Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Kush & OJ is one of the best mixtapes ever. Is that an unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by CJ863

-Big Sean is one of the wackest artists to release in the past decade, I'm talking his music, persona, style the whole nine.
-Yellow Album is boring and Dom hasn't put out anything non coaster worthy since Westside 1, with the exception of a few songs on OGDK
-Can't figure out why y'all love Kendrick so much for the life of me
-Jet World Order > Stoned immaculate
- ASAP is in the loop with Big Sean to me, wack as sin good lord.

feelin you on all these...no ayo

Originally Posted by Matt53

-Big Sean is one of the wackest artists to release in the past decade, I'm talking his music, persona, style the whole nine.
-Yellow Album is boring and Dom hasn't put out anything non coaster worthy since Westside 1, with the exception of a few songs on OGDK
-Can't figure out why y'all love Kendrick so much for the life of me
-Jet World Order > Stoned immaculate
- ASAP is in the loop with Big Sean to me, wack as sin good lord.

feelin you on all these...no ayo

Completely disagree on you about big sean
Agree with you about Dom, A$AP, and kind of Kendrick, even though he has some really good pieces to me that are worth listening to

And Jet world Order
pimp.gif

Jay-Z is uncharismatic and stupid boring. I will never understand why people like that dude the way they do. I hate the way he thinks he's too good to write. I find that hella disrespectful to rap music. Who does he think he is thinking his 1st take is perfect.
2pac is overrated as a rapper. Interviews of his make me really think he was gay. Gay as in he got down with males sexually not as in he was a wack rapper even though he was imo.

Jay-Z is talented but overrated. He doesn't have one album that I don't skip at least two songs. EVERY album of his has at least 2-4 songs that are TERRIBLE.

THIS.
Also, not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I thoroughly enjoyed 808s & Heartbreak.

indifferent.gif
 at whoever said they thought Tupac was gay by watching an interview.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang
I agree about Immortal x 1000 i got Violent by design by Jedi but haven't really gotten into them otherwise, any album suggestions?
Its funny because I used to listen to alot of both of them, and now I cant help but feel like Immortal Technique is vastly OVERRATED. �I feel like he is just good for shock value. �I liked watching him on those old battle shows on the public access network, but I cant get jiggy with him anymore.
I feel like the High and Mighty and Alcoholiks get lost in the shuffle when talking about great hip hop groups
You could say that I see where you're coming from with that a lot of his songs he says a lot of outrageous stuff , but then again there are those songs where he doesn't do that so much . Peep the Martyr album . Give the Martyr a chance is pretty underrated not a lot of people talk about it, and IT released it for free on his site . I honestly like most of IT's music but I can see where one would view him in such a way .

http://www.immortaltechni...-Album-OUT-OCT-27TH-TOUR

Geto Boys are the best group to come out of the South.

I think Webbie would be better just talking on his records rather than rapping.

Rap music started declining in 1995 and it gets worse each year.

Originally Posted by NumburrTu

I hate the way he thinks he's too good to write. I find that hella disrespectful to rap music. Who does he think he is thinking his 1st take is perfect.

laugh.gif
I'm sorry man, but that just sounds of saltiness.

- Can't figure out why y'all love Kendrick so much for the life of me
<kanye on mercy>yuuup</kanye>

He's good, but I'm not totally understanding the wild hype there. Add Joey Badass as his +1 to that, too.

man, i guess a lot of yall listen to hip hop exclusively.

well here are some of my opinions. i guess ill stick to mostly hip hop as well.

- drake sucks. i mean, unless youre a 13 year old girl, i dont see how you could like his sht.
matter of fact, all these new school mcs like drake, wale, wiz, j cole, big sean, etc just dont appeal to me. they get by on hype/style instead of substance.

- Big KRIT > all those rappers mentioned above. i think hes the best rapper to emerge in the past 5 years or so, maybe even 10 years.

- nas > big > jay z

- andre 3000 > jay z

- the only jay z album i can listen to w/o getting bored is reasonable doubt.

- watch the throne was mediocre.

- kanye west is underrated as a lyricist and overrated as a producer

- ugk is very underrated. RIP pimp c.

- atmosphere's overcast! is one of the best hip hop albums of all time. slug and ant are both underrated.

- the weeknd is a terrible live singer.

- swedish house mafia, afrojack, avicii, n similar acts dont produce/play house music. theyre like the rebecca blacks or justin biebers of house.

- skrillex is to dubstep what soulja boy is to hip hop.

- the chemical brothers > daft punk

Originally Posted by slim420

- drake sucks. i mean, unless youre a 13 year old girl, i dont see how you could like his sht.
matter of fact, all these new school mcs like drake, wale, wiz, j cole, big sean, etc just dont appeal to me. they get by on hype/style instead of substance.

- Big KRIT > all those rappers mentioned above. i think hes the best rapper to emerge in the past 5 years or so, maybe even 10 years.

- nas > big > jay z

- andre 3000 > jay z

- atmosphere's overcast! is one of the best hip hop albums of all time. slug and ant are both underrated.

- swedish house mafia, afrojack, avicii, n similar acts dont produce/play house music. theyre like the rebecca blacks or justin biebers of house.

I dont know much about EDM, can you explain?  HOWEVER the Chemical Brothers are dope..Block Rockin Beats >>>

Life Father, Like Son > WTT

How Fly > WTT

Watch The Throne was like a 7/10

- nas > big > jay z

- andre 3000 > jay z

I dont know much about EDM, can you explain? �HOWEVER the Chemical Brothers are dope..Block Rockin Beats >>>
well, basically as far as house music thing goes, those acts i mentioned make/play commercial, cheesy pop music with a house beat (4 to the floor).
theres no soul, theres no groove. this topic has been debated in the team electro thread if you wanan check that out, but
instead of me explaining it ill just give you examples you can listen to.

the track by SHM sounds like everything else on the radio these days. whats the difference between this track and say a recent usher or britney spears song? nothing.
theres no soul, no groove. just cheesy vocals and synth, nicely packaged with a "drop" made for fist pumping.
now the 2nd track is a proper house tune. groovy as fck, chunky a ss basslines soulful vocal samples...i dont think i need to explain any further.
if you wanna hear some more proper house, theres a house thread as well you can check out.

the 2nd point about skrillex is similar in reasoning as the point about house. proper dubstep should be about the SUB-BASS and some crackin a ss percussions.
its NOT about the "filth" aka distorted midrange synths (the stuff that sounds like robots fu cking). skrillex basically took a small part of dubstep and amplified it 1000000 X, effectively creating a caricature of dubstep (brostep), a hollow shell of what dubstep should be, just like soulja boy did with hip hop.

the 3rd point, i really just prefer TCBs sound over daft punk's. less cheese. less fluffy sht. i like daft punk's older stuff but the newer stuff is just meh. too pop-y.
plus i just think TCBs are way better producers. a lot of daft punk's biggest hits are sample based, where they take entire basslines, entire drum sequences, etc. w/o much tweaking. doesnt seem very creative to me.

- nas > big > jay z

- andre 3000 > jay z

I dont know much about EDM, can you explain? �HOWEVER the Chemical Brothers are dope..Block Rockin Beats >>>
well, basically as far as house music thing goes, those acts i mentioned make/play commercial, cheesy pop music with a house beat (4 to the floor).
theres no soul, theres no groove. this topic has been debated in the team electro thread if you wanan check that out, but
instead of me explaining it ill just give you examples you can listen to.

the track by SHM sounds like everything else on the radio these days. whats the difference between this track and say a recent usher or britney spears song? nothing.
theres no soul, no groove. just cheesy vocals and synth, nicely packaged with a "drop" made for fist pumping.
now the 2nd track is a proper house tune. groovy as fck, chunky a ss basslines soulful vocal samples...i dont think i need to explain any further.
if you wanna hear some more proper house, theres a house thread as well you can check out.

the 2nd point about skrillex is similar in reasoning as the point about house. proper dubstep should be about the SUB-BASS and some crackin a ss percussions.
its NOT about the "filth" aka distorted midrange synths (the stuff that sounds like robots fu cking). skrillex basically took a small part of dubstep and amplified it 1000000 X, effectively creating a caricature of dubstep (brostep), a hollow shell of what dubstep should be, just like soulja boy did with hip hop.

the 3rd point, i really just prefer TCBs sound over daft punk's. less cheese. less fluffy sht. i like daft punk's older stuff but the newer stuff is just meh. too pop-y.
plus i just think TCBs are way better producers. a lot of daft punk's biggest hits are sample based, where they take entire basslines, entire drum sequences, etc. w/o much tweaking. doesnt seem very creative to me.
BRUH, like I said, I dont know anything about EDM, but that Motor City track was DOPE.  Thanks alot, I'm going to go look up more of their music

The Dom Kennedy song "Gold Apinas" from the Yellow Album sucks to me.

Rick Ross' feature sucks.

The whole song sucks.

I like the rest, though.

I can't stand when people call Joey Badass the second coming of Nas

'Watch the Throne' is by in large basura

'N***** in Paris' = Horrible record

Harlem: diary of a summer is underrated album
Jim Jones best work, good features and production

French Montana ain't the same without Max

Em hasn't put out work up to his standards in almost 10 years

I think Usher is underrated

Rick Ross is one of the biggest hit or miss rappers
Wale> everybody else in MMG
His I'm on One freestyle was the best freestyle in 2011

Q>Kendrick

Lupe has been non-existent in the past 4-5years

Mavado> Vybz Kartel

The Olympicks are overrated

Wayne and Juelz would've of been one of the best duos of all time

miguel is better then frank ocean in every way

i like frank ocean but he is extremely overrated

flow and delievery more important then lryics

if you do not own a car or party your opinion on music is invald for the most part

Big Krit is one of the best artist in the game

Kanye is the best hip hop artist ever

R&B > Rap

Anthony Hamilton is super underrated.

Old Trey Songz was amazing, son fell off.

southern hip hop > NY> WEST

36 mafia is underrated

Love Hate by The Dream is the best debut R&B album of this decade.

I'm a Big Boi fan but he ruined International Players Anthem. Everybody had a dope verse on that song except him. Something about his verse and flow just didn't fit the song.

Young Jeezy has two classic albums. Thug Motivation 101 and The Recession.

ASAP Rocky is overrated. I don't see the appeal in dude's music at all.

Back
Top Bottom