Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

People still buying fitteds? Their loss I guess

A great August is coming to a close
48650568702_f631fec5a5_k_d.jpg

1993 Cleveland Indians on field. Musa. Grey under. Wool
2001 Cleveland Indians BP. Musa. Black under . Poly
2003 Minnesota Twins on field with 9/11 patch. Musa. Grey under. Wool
2006 Boston Red Sox on field. Musa. Grey under. Wool
2006 Oakland Athletics on field. Musa. Grey under. Wool.
2008 Atlanta braves on field. Musa. Black under. Poly
(2) 2012-2015 Atlanta braves on field. Musa. Black under. Poly
2008 Milwaukee brewers on field. Musa. Black under. Poly.

48650065838_21c9ac07e7_k_d.jpg

This 1993 Indians has a unique wahoo. It has a bit of a navy blue outline and thicker black stitching all around. The earlier wahoos are usually much cleaner looking.

48650428066_8eab8c9ede_k_d.jpg

This 2001 BP cap is actually more of a blue navy than dark navy.

48650568432_9419c17759_k_d.jpg

The earlier flag design is quite unique

48650427711_e8cd82d043_k_d.jpg

Can’t beat musa grey under wool

48650427516_6c8f2849f1_k_d.jpg

Final haul.

None of that flagged overseas garbage.

Couple new finds

Shout out to a fellow NT member for the small wahoo hookup.
48708185458_a59cc9f106_o_d.jpg

2017 era Cleveland Indians on field. Flagged. Black under. 100% poly. MUSA with imported materials. Decent build. Fits a bit big, which works for me. Just a tiny bit of fuzz on the crown. I'll turn this into a beater cap quickly. No regrets

-2001 era Cleveland Indians on field. MUSA. Grey under. 100% wool. Such a better fit and more fuzz and perfection comparing the two.

- 2008-2012 Kansas City Royals on field. 100% poly. Black under. MUSA. Super soft fuzzy crown. Great era of caps right there. One of the first teams to do powder blue, before this year's recent reintroduction.

- 2006 era Texas rangers Cooperstown collection cap (based off of their original 1972-1985 design).. No flag. No batterman. Green under. 100% wool. MUSA. I love the Cooperstown caps prior to NE adding the side flag, and moving production to China around 2007. This one has a flat logo and just so very close to being historically perfect. The new Cooperstown caps are close to being trash.

Pretty much got three of these for the cost of one new on field cap. And considering the meek mill made in China crap above is eBaying for $60-$100, I just don’t know what to say. I’ll let them like their stuff and I’ll continue with these steals. They’re buying one cap. I’m buying 6-8 for the same price.

Last edited:
not all China made New era hats are crappy, I have enough of a sample size that determined that a long time ago.

I also have a solid sample size. They do get a bad reputation. But for $50+, I'm not even touching MUSA diamond collection grey unders. So the aftermarket price for not just a new era, but one made elsewhere, is where my focus is. Price is a joke for what you get.

Generally speaking though, there's small things that all add up to an inferior product for overseas made products. Poly/wool material has never been on par with typical Musa. The sweatbands are consistently thinner and add to some discomfort. Crown height and stiffness has always been an issue. There's no comparing the two really. I wouldn't drop retail but I generally don't mind an overseas cap all too much. I can vouch for many of retro custom caps.

Funny, I saw someone compare one of this years supposed MUSA caps on Twitter. It has all the same components as a made in China cap. The white sweatband sizing band used to vary from MUSA to made overseas. That was one true indicator that the cap was made where it said it was. I wouldn't even doubt that the cap itself is made overseas and the MUSA tag is just thrown on elsewhere.

Now we have to remember. New era and MLB has an agreement that players caps have to be made in the USA. Derby used to do all components here. Soon, the poly crown and Bill had overseas materials. But atleast the threading, threads, and inner workings were MUSA. Now with the latest Twitter post, the entire caps parts and pieces are from overseas. It's supposedly still put together here. But who really knows.

Hahahaha Hahahaha , that site has FSRs of random year caps. Many NFL on fields didn't even come in those sizes. 7 7/8 is a super rarity for NFL, if not impossible. Yet every cap, they have a FSR? Super fake.

Screenshot_20190918-145614_Samsung Internet.jpg
I hate lids I'm not renewing my membership when it expires

I got one in my cart right now, trying to decide now. $50 for a fitted is crazy.

I tried like four different sites, basically all under Fanatics. None allow codes.

I can't do the $50 for a fitted, especially when half the time they fit like ****.

I'll just keep checking for the next few weeks. Hopefully the one I want is still there.

Last edited:

league is becoming SAWFT

garrett reaction :rofl::rofl:

I got one in my cart right now, trying to decide now. $50 for a fitted is crazy.

I tried like four different sites, basically all under Fanatics. None allow codes.

I can't do the $50 for a fitted, especially when half the time they fit like ****.

I'll just keep checking for the next few weeks. Hopefully the one I want is still there.

qft. Im not dropping $50 on a fitted. I'd wait it out, maybe even buy a used one on ebay or other 2nd hand sites/apps.
I have a hard time spending $30 on a new fitted. $50 ? no way

Fanatics is by far worse they charge 7.99 shipping wanted to grab 2 hats with this 30% off code didn't mind the price but the shipping just pushed overboard

You tried a Dr Pepper code? I carted the cap and my code worked on it

FF85AC9F-4963-4725-AA1F-4FF86AAB06EE.png

Damn, where and how do I get this code? I need one ASAP

Dr Pepper and fanatics have been running 30% off for the last three years around September through January.

Text “football” to 21688. Youll get a link and follow the instructions. Go to your local grocery store and take one picture with two bar codes from Dr Pepper 20oz bottles and send it in. Or you can buy the two bottles if you drink Dr Pepper but I don’t soI just take the picture and leave. Can take a few hours or up to 24 hours for you to get the code.

Code you get has minimal restrictions. I also joined shoprunner through the fanatics site to get two day free shipping.

Dr Pepper and fanatics have been running 30% off for the last three years around September through January.

Text “football” to 21688. Youll get a link and follow the instructions. Go to your local grocery store and take one picture with two bar codes from Dr Pepper 20oz bottles and send it in. Or you can buy the two bottles if you drink Dr Pepper but I don’t soI just take the picture and leave. Can take a few hours or up to 24 hours for you to get the code.

Code you get has minimal restrictions. I also joined shoprunner through the fanatics site to get two day free shipping.

Went to the store, code came back in like 30 seconds. Just grabbed two hats with the shop runner shipping. $65 shipped for both ain't too bad.

Damn, just seen Macy’s restocked this other fitted I want. How often they do sales?

Last edited:
luisfigo luisfigo Never thought about using those dp codes on fitted caps. Good info. Just as I get some codes, the caps I want, they don't have my size anymore.

The hits keep coming. Some caps I've waited years to find. And then a surplus just happens within days of each other.
48784929836_72d233cee1_k_d.jpg

2006 New York Yankees on field. Wool. MUSA. Grey under.
2001 era Cleveland Indians on field. Wool. MUSA. Grey under
1999 era Cleveland Indians on field. Wool. MUSA. Grey under.
2007 Cleveland Indians on field. Road with silver outline. Poly. MUSA. Black under.

48784563473_78f4548a42_k_d.jpg

48784929476_b2946e59d2_k_d.jpg

48785090612_3afb0a14b9_k_d.jpg

I didn't realize the late wool era had an authentic collection tag. It's the first I've seen. Nothing too special about it. Saw this one sitting for months at $25 shipped. I offered a bit less and got it. People are slacking out there.

This last one was a nice steal. Seller marked it as faded under the sticker. I had a hunch it was just dirty.
48784564748_4c084947a5_k_d.jpg

Left side lightly cleaned with a wet wash cloth. I'll throw this into rotation asap.

Info on shrinking a fitted?

Trying to get a 3/4 to 5/8ish or as close as possible.

Thanks

Info on shrinking a fitted?

Trying to get a 3/4 to 5/8ish or as close as possible.

Thanks
Some say lightly dampen the hat and throw it in a hot car.

I bought a yard of felt at the fabric store and just cut some down to strips, and added it to the inside of the sweatband.

Officially, they have these hat reducer products
upload_2019-9-23_18-52-50.jpeg

It's really just weatherseal product you see on Windows and doors.

Would you guys rather buy a hat a little too large or a little too small? I just got a hat stretcher for a hat that disappeared when lids.com turned to *** and my local lids closed down. When I was finally able to locate the hat they only had 1 left and it was a size small. Stretcher is decent but shrinks back a bit after coming off for a few days

Back
Top Bottom