Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Some manager or employee said no trying on hats at the store even though there were mirrors on the wall of hats. Should I file a complaint to corporate?

Most likely be a slap on the wrist. You call corporate and corporate will contact the district manager. Should have called them on the spot at least. As a former manager I let everybody try on hats. Only time I would question them if they are sweaty but will have paper towels on deck if they wanted to try them on.

Most likely be a slap on the wrist. You call corporate and corporate will contact the district manager. Should have called them on the spot at least. As a former manager I let everybody try on hats. Only time I would question them if they are sweaty but will have paper towels on deck if they wanted to try them on.
I looked up this store on Yelp. They have a history of enforcing this made up rule and bad customer service in general. They are probably losing a lot of business.

Some holiday pick ups
1D8D2966-99A0-431D-9573-7888975DEAFF.jpeg

2012 era Detroit tigers on field. Ws patch. Musa. Poly. Greatness right here
And then we have some duds
HC has gone from being the pinnacle of craftsmanship and quality , to absolute below mediocre (with a major price increease in tow).

The angels is made in China and puts the M twins to shame.
The other, a two tone M Twins is made in Bangladesh. Man oh man is this one just sloppy and slick and just all around bad. Photos don't do it it's injustice.

I've been waiting 6-8 years for a two tone M twins to return
39C0D3A4-7BBC-4337-824A-95C5613935DE.jpeg

It doesn't help that they are using the smaller sized M (which has never been used in any real situation ever). The smaller M is the same logo seen on the retro classic

4E54F0DF-F3C2-42D9-975C-027A573950ED.jpeg

Here's a prior HC exclusive side by side. The whole look is off IMHO.

I was the guinea pig and am disappointed. Made in China is the new MUSA. Bangladesh, the first I've ever seen first hand is just horrific. Flimsy wonky materials. The crown and fit are just surreal in the worst possible way.

Not trying to be dramatic but it's bad guys. Stay away from HC.

I had these two designs on my radar for years. The Chinese made Angels has a decent fit and crown. It really is the new USA. Bangladesh is beyond bad. I'll try to get more photos up.

Yeah man. Super trash quality for an extra high up charge. I had those two last caps on my radar. I don't think I'll be returning them. I can work with the fit and look.

Biggest grip is with the Bangladesh cap.
I mean it looks like a fitted but it doesn't act or feel like one. It fits about two sizes too big. The edges above your head stick out weird. If you can stay away from Bangladesh, it may be alright to continue buying from them. But I won't take those chances.

Yeah man. Super trash quality for an extra high up charge. I had those two last caps on my radar. I don't think I'll be returning them. I can work with the fit and look.

Biggest grip is with the Bangladesh cap.
I mean it looks like a fitted but it doesn't act or feel like one. It fits about two sizes too big. The edges above your head stick out weird. If you can stay away from Bangladesh, it may be alright to continue buying from them. But I won't take those chances.

I have noticed a pretty big change in quality over the years and I don't really pay much attention to where they're made anymore. At the end of the day, I just want the hat/colorway.

But I do respect the attention you put towards where they're made and all the differences in production from each country though.

^what team? I’ll see what I have

sad times guys. It’s new eras 100th birthday this year

a few happy go lucky articles

I remember growing up and seeing the huge wall of on fields caps. Such quality. Such greatness. Today’s made overseas caps are a sad fall from prominence.

I remember growing up and seeing the huge wall of on fields caps. Such quality. Such greatness. Today’s made overseas caps are a sad fall from prominence.
Out of all my new era hats I must say the usa made ones fit way better than the made in China and a good read

Sizing is beyond atrocious right now. How can I fit into a 7 5/8 and a sz 8? That's four size ranges.

This would be unacceptable in shoe form or even t-shirts. But I've seen Fanatics mess up on sizing lately.

Older USA caps tend to fit smaller and true to size. These latest HC caps, I feel I can buy two sizes small and still come out okay. The older caps had some variation. But out of 10 caps, 7 would be perfect. Right now, we may have 1 that's good and 9 that are trash

Oh and the price is $42 now. Congrats.

For new eras 100th, the fanfare should be much more. But it goes to show how far down they've gotten. I'm.glad people have seen through the bad quality and simply reduced their buying.

Sizing is beyond atrocious right now. How can I fit into a 7 5/8 and a sz 8? That's four size ranges.

This would be unacceptable in shoe form or even t-shirts. But I've seen Fanatics mess up on sizing lately.

Older USA caps tend to fit smaller and true to size. These latest HC caps, I feel I can buy two sizes small and still come out okay. The older caps had some variation. But out of 10 caps, 7 would be perfect. Right now, we may have 1 that's good and 9 that are trash

Oh and the price is $42 now. Congrats.

For new eras 100th, the fanfare should be much more. But it goes to show how far down they've gotten. I'm.glad people have seen through the bad quality and simply reduced their buying.
I hate that fanatics took over lids n prices kept me away

It's sad that the newer caps are never on sale. Maybe I'm doing something wrong as far as memberships or discounts. $39.99 plus shipping and possibly taxes is way outside the normal realm for cap prices. I remember when retail was $32 and we could use coupons to get use down to $25/on field. Now it's basically $50 for stiff cardboard. I'd drop $50 if quality was solid but even that's not good. It's a double shot to the balls for cap buyers/collectors

Pretty cool article. I’m kind of looking forward to checking out this museum I’ve read about them opening sometime this year.

Lids got 20% off with code fitted but if you are a member you get 20 off with the code they send you every month what is the purpose of being a member

Lids got 20% off with code fitted but if you are a member you get 20 off with the code they send you every month what is the purpose of being a member
Any of those apply to new releases? I’m trying to wiggle my way through a new MB brewers cap without the crazy up charge. It took me 3-5 months to find a two tone Indians block C cap for below retail. Yet I can find grey unders from 17 years back for $16 shipped. What a odd time to be a wearer/collector.

Any of those apply to new releases? I’m trying to wiggle my way through a new MB brewers cap without the crazy up charge. It took me 3-5 months to find a two tone Indians block C cap for below retail. Yet I can find grey unders from 17 years back for $16 shipped. What a odd time to be a wearer/collector.
You might have to try cause I remember they had some exclusive hats that wouldn't accept the code but all new hats before fanatics took were a go on the discount

Does Lids have any rules when customizing New Eras?

I'm trying to make my own version of these....

Does Lids have any rules when customizing New Eras?

I'm trying to make my own version of these....

I don't know if they even have the files to do that there.

Might be possible if you can get the logos converted to .svg (if that's what they use), and know someone there?

Back
Top Bottom