Post your scam encounters Vol. You just won $9,000,000,000 in the Nigerian Lotto!

Ok so I put a listing on eBay for my iPhone 2g with a completely busted up screen. I've seen them go for $200 so I set the reserve/BIN at $150.

I got an email (I always put my address in the listing) from a buyer offering way more than I asked for:

Hey,
Its nice inquiring about the item placed by you just want to
know if the item still available for sale ???i will like to buy the
item from you and i will be paying you $500.00 USD for the item
including the shipment fee to my cousin in abroad so i will be paying
through PayPal so kindly get back to me with your PayPal email so i
can get you paid immediately..
Waiting to read from you.

Edit: Post your scam stories

laugh.gif
nvm I just got one tryin to get it sent to Nigeria for $400. How can they scam thru Paypal and ebay?

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

laugh.gif
nvm I just got one tryin to get it sent to Nigeria for $400. How can they scam thru Paypal and ebay?

They work directly with them to scam you. Nah im just kidding.

And now it seems like it's too late to take my email off the listing. I haven't sold in like 4 years and I always put it up without problem...now theseguys are flooding the inbox. Nigerians puttin in work
laugh.gif

its a scam but when i sold my iphones someone emailed me through ebay and offered to come up from NJ to buy them cash and he did and i closed the auction. noseller fees ftw

Ok so I put a listing on eBay for my iPhone 2g with a completely busted up screen. I've seen them go for $200 so I set the reserve/BIN at $150.

I got an email (I always put my address in the listing) from a buyer offering way more than I asked for:

Hey,
Its nice inquiring about the item placed by you just want to
know if the item still available for sale ???i will like to buy the
item from you and i will be paying you $500.00 USD for the item
including the shipment fee to my cousin in abroad so i will be paying
through PayPal so kindly get back to me with your PayPal email so i
can get you paid immediately..
Waiting to read from you.

I'm 99% sure this is some kind of scam
Have him send you the money...........send him something like an old piece of electronics and say that it is a tracking device to see where thebox actually ends up and he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law to scare the piss out of him.............Oh yea.............dont take the moneyout of your paypal account if he does send it.

its a scam bro ,ive had some 403 guys try to scam me like this.what they do is ask you for your email address and then send you a fake paypal email which has alink to there fake account they set up. dont fall for it.

laugh.gif
yea.
if it sounds too good to be true...

that's like the price of a new iphone

but youre selling a completely busted screen? and is anyone buying that thing?

Somebody offers you that much for a broken phone and you have to question if its a scam or not?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
they tried to scam me last year for my viotechs....the person is going to send u a link to a fake paypal page that says the money has been sent but inorder for it to reflect in your paypal balance u have to enter the tracking #..

same thing happened to me last year when I was trying to sell my PS2.
put up an auction and within a day it ended with the buy it now and they wanted me to send it to Nigeria.
put up another auction and the same damn thing happened. I was heated..

-J-

Originally Posted by selrahc123

Somebody offers you that much for a broken phone and you have to question if its a scam or not?

Look on ebay...2g iPhones are going for as much as a brand new 3g for some reason, even with the busted screen.

Back
Top Bottom