Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

because their brick and mortar stores no longer reflect their online inventory...its like Lids in name only...

you used to be able to go to lids online and have a great idea on what's in da store... that's no longer the case now.
What is this, 1995? Pre internet days. I haven't stepped foot in a lids in years (only for a few returns). The selection was beyond horrid, with maybe just 2-3 styles that would now constitute 'local'. Definitely not worth a drive, and walk through a mall. Do they still have the membership and such? They owed me like $10 from their switch over.

Searching by size is an absolute mess but it's possible

Do a vague search for HAT. Then select hats from the filter. Then you have to select new era through another filter area. Let that populate. Then find fitted hat style. Then find men's category. At that point, sizing should populate on the filter screen.

What yall do with all your old hats reason I ask been collecting since 2012 and I got 3 bags full 2 old 1 bag of new hats do yall donate them or just throw them away

What yall do with all your old hats reason I ask been collecting since 2012 and I got 3 bags full 2 old 1 bag of new hats do yall donate them or just throw them away
What do you mean old? Cooked? I don’t really have old hats just like kicks I keep em all

I have favorites that turn into beater caps. Many I'll do yard work or exercise in. They basically get mushy and soft and smell. I have a pile of about 10 that I can’t quite throw away.

I have seen some beaters get sold on eBay for decent prices. So that’s a possibility. Not a lot is selling well though. It’s still a buyers market.

Now barely used or new older caps, sell sell sell.

What is this, 1995? Pre internet days. I haven't stepped foot in a lids in years (only for a few returns). The selection was beyond horrid, with maybe just 2-3 styles that would now constitute 'local'. Definitely not worth a drive, and walk through a mall. Do they still have the membership and such? They owed me like $10 from their switch over.

Searching by size is an absolute mess but it's possible

Do a vague search for HAT. Then select hats from the filter. Then you have to select new era through another filter area. Let that populate. Then find fitted hat style. Then find men's category. At that point, sizing should populate on the filter screen.

aka its a cluster eff.

and idk where u live, but Lids in NYC were always legit.

and their stock locate abilities were Footlocker good.

all my old fitteds are still wearable and crispy.

buying them oversized means da you don't sweat in them because air vents in and around..

my entire pinwheel portion of collection from many many moons ago i could whip em out today and wear.

i store all my fitteds in da new era shipment boxes.

:sick:

do u buy your fitteds snug or u cop em wit space?
Why the dirty face? You don't own any beater items? Just freshness all the time?
I have a variety of both snug, and a bit loose. I also live where it's sunny 300 days out of the year and it's consistently high 90s in the summer, so sweating through any cap is 100% going to happen, snug or loose.

Older wools don't have much breathability, plus the white sweatband can get dirty and stays dirty even after just one wear. There's no going back.

At he a certain point, just like with shoes; there's only so much you can do to save an item from turning. I think we all have beater shoes and beat up hats. I'll never understand a person who has only fresh items at all times. I have some favorites I'll wear 3 times a week and before you know it, it has turned. I have enough caps to wear a new one every day of the year. But that's not the point always.

Why the dirty face? You don't own any beater items? Just freshness all the time?

remember beaters means u beat em to death basically...when i was younger i figured out if u buy em bigger they maintain they're original shape and last forever.

fitteds? definitely its all crispy..i got older kicks but thats more outta your hands, especially in da hands of time.

as long as you buy fitteds with space so you won't sweat in em, have a good rotation, they literally last forever and in arguably NDS shape.

I also live where it's sunny 300 days out of the year and it's consistently high 90s in the summer, so sweating through any cap is 100% going to happen, snug or loose.

another thing that helps is rocking a durag under...works like a sock in hot weather...so instead of sweating like rocking kicks barefoot, you'll moderate it wit socks.

Just asked them if recently if we’d see this one again.Grail for me, even though we lost the series :smh:
7FC0A451-A0C4-450E-A0B8-2F97D60585C7.jpeg

Just asked them if recently if we’d see this one again.Grail for me, even though we lost the series :smh:
7FC0A451-A0C4-450E-A0B8-2F97D60585C7.jpeg

those been floating around NYC forever. ever since da indie shops saw patches were in demand, da Mets 2000 worldseries joint always been available.

there was this one year every single Yankee champion fitted was retroed myshirtsco had em all....i felt coppin those are a lil overkill thou :lol:

I can't even find Sacramento Kings Fitted in 8 for nothing and North Carolina Tar Heels Fitted in 8 either. which is tough.

those been floating around NYC forever. ever since da indie shops saw patches were in demand, da Mets 2000 worldseries joint always been available.

there was this one year every single Yankee champion fitted was retroed myshirtsco had em all....i felt coppin those are a lil overkill thou :lol:
Can’t lie I haven’t set foot in a physical store in a minute :lol:

Stickler alert

Man. That WS 2000 patch is wrong. Sad that they’ve never gotten it right. I can’t buy a replica knowing they don’t give a crap about details. Oh, and you’re dropping $45 a cap now for them. Plus many are now forced to position their patch on the right so the tonal flag has a place on the left.

A few others have mentioned it over the years. I too, don’t really like patches on the side of caps. One would think they’re worth more. But they’re not.

totally not a fan of logos thst didn’t really exist during in game functions

for The Mets/Yankees 2000 caps. Here’s what’s wrong/different
images

There’s no sweeping baseball logo up top, and you’re 2000 wording needs to be orange and bigger.

total pet peeve. That’s why I tend to like the regular customs. You can’t get much wrong when you lessen the parameters.

Back
Top Bottom