Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

IMG_20190226_222329.jpg

2 random pick ups ..da nuggets one was so rare and random in that mid 90's color i ended up coppin da jersey online shortly after :lol:

In the spirit of throwback thursday thats tomorrow How many who is 30 and up remembers this gem from 2003-2004 of fitteds. What was we thinking the time

upload_2019-2-27_14-53-5.png

so what was the reason NE decided to place the logo on the side of all on-field MLB fitteds? I think I noticed that about 2 seasons ago, I find it to be an eyesore

More visibility. More branding. A bit selfish. But so is closing down their Derby, NY factory. 2016 playoffs it was introduced, so we've had two full seasons with it. They assumed no one knew who or where the on fields came from being unbranded and all. Nike, under armor, and Adidas have had side patches for their college on fields, so it was inevitable.

Fun fact, 2000ish, the ne flag was added to MiLB on fields.

Now NE doesn't want to be known only as a cap producer only. They are providing uniforms for the CFL. So don't be surprised to see China made new era shirts and apparrel very soon. I'm seeing some NBA and NFL new era shirts and designs out there.

Last edited:
They have done MLB apparel already, just a few years ago. It got discontinued.

Are they restarting it overseas?
No first hand knowledge.
I just know neweracap.com has a different selection than neweracap.co.uk
https://www.neweracap.com/search?q=Shirt:price-desc:type:APPAREL&page=0&scroll=toListing
Vs
https://www.neweracap.co.uk/clothing/?p=5&category=clothing&available=1

Lids has a small lineup of youth new era MLB shirts. Every press release I've seen in regards to their closing their main hat factory is a mention that they don't just want to be known as a hat maker, but a lifestyle brand.

I didn't even know they had a lineup of clothes before. I haven't really focused on any of that before.

https://www.wgrz.com/mobile/article...derby/71-49b85a74-53e9-48e2-b36e-3dd0e152957a
I also didn't know MLB sales alone were just 2% of sales. That can't be right. Seeing as how they will now not have their own plant, I feel a large chunk will come from the same factories Fanatics get all their gear. The difference between a Nike and new era MLB shirt will simply be a sleeve logo. The same 'hat' factory will also be pumping out cheap gear. It's inevitable.

Heads up. Retro classics are finally on sale at lids. $20 for the og retro classics. Not sure when the sale started but things are finally drying up. Maybe they realized they are approaching yr2 and haven't had the sales they wanted.

Stocked up on some wahoo and braves caps. So many inconsistencies with the others that I didn't go for them. Sticking with my guns here. Was contemplating a real Marlins and two tone Mariners but I've already bought them in the past and didn't find them great, so even at $20, many aren't worth it. Just a word of caution.

Been looking for a white Sox grey under for cheap. It's too bad the logo is tinney tiny on the retro classic. Only 4-5 out of the bunch are accurate, FYI.
-------
New Find last week. $12 impulse buy
6znb6r.jpg

It's a 2008 first year poly NYY on field. 100% poly. MUSA. Its crazy how rare made in USA Yankee on fields are. I see more made in chinas that I pass on. They go through so many, I think they had pushed their manufacturing overseas years ago. So this one's solid.

The fuzz is off the charts. The crown has few small dents in it. Its marked as pre-owned but not used. I sense it's been used but the size tags are still white and it doesn't smell.

What's unique about the 2008 era of Yankees on fields is that the batterman is still blue and red. 2009 and beyond it's been Navy blue and grey. I still need one of those.

What's unique about the 2008 era of Yankees on fields is that the batterman is still blue and red. 2009 and beyond it's been Navy blue and grey. I still need one of those.

2010 was the first year it fully rolled out, some 2009 hats made with the World Series patch came with the blue white red batter man. The jersey still had it up until 2010. The giant inaugural season logo incorporated a blue white and grey batter man logo so 2009 was sort of a soft launch of the newly colored logo that is still used presently.

Also I learned Yankees hats are made in Bangladesh, I'm not sure how the fit matches up with those made in China and the US nor do I have an idea if it attracts as much lint as the Chinese made ones.

2010 was the first year it fully rolled out, some 2009 hats made with the World Series patch came with the blue white red batter man. The jersey still had it up until 2010. The giant inaugural season logo incorporated a blue white and grey batter man logo so 2009 was sort of a soft launch of the newly colored logo that is still used presently.

Also I learned Yankees hats are made in Bangladesh, I'm not sure how the fit matches up with those made in China and the US nor do I have an idea if it attracts as much lint as the Chinese made ones.
Good catch. I spotted a Navy/red batterman with WS patch on eBay, which isn't entirely accurate.
I mention 2009 and beyond because 2009 saw the inaugural season patch mixed in with the batterman. I don't think it was so much of a soft launch as I believe was worn every game throughout the season.
newera-mlb-worldseries-09-59fifty-fitted001.jpg

It's not outside the realm for NE to use old stock for WS patch caps. In 2007-2008, When they did the grey under to black under switchover, the tigers have been known to have the 2007 patch show up on both eras of caps. The switchover happened in the off season. But they were still selling the WS patch caps through the 2008 season. In this case, they're using older 2008 era caps and adding a Ws patch.

mlb_a_yankeeswin09_668.jpg

I believe for accuracy sake, the team wore the 2009 inaugural patch all year long (with Navy/grey batterman) including the WS. So the other cap shouldn't exist. Atleast from a on field perspective

Last edited:
Good catch. I spotted a Navy/red batterman with WS patch on eBay, which isn't entirely accurate.
I mention 2009 and beyond because 2009 saw the inaugural season patch mixed in with the batterman. I don't think it was so much of a soft launch as I believe was worn every game throughout the season.
newera-mlb-worldseries-09-59fifty-fitted001.jpg

It's not outside the realm for NE to use old stock for WS patch caps. In 2007-2008, When they did the grey under to black under switchover, the tigers have been known to have the 2007 patch show up on both eras of caps. The switchover happened in the off season. But they were still selling the WS patch caps through the 2008 season. In this case, they're using older 2008 era caps and adding a Ws patch.

mlb_a_yankeeswin09_668.jpg

I believe for accuracy sake, the team wore the 2009 inaugural patch all year long (with Navy/grey batterman) including the WS. So the other cap shouldn't exist. Atleast from a on field perspective

You're right, the other 2009 World Series hats with the blue white red batter logo were being sold at retail spots, I never thought that that was probably the result of old stock being used, which makes sense looking back on it. That year was the first time I bought a New Era onfield made in China and the fit was terrible; a 7 3/8 fit more like a 7 5/8.

I try and go for Made in USA caps where possible, Yankee hats made in China tended to be lint magnets and the ones I tried that came from Bangladesh had a fit that closely matched those of caps from the USA but still felt tight on the forehead. Also I didn't want to chance getting another lint magnet hat.

I got like four of those 2009 WS hats. I loved them, the double logo on the hat was so nice. I bought like 5 total when they were on clearance at MLB Shop for like $10 a pop.

Lids has had their OG retro classics on sale for $20 for a week or two now. I hadnt seen the NYY rc in person so I took a chance. 99% to og spec.

5vramd.jpg

To get free shipping, they had some recent WS patch caps for $10. Got lucky on a 2018 red sox patch on field. MUSA with imported materials. Decent steal

Family shot.
2zh0i1v.jpg

Bottom left, a 2005 era raised NY Yankee on field. Bottom right, a 1996 era flat NY Yankee on field
Top, recent retro classics

The 96 had a bit smaller of a logo than when it became raises. The retro classic is a bit of both worlds here. It's flat but in the larger more common size form. Good stuff. Stock up people.

I gotta say, I picked up a few other retro classics and they all seem to be constructed a bit differently than when these first came out. Dare I say, the latest batches don't have the loose stitching, or glue stains, and the fit is not all over the place. They were finally getting it right, right before derby shuts down next week.

Last edited:
heads up.

Lids.com appears to have converted their website into fanatics. I know lids sold to fanzz a few months back, and fanatics bought a minority stake. No indications that this would be happening anywhere. Thousands of missing items.
------

In better news,
Macy's has 30% off all fan gear. Ebates has 3-6% cashbacks. Decent deals.

heads up.

Lids.com appears to have converted their website into fanatics. I know lids sold to fanzz a few months back, and fanatics bought a minority stake. No indications that this would be happening anywhere. Thousands of missing items.
------

In better news,
Macy's has 30% off all fan gear. Ebates has 3-6% cashbacks. Decent deals.

Wow it seems like they barely have any ‘47 hats anymore.

Anything remotely exclusive/custom is not there either. It's to be seen if lids will get their inventory back online. Right now we're just seeing the fanatics/mlbshop/fansedge generic setup, which is the new lids home base. But maybe that's the new norm. Social media is a bit of a ghost town.

I like this comment on their twitter
----
So you have time to post about sports but not a massive over haul change to your site, rewards program, inventory, and store policies... Hmmm
------

Lots of people had quite a bit of rewards built up. Some are saying it can be redeemed now, but only in store. And now with derby new era closing up in 11 days, it's a bit of a downer.

That lids markie guys is saying exclusives will be in store only. My.shop is a hole in the wall and has 6 sz 8s total. They're going back to brick and mortar 1980s with this lack of variety. Beyond questionable decision making.

Last edited:
SMH, just went on the site. A lot of stock missing, a lot sale items went back up in price. Lids was pretty much the last website left that still had deals.

So basically Lids.com is now Fanatics but the actual Lids stores will still have different prices and stock? This is ****in dumb.

Lids had a lot of good deals on MLB fitted the last 2-3 months.

Last edited:
Man, Lids Canada doesn’t even have mlb on the website. Nothing mlb related. There’s only nfl, nba, and nhl merchandise

They are really pushing local lids store visits. Crazy. Is this 1997?

When asked about jerseys and apparrel, they said they'd have to visit locker room by lids.

My lids is the size of a child's bed room with average to terrible selection

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom