Post your timeline of favorite players

After Shawn Marion was traded I'm currently debating who my new favorite NBA player will be...or if I should stick with Trix even though he is with adifferent team - that really wouldn't seem right though.

That got me thinking about who my favorite players have been through the years.

My first memories of the Suns date back to the early 80's. I attended Maurice Lucas basketball camp so he was my favorite player back in the day
Maurice-Lucas-(1982-85).jpg

He was traded in 1985 so I had to pick another player. I chose Larry Nance. I really liked watching him play and he won the dunk contest in 1984...which as a 7year old I thought was really cool.
Larry-Nance-(1981-88).jpg

When he was traded in 1988 I was devistated. I didn't know who to pick. The rest of that season I didn't have a favorite player...however, I figuredthat if the Suns traded Larry Nance for this Kevin Johnson dude, I guess I could grow to like him.
PHOTO_951085_9952_1626934_main.jpg

In the meantime, we got Charles Barkley. Any Suns fan had to love Sir Charles...so during his four year stay in PHX he shared the honors with KJ
Charles%20Barkley%20(1992-96).jpg

As KJ retired I had to pick a new guy - and it was lucky that Penny Hardaway came to Phx. I had always been a Penny fan from his days at Memphis State so itwas a natural fit.
Anfernee-Hardaway-(1999-2004).jpg

After Penny got traded I needed to decide on a new player. I had liked Shawn Marion's game since he was a rookie, and he was becoming a star at this point.Plus, he was a client where I worked at the time so I had met him on a few occasions - so he was my pick.
dec05_051209_marion.jpg

Now that Matrix is gone...I'm torn. I don't know who I should pick.
Amare would be the trendy pick, but I also was thinking about Barbosa. I really like his game, and he seems like a nice guy off the court. Plus, he's fromBrazil and I have some family there.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Amare would be the trendy pick, but I also was thinking about Barbosa.

indifferent.gif
Are you trying to marry them? Who the +$%@ goes out of theirway to pick a favorite player?

grant hill and tim hardaway in the mid 90s, stockton and jason williams in the late 90s, dwayne wade his first 2 years in the L, Kobe, Sean Taylor and Vickever since then

from when i started to understand bball...i think it goes like this for me
1993-1995: Penny and Shaq. As a youngin (like 5-7 years old) was a huge Magic fan and I was devestated when they lost to the Rockets in the Finals.
256902.jpg

1995-96: Started to follow the Warriors more, stopped caring for the Magic but I was still a Penny fan. So, Latrell Sprewell, and Penny.
240598.jpg

1999: Antawn Jamison
url

2001-Present: Jason Richardson
pimp.gif

j-rich.jpg

And from the way things are looking, Monta Ellis may soon be my favorite player, but J-Rich will be hard to supplant because of the passion, dedication andperseverence he brought to the Warriors.

Eric%20Cantona%20(2).jpg

THE KING, nuff said.

7.jpg

Yes, been a fan ever since they had not grown their beard...

_40857932_kean_haaland300.jpg

Leader of all warriors...

Now, too many young stars.. Arrogant too, hard to pick one..

Well, when I think back to my childhood, the only favorite player that comes to mind in the NBA is Isiah Thomas.

The next favorite player I remember having is Chris Webber with those awesome Sacramento teams. Basically, unless you were a Lakers fans, there's really noway you couldn't like them. Webber was just the ultimate all-around player to me.

Around the same time, I fell in love in Iverson. To this day, the only NBA jersey I've ever owned was the royal blue Sixers alternate of his. It didn'ttake me long to realize that he shot too much, passed too little, and turned the ball over too often; all of which are things I really value. That's whyI'm so critical of him these days, I guess. He still has a place in my heart, but I always clown on him.
laugh.gif

Webber remained a favorite player, and that's when we get to some of my current favorite players:

Stromile Swift
Kyle Korver
Chris Andersen
Chris Paul

So, there was a huge gap between Isiah and Webber where I really didn't pay a lot of attention to the NBA. I really didn't when I liked Isiah either,but I recognized that that was how you were suppose to play basketball. That probably has a lot to do with why I hold Chris Paul in such high regard today.

I tried to play like Iverson when I liked him, but then I realized being six feet tall in middle school and into high school wasn't all that beneficial foran Iverson-like game. Plus, I just wasn't all that good.
laugh.gif
That's when I started playing like Stromile Swift/Chris Andersen; above the rim, rebounding and blocking shots, zero offense.
laugh.gif
Where Korver came in, I don't really know. I followed him in college andalways thought I kind of looked like him.
laugh.gif
I never was even a decentshooter, so I guess he was more of a player I wanted to play like rather than actually playing like him.

Present day, at 6'3", 225, my game is totally a Thomas/Webber/Iverson/Swift/Korver/Andersen/Paul hybrid.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm done typing now; I know none of y'all care about any of that.
laugh.gif

moz-screenshot-22.jpg
moz-screenshot-23.jpg
moz-screenshot-24.jpg
289556.jpg

1497516.jpg

Now it still is Baron Davis and I support any success he games with the Warriors, but I also still support my Hornets..
rockets_hornets_basketball.sff_ful.jpg

Fav players outside of the Hornets today to watch.. Mike Conley, Rudy Gay, Chris Bosh... But, Too Easy and CP3 first..

Die hard Kings fan here, been with these guys through the bad, good, and now bad again times!
Reggie Theus
2u7vkf6.jpg

Wayman Tisdale (dude was WET in NBA Jam)
qpjj1s.jpg

Bobby Hurley (such a shame he got in the car accident)
2h55hyb.jpg

Mitch Richmond (My favorite all time player)
of3n7m.jpg

Mike Bibby (in the glory days)
dzcs93.jpg

Brad Miller (Currently)
oizk1v.jpg

throughout the 90s it was MJ bar none, the same as most NTers. then, in order:

Steve Francis
AI
Kobe

right now, i still like watching AI and guys like Kobe, gilbert arenas, wade, lebron etc

as far as "picking" favorite players. i've never said, "ok ______ is going to be my new favorite player," they kinda just grow on me.

baseball:

collage2.jpg

299642.jpg

ebeu74.jpg

boone_zoom.jpg

295y7vr.jpg

t1_josh_hamilton.jpg

90's

Basketball

MJ
Shaq
Barkley
CWebb

Football

Barry Sanders
Darrell Green
Warren Sapp

2000's

Basketball[/b]
Tracy McGrady
KG
Lebron James
Eric Gordon

Football

LaVar Arrington
Sean Taylor RIP
Julius Peppers
Ladanian Tomlison
Chris Cooley
Peyton Manning
Chad Johnson

It all started in the early 90's. I was devastated when Chicago gave him up in the expansion draft
smh.gif

2pobk2r.jpg

Since then 2 I've only held two particular PG's to higher regards, regardless of career successes...

Mike_Bibby.jpg

p1.tony.parker.si.jpg

Football:

Marshall Faulk
Prime
Petey
Tay Cody
Warrick Dunn

Basketball:
Penny
Melo
Baron