Post your earliest sports memories

Feeling nostalgic, post your early sports memories here. I'll kick it off:

Still remember watching this game, my dad saying it was over in our living room. I wasn't even 8 I think. Classic game.

Similar situation maybe a year later, crazy finish. I remember it hitting higher off the backboard for some reason, still classic game

Craziest for last, I was AT THIS GAME. My dad made us walk out early but I was still watching from the stands as we left. Crazy ending, he would be dead a few months later :smh::frown:

download.jpg

paul-pierce-bathroom-main.jpg

historical.

My dad taking me to MSG to watch Jordan play in 95.
He got me a knicks hat and we went to Times Square right afterwards

Awesome memory

Wow at the Sean Elliot throwback. That’s one of my first memories too.

My first sports memory ever is MJ hitting the shot on Russell. I remember Elway hitting the helicopter too. And the Dirty Bird Falcons.

My first sports heartbreak was the tuck rule
My first sports are ****ing awesome moment was the Lakers/blazers game 7 in 2000. That ****ing alley oop man :pimp:

Last edited:
9BFB49A5-0B1D-47B1-8DA7-AE2E77976E48.jpeg

1995 Season AFC Championship Game

I was 5 years old sitting with pops rooting for our Colts. I remember the italian cold cut sandwiches mom made us vividly and I was sipping on my Sunny Delight. I remember Dad screaming Kordell was out of bounds and him on the edge of his recliner when Capt Comeback launched it in the end zone and for a moment him thinking it was caught.

How I remember what I was eating and drinking IDK, but that was the earliest sports memory I recall.

My dad taking me to my first live basketball game in 1994 between the Warriors and Blazers.

That was the moment I became a Warriors fan and experienced pain for over 20 years lol.

Well I'll be damned, someone actually made a new thread in S&T. :wow:

Earliest sports memory was maybe the 1984 summer Olympics. I spent the summer with my grandmother in England and I remember Daley Thompson being a big deal.

Probably the '94 Rangers in the playoffs, I was almost 7. I also remember the MLB strike that year so I would say those 2 were my earliest memories.

I remember John Elway being one of my first favorite QBs back in the day, and even though it happened in 1988, I saw highlights of the Washington Football Team blowing the doors off the Broncos in the SB years later. Probably 1993.

My dad taking me to my first live basketball game in 1994 between the Warriors and Blazers.

That was the moment I became a Warriors fan and experienced pain for over 20 years lol.

My first live NBA game was in January 1994 between the Warriors and Lakers.

Warriors had a nice squad that season.

But I remember watching the 1993 playoffs pretty well. The 8 seed Lakers going up 2-0 in Phoenix before dropping the next 3. I watched game 5 between the Clippers and Houston as well (rare occasion the Clippers got a NBA on NBC game)

Watching the draft lottery and Orlando getting the number 1 pick after barely missing the playoffs Shaq’s rookie year. I remember watching the Bulls Knicks and Bulls Suns games as well.

That 1993 playoffs got 8 year old me hooked on the NBA when I barely first started watching basketball.

Back
Top Bottom