found 20 feet past her leg."

Any Audi owners ever have their car say “Audi side assist and exit warning see manual” or “parking aid malfunction obstacles cannot be detected”?

Mine has done it a few times and normally fixes itself. This time it did it this Sunday when driving past the area that the issue always pops up, but it has not fixed itself yet.

Any Audi owners ever have their car say “Audi side assist and exit warning see manual” or “parking aid malfunction obstacles cannot be detected”?

Mine has done it a few times and normally fixes itself. This time it did it this Sunday when driving past the area that the issue always pops up, but it has not fixed itself yet.

Works every time.

Fun Fact: "WD" stands for Water Displacement. Does not harm electronics. Does not harm paint.

Had to use WD40 on my front bumper sensors a couple of weeks ago. Sensors was nuclear whenever I would brake. Realized it was due to the heavy rain that day screwing up the sensors. Sprayed that WD40 and problem solved.

How long should I let the WD40 sit on it?

Works instantly. Same method as the video. Doesn't take much. Don't forget the sensors under the side mirrors.

If it doesn't work then you know the issue isn't water intrusion.

I'm thinking it's water intrusion due to it "fixing itself" because module malfunctions typically don't do that.

The next step would be a control module malfunction check using a decent scan tool / OBD.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 11.37.07 PM.png

finally copped a daily driver
main reason i got this truck was because of the 6.2 plus it has king shocks all around

highway driving was nice, was at 90mph hitting 1800rpm and computer (which is calibrated via handheld tuner for tire size +exhaust+intake) was showing 16mpg which i'm happy with

6.2L hitting 16 mpg @ 90mph :nerd::pimp:

Literally no intake carbon buildup. You must take very good care of the oil & filters.

What octane you using?

Intake carbon buildup? I have no clue about that tbh :nerd:

91 octane

Direct Injection​

The new EcoTec3 engines use direct fuel injection, which precisely meters fuel directly into the cylinders, to optimize combustion over a broad range of conditions. The engines also feature a new cylinder-head design and a new, sculpted piston to optimize the mixing of air and fuel in the engine and the burning of the mixture to create power.

The heads features smaller combustion chambers shaped to complement the unique topography of the piston heads. The smaller chamber size and sculpted pistons produce a compression ratio of 11.0:1 or higher, depending on the engine, while the heads features large, rectangular intake ports with a slight twist to enhance mixture motion.

To further enhance combustion, the intake and exhaust valve positions have been switched from previous versions, and the valves are now slightly canted toward the cylinder centerline. Also, the spark plug angle has been revised and the electrode is now closer to the center of the chamber to support optimal combustion.

The pistons feature unique sculpted topography that was optimized via extensive computer analysis to precisely direct the fuel spray for better mixing and more complete combustion. The contours of the piston heads are machined after casting to ensure dimensional accuracy – essential for precise control of mixture motion and the compression ratio.

Cylinder Deactivation​

Cylinder deactivation, also known as Active Fuel Management (AFM), is now standard on all three EcoTec3 engines. The 2014 Silverado and 2014 Sierra make the most of the technology, with improved engine mounts, electronic throttle control, adaptive exhaust systems, improved aerodynamics, low-rolling resistance tires, and other technologies that help the engines operate in four-cylinder mode for longer periods of time, further increasing efficiency.

“GM pioneered cylinder deactivation technology, and we consider it a great technology for improving the efficiency of full-size trucks,” said Lee.

The system uses oil pressure, controlled by the powertrain control module, to deactivate the lifters on selected cylinders, closing the valves for those cylinders. It deactivates four of the cylinders on the V-8 engines and two cylinders on the V-6 under light load conditions – operating the engines as a V-4 – and seamlessly reactivates the cylinders when the driver demands greater power. The transition takes less than 20 milliseconds and is virtually imperceptible.

“This is another great example of using a relatively simple mechanical system and powerful software to provide a real benefit to our customers,” said Lee

TLDR

Keep those intake valves clean!

I use Redline - the best on the market IMHO.

Last edited:
well the teslas are the most affordable when it comes to "luxury" ev IMO

personally if i had to get an ev it would be the taycan, that mf so secksheee

It's crazy as I just checked Manheim. 22 Plaid still going about 100k+ wholesale (actual sales through auctions). Taycan 4S isn't much more. A few in the $110K range. Yeah one was at $130 but it all depends on mileage and options. I drove a Taycan S and its AMAZING!!!

"She was found at the intersection," Assistant District Attorney Nicholas Agostino, The Post reported, told Judge Raja Rajeswari. "Her severed leg was found 20 feet past her body. Her unborn child, ripped from her body, was found 20 feet past her leg."

Why on earth did the Post need to write all that! I'm sorry, but they don't need to be THAT descriptive. My condolences to her family and I hope he burns in hell!!

Back
Top Bottom