Post Your Unpopular Opinions Vol. Sports & Training

People who don't like baseball have short attention spans and aren't as intelligent as those who do.

Thread has mad potential... I'm pretty sure there was one not too long ago

Arguments everywhere
laugh.gif

Kobe > Jordan.

Uh oh......

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Thread has mad potential... I'm pretty sure there was one not too long ago

Arguments everywhere
laugh.gif

Kobe > Jordan.

Uh oh......

It has...back in April. Obviously, things have changed since then so...let's see what people have to say.
happy.gif

roll.gif
at the first post

Soccer will never catch on in America, no matter how much people are trying to force it.

You can't win a title with one 1 person (aka no, Kobe never won titles by himself)

-Without the Gasol trade the Lakers wouldn't win in 09 and 2010.
-LeBron jokes are getting old and annoying. I don't even like the guy that much but the hate he gets is OD. The way he left Cleveland was horrible, but it doesn't deserve that much backlash.
-Russell Westbrook is overrated
-Best QB in the NFL right now is Aaron Rodgers
-Every BCS championship team in the last 10 years is dirty, it's a matter of who's smart enough not to get caught. For that matter, 90% of teams in BCS conferences probably are.

-Advanced stats in baseball are a joke.

-Mark Sanchez will NOT be the Jets starter by week 10.

-For as good as Chris Johnson is, he isn't worth what he's asking.

-Knicks will never win a championship w. the Melo/STAT pairing

-Why these African dudes got WILD !#% hair in EPL?  Not really an opinion, but I want answers
laugh.gif

UFC and MMA > Boxing...in terms of entertainment, skill, and toughness. I'm tired of the great majority of boxers acting like divas. It seems like UFC and MMA fighters don't give a damn who they fight. They just do it...win or lose.
Roger Goodell isn't that bad of a commissioner...certainly better than David Stern.
LeBron doesn't deserve the amount of hate he receives...and I hate that %$!*$ $+# !%%%$.

Tebow Christ WILL become a Pro-Bowl QB by 2013. (Srs)

Adrian Peterson is overrated.

LeBron is the best player in the nba (please, stop saying otherwise)

Soccer will become a POWER sport in the US soon...

Baseball has the worst highlights on SC

Felix Jones will lead the NFL in total yards from scrimmage this season (Prays for sake of drafting him in FF)

Green Bay will be better than 07' Pats.

Bron knew he was leaving before his last playoff series as a Cavalier.

Wouldn't call this unpopular because quite frankly I think everyone would also be happy...but Cleveland will win a title before 2020.

Originally Posted by acidicality

-LeBron jokes are getting old and annoying. I don't even like the guy that much but the hate he gets is OD. The way he left Cleveland was horrible, but it doesn't deserve that much backlash.
-Every BCS championship team in the last 10 years is dirty, it's a matter of who's smart enough not to get caught. For that matter, 90% of teams in BCS conferences probably are.

damn you need to reread the title of the thread  

if given the choice of any RB in history, i would take marshall faulk

michael irvin was more valuable to those 90s cowboys' teams than emmitt smith

emmitt just makes my top 5 RBs all-time (i'd take faulk, sanders, payton and jim brown over him.. imagine faulk or sanders behind that dallas Oline)

brett favre ranks behind the following all-time for me (in no specific order): steve young, montana, elway, peyton manning, tom brady, troy aikman and marino is borderline

tim duncan ranks higher than kobe all-time (presently)

not even being a homer, 1991 eagles are/were the greatest defense ever:
http://espn.go.com/page2/...ders/bestNFLdefense.html

http://www.yardbarker.com...91_Eagles_Defense/252142

Originally Posted by acidicality

These are basically facts.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

-Why these African dudes got WILD !#% hair in EPL?  Not really an opinion, but I want answers
laugh.gif

Be specific...

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

if given the choice of any RB in history, i would take marshall faulk

michael irvin was more valuable to those 90s cowboys' teams than emmitt smith

emmitt just makes my top 5 RBs all-time (i'd take faulk, sanders, payton and jim brown over him.. imagine faulk or sanders behind that dallas Oline)

brett favre ranks behind the following all-time for me (in no specific order): steve young, montana, elway, peyton manning, tom brady, troy aikman and marino is borderline

tim duncan ranks higher than kobe all-time (presently)

not even being a homer, 1991 eagles are/were the greatest defense ever:
http://espn.go.com/page2/...ders/bestNFLdefense.html

http://www.yardbarker.com...91_Eagles_Defense/252142
Idk..that 2000 Ravens defense IMO was...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

laugh.gif

Be specific...

Not in all instances....but many.  Case in point....

Each year Baseball America polls every manager in the Majors and asks them who they think has the best tools.  The Orioles were able to notch two mentions in the lists with Matt Wieters being named the best defensive catcher and Adam Jones noted as the second best defensive outfielder in the American League.

Adam Jones' defense has been a point of ridicule ALL season amongst O's fans.  I've seen charts, stats, graphs, etc that all illustrate how horrid he is defensively.  These stats are all advanced.  You poll the managers and they can give 2 !*+@% about these stats.  They go off of what they see as opposed to what a graph would tell them about how Jones tracks baseballs when the wind is between 8-12 knots.  These managers have these stats at their disposal, but honestly...I think AT TIMES, intuition and observation can be a greater measure of talent/ability than what some ridiculous advanced stat may say. 

just my .02

'91 eagles finished the season ranked #1 in the NFL in terms of fewest yards allowed overall, vs. the run, and vs. the pass (becoming only the fifth club in NFL history and the first since 1975 to accomplish this rare triple)

while on offense:
they lost QB Randall Cunningham for the year on opening day due to a knee injury

backup QB JIm McMahon was also injured in game 5

By midseason, Philadelphia had used an astounding five different quarterbacks (This list also including rookie Goebel, BradBrad Goebel, & veterans Ryan, PatPat Ryan, & Kemp, JeffJeff Kemp) in eight games

Five members of that defensive unit represented the Eagles in the Pro Bowl - DEs Reggie White and Clyde Simmons, DT Jerome Brown, and LB Seth Joyner were selected as starters while CB Eric Allen also made the NFC squad. The selection of White, Simmons, and Brown marked only the sixth time in NFL history that three defensive linemen from one team were elected to the Pro Bowl.

laugh.gif

Be specific...

Each year Baseball America polls every manager in the Majors and asks them who they think has the best tools.  The Orioles were able to notch two mentions in the lists with Matt Wieters being named the best defensive catcher and Adam Jones noted as the second best defensive outfielder in the American League.

Adam Jones' defense has been a point of ridicule ALL season amongst O's fans.  I've seen charts, stats, graphs, etc that all illustrate how horrid he is defensively.  These stats are all advanced.  You poll the managers and they can give 2 !*+@% about these stats.  They go off of what they see as opposed to what a graph would tell them about how Jones tracks baseballs when the wind is between 8-12 knots.  These managers have these stats at their disposal, but honestly...I think AT TIMES, intuition and observation can be a greater measure of talent/ability than what some ridiculous advanced stat may say. 

just my .02

You payed attention to that?

Be specific...

just my .02

OK...when Jones gets his 2nd GG, then what?  What will that tell you about advanced stats?  Trust me....I've seen this dude raked thru the coals by O's fans because of his defense.  I love everything he brings to the table.  If he wins a GG, so be it....advanced stats be damned. 

just my .02

OK...when Jones gets his 2nd GG, then what?  What will that tell you about advanced stats?  Trust me....I've seen this dude raked thru the coals by O's fans because of his defense.  I love everything he brings to the table.  If he wins a GG, so be it....advanced stats be damned. 

Adam is elite. I wasnt saying anything different. I was just curious as to why you paid attention to O's fans spewing the garbage thinking that their FO operates with.

Kobe is top 10 all time

John Wall won't be what people expect him to be, just another good guard (sorry double j's)

The Heat won't sniff the finals , they over achieved last year. Time for things to balance out.

Gasol is damn good but he's still overrated, the lakers were one of the best teams in the league until Bynum got hurt that year. And he's been a shell of himself since then.

I REALLY hope not but I think the Jets will fall flat on their faces.

Originally Posted by Statis22

As of August 16, 2011, Novak Djokovic is the most dominant athlete on the planet.

see ryan lochte.. i know ppl don't follow swimming, but dude has been phelps' daddy the past 2 years

if dude posts 1 of the top 2 times in the 100 back (thus becoming eligible for the 4IM relay), he has the potential of matching phelps' 8 golds in 1 olympics

Back
Top Bottom