Posters closer to the age of 30....are you happy with your life right now?

then you were when you were younger, say 18-24......

or are you struggling financially, or in the women department, making or keeping friends, etc

and by closer to 30 i mean those that are 27 and up.

what are some things you would have done different when you were younger?

I am definitely happier with my life right now compared to when I was 18-24..At that age I was a knuckle head with no path in life, I dropped out of college and I worked 2 dead end jobs at 21. Thank god that happened because working those jobs and seeing my coworkers in their 40s and 50s struggling making just a little more than me made me realize I need to get back into school..So I'm currently on the path to graduating college next year..As far as financially I am not struggling, but I do have loans I will have to repay as well as other debt, the women department is super lacking, but that's partly to me just not wanting to go out and focusing on school..I have lost TONS of friends who don't understand that I can't go to every party, I have to study so they don't hit me up like they use to..But I know sacrifices were bound to happen..Work now, play later is my motto..

I'm 27 by the way

27 here....im happy but i want MORE then im already doing, which is a good thing...being fly and working regular jobs has lost its luster to me.

im in school and im workin on career moves so im in da right path...just need more patience.

Turned 27 today... (8 Aug)

I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Traveling extensively, getting decent money, etc.

I do want a wife and family someday but I think I'm still too young at the moment.

about to turn 28 next month
i am happy with my life ... many things i had to go thru on my own to "learn" as opposed to learning from others ... one could say i wish there was someone that i trusted to give real valuable information to me when i was 21-25

with that being said ... i'm at the same job i started out of college ... it has its moments but and it pays the bills ... it's safe and in this economy it's too risky to move ... so no complaints there
i got a girl that i'm crazy about ... time will tell how it goes ... major complaint being long distance ...
money ... i save a lot but i've also bought so much junk over the years ... it's easy to look back now and say why did i buy those jordans / jerseys / whatever other crap i got ... i'm just ok with where i am financially BUT i say that b/c i could and should have done better ...
friends ... i have great friends ... no complaints there ... over the years some aren't as close as i would like them to still be but i'm very happy in that department

the only thing i would have done different was save more / invest more though ... MAYBE focus a lil less on the girls ... but at the end of the day i had to learn the lessons that i did to become the person i am today so i wouldn't change anything else

26 and doing just fine. I used to think I wouldn't make it to 30 but things change, my whole outlook in life changed these past five years.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

I am definitely happier with my life right now compared to when I was 18-24..At that age I was a knuckle head with no path in life, I dropped out of college and I worked 2 dead end jobs at 21. Thank god that happened because working those jobs and seeing my coworkers in their 40s and 50s struggling making just a little more than me made me realize I need to get back into school..So I'm currently on the path to graduating college next year..As far as financially I am not struggling, but I do have loans I will have to repay as well as other debt, the women department is super lacking, but that's partly to me just not wanting to go out and focusing on school..I have lost TONS of friends who don't understand that I can't go to every party, I have to study so they don't hit me up like they use to..But I know sacrifices were bound to happen..Work now, play later is my motto..

I'm 27 by the way
good luck on your journey man.....those friends will try to come back around when they see you successful with your degree.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Turned 27 today... (8 Aug)

I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Traveling extensively, getting decent money, etc.

I do want a wife and family someday but I think I'm still too young at the moment.
happy b-day bro.

Over 30.

Happier? That's relative. There's a lot more responsibility now. What's not to like about being young, dumb, full of.....not having to pay bills etc.

With that said, I've achieved damn near every dream I've had in life. Personally and professionally.

Except a 3 way but I have 2 young'ns dropping hints as we speak. LOVELY they are. But I'm married now. So just KNOWING I could is enough for now. I ain't even got that kind of stamina right now.

So I'm pretty damn happy across the board.

Stop complaining, stop expecting *$@% to be handed to you, hustle hard, don't take no *$@% while still making more friends than enemies, and you'll be happy too.

life has always been a struggle, so I am use to it. I really don't know exactly what "happy" is anymore and haven't since I around 14.

The bright side of life tho, thankfully there is that glimmer of hope
I graduate next summer.
I'm studying in Morocco this fall, Paris next spring
I' am committed to 2 years in the Peace Corps or United Nations
MBA from a Top 10 program would be ideal, by the age of 30.
I have no unwanted kids or baby-mama's that would deter me from accomplishing any of my goals

I'm doing everything I set out to do 4 years ago, unfortunately just a little later than the average person.

Question to the guys who are over 25-getting close to 30/over 30 years old -

What age or where along the line did it all just snap for you? When did the overdrive kick in and you looked up and realized one day that you weren't the young knucklehead you used to be anymore?

I'm 23 and I feel like I'm at the crossroads of feeling more mature than some of my friends, but not yet the mature man I want to grow into completely yet.

Financially, I'm good. Best I've been in my career.

I'm not where I wanna be though. Don't really like my location and I have no family here.

28 and I am happy.

Bout to be a married man as of Aug. 20.

Best group of friends I could ever ask for.

Got a job I enjoy, yet still working on courses to get a head.

27+ has been the best part of my life. Young professional life style FTW

29 and I'm happy with my current situation. Given a second chance there are a few things I would have done differently. I would have liked to finished my degree even though I wouldn't have ended up going into that field anyways. It would have just been a nice backup. I would like to move out of state for a change of pace but am sort of stuck when it comes to job opportunities right now. I really don't have the energy to start hustling all over again at the age of 30. Other than that the family is good and as long as I stay at my current job money shouldn't be an issues. I do need to start saving and investing more, was hoping to have a nice little nest egg by 30 but that's not going to happen.

Happy Bornday Illuztrious.
To answer your question though Dmv (without going into details)... no.

I'll be 27 in November

and to answer the question...it could be alot better but ehhh I can't really complain

Im 25 and happy. Really didnt think I would make it this far with all the stuff I use to get into and the life style I had. Been with a good job since my run in with the law. Have full custody of my son and a good Mrs that there. So I would say its all good now and hopefully it gets better

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

not yet but getting there.  question for you...are you dcallamerican's little brother?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Things are going well. 

I don't really like to count blessings.  Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Life is full of enough unexpected twists and turns so no need to do stuff to increase the chances of something going wrong.   

From 18-24 is the most important years of your life, IMO.  That's the time to set a foundation for yourself - education and work wise. 

My next step is marriage which is happening in November.  Then looking to be in a house by Christmas 2012 (assuming the world doesn't end). 

I'm 28.

I make a lot of money but I work for it and I lightweight hate my job. The last two years have taught me that money isn't everything.

You have to be fulfilled in your career. I know what I want to do but I would be looking at least a 15K paycut to make that happen.

My family is doing great and I think I have met my wife.

My next move is to go back to school to be able to find a job that pays me as well as current one with the same benefits that I actually enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom