Post your EDC (everyday carry).

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

So it's a big deal for a guy to carry a pocket knife now?

the reaction to it in this thread is very strange.
My grandpa carried a pocket knife every day of his life, my brothers do as well...

be it utility or protection.  I don't see what the problem is...
laugh.gif
Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the reaction too.  The pocket knife is for utility purposes, handgun for anything that would threaten my life.

keys
wallet
phone
paper towel/handkerchief in back pocket
about 50 cents in change in 5th pocket for homeless people I run across during the day

(optional) smith&wesson knife

these dudes not bout that life they pull out their knife/gun and STILL get they #%+ whooped

I also find it hilarious that dudes walk around with knives in their pockets.

I don't think anyone I have ever known has been a knife carrier. Interdesting.

I carry iPhone + Rugby card case (slim, holds 2 cards + ID) and keys. It is my life mission to have as little on me as possible at all times.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I carry iPhone + Rugby card case (slim, holds 2 cards + ID) and keys. It is my life mission to have as little on me as possible at all times.
hmmm...
Interesting you find it hilarious that some people in the world have walked around with knives for decades.

My dad and my grandpa have walked around with pocket knives ever since I could remember.

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

hmmm...
Interesting you find it hilarious that some people in the world have walked around with knives for decades.

My dad and my grandpa have walked around with pocket knives ever since I could remember.
I didn't mean that as a diss at all, I really meant it's very interesting to me, i.e. that norms can be so different in certain areas among people that have so much in common like NTers. 
Not coming at you knife carrying bros at all. 

iphone 4s
keys on a carabiner keychain
wallet
wrist watch (seiko diver or g-shock)
paracord bracelet
and yes i carry a pocket knife too
laugh.gif
(spyderco persistence)

Probably one of my favorite tumblrs http://everyday-carry.com/

Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness.

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

My grandpa carried a pocket knife every day of his life, my brothers do as well...

laugh.gif
Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the reaction too.  The pocket knife is for utility purposes, handgun for anything that would threaten my life.
I think it's more of why do you need a knife every single day? Like you take it to work, school, gym etc? Is it not enough to just have it around the house, your desk at work (if allowed?), backpack, car etc? I wouldn't want to carry a knife, already keep my keys in my left pocket, phone in my right.
I would understand more if you guys said you used it for protection rather than a utility.
ooIRON MANoo wrote:
I feel you bro. Opening packages, needing to cut a bag open, cut some twine or rope, opening plastic packages, cable ties, zip ties, basically just everyday stuff when you need to cut something. Nothing too crazy.
Not to be a **** either but you are cutting all these things at random times during the day, opening packages during the morning walk around the block?

I have knives/box cutters at home for these things, don't feel the need to carry them with me.  I do have box cutters in both my cars (supermarket/warehouse jobs 
laugh.gif
), in case of emergencies.

I just found it weird since I don't know anyone who carries a knife on the daily.  It's funny that the knife conversation took over the thread.
I'll take a pic of my stuff later, reminds me of  hypbeast.com where people show what's in their pockets.

Mytouch slide 4g
Blink 182 rubber bracelet
Livestrong rubber bracelet
Gold chain
My dads diamond ring(on my chain)
Chap stick
White owls
Keys w/ bottle opener
Wallet
Lighter
Lip ring
Pocket knife(was a boy scout, always carry it with me lol)

If I wasn't on probation, throw in some zig zag oranges, weed bottle, more rillos.Oh yeah, my sun glasses.

Coach Wallet

Car Keys

School ID Badge

Live-strong Bracelet

Wood Bead Bracelet my son made me.

G-Shock Watch 

Mophie Case/Phone charger

MacBook Pro 13''

Not in pic:

Oakley Sunglasses

Chapstick

Untitled by J_Perdomo, on Flickr

sup w/ everybody carrying condoms, doe...

yall getting it like that?

and where my motorcyclers at?

Originally Posted by ricky409

and where my motorcyclers at?

Sup?When riding, I'm not carrying much. License, credit card, keys, iPhone. Wear a watch too.

Originally Posted by blckmagc88

I see OP with the VCU id

You know it. You go there?

It's because people are threatened and scared of what's different. Either that, or they're just hating on it cause they're not doing it.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Lamest thread on Niketalk right here

And that's why read it and posted in it.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I think it's more of why do you need a knife every single day? Like you take it to work, school, gym etc? Is it not enough to just have it around the house, your desk at work (if allowed?), backpack, car etc? I wouldn't want to carry a knife, already keep my keys in my left pocket, phone in my right.
I would understand more if you guys said you used it for protection rather than a utility.

I have it on me to be prepared. I take it where I think I may need it. Everyday outings? Sure. Gym? Probably not. Let's say I'm chillin' with my friends and I need a knife. It's more convenient to have it on me rather than to go get it when needed. It's all about convenience. And you say for protection rather than a utility? If someone pulls a gun out on me, what the hell am I going to do with a knife?

I also like to use my knife when eating fruits like apples and such. A knife is a utility that can be used for a countless jobs. Not just stabbing or slicing people.

Samsung galaxy note
wallet
keys
chapstick
5 gum or orbit
watch and or bracelet.
I use to carry my knife, but recently misplaced it.
Lighter

Back
Top Bottom