PRACTICING Christians and Catholics: What's your thought on SEASONAL church-goers?

so to avoid any confusion again with some non-religious NTers...

PRACTICING Christians and Catholics: What's your thought on SEASONAL church-goers?

RIF%20Logo%20PC_287.jpg

Anyhow, it's Easter today and the parking lot + church is packed. If you're a regular, you might see people whom you've never ever seen before...those SEASONAL church-goers i.e. Easter, Christmas, New Years.

Your thoughts on these people?

mine:
smh.gif
+ thanks for clogging up traffic at the parking lot.

My Easter Highlights:
-New people show up on Christmas morning and Easter Sunday (never show up to Holy Saturday)
-Kids are annoying and turn around in their seat every five or so seconds to stare at you
-Old women in bonnets everywhere
-Stuck up rich white families (sorry this is true at my church) who are there to get their Jesus hours in
-About a 20 minute wait to get communion

Catholics are Christians...

Anyway, I don't care. I'm catholic if it matters. Who am I to stand in the way of ppl that want to be fulfiilled spiritually?

As a "practicing" christian or catholic, shouldn't you be happy more people are attending the service, even if it's only seasonally?

Why the negativity towards your fellow man?

Lets be positive

Originally Posted by 23Adam23

As a "practicing" christian or catholic, shouldn't you be happy more people are attending the service, even if it's only seasonally?

Lets be positive

That's like skipping  class the whole term and expecting to pass the exam in the end.

catch my drift now?

I'm a sinner myself, but I do make it a point to do my obligation as a Catholic to give an hour of my time to thank God every week.

I'd be glad to see a packed church every week, not 3-5x a year.

so you guys feel that you have more faith than the seasonal churchgoers because you have more "jesus hours" under your belt?

Originally Posted by donpoppa

op mad he didnt get his usual parking spot

yeah, I park at the disabled spot.

indifferent.gif

i think that you dont need to go to church all the time to receive gods words and knowledge
he reaches us in different ways right?
everytime i go to church dudes are checking out all the ladies and vice versa

Depending on your religion. As Catholics, you need to hear mass every week.

so you guys feel that you have more faith than the seasonal churchgoers because you have more "jesus hours" under your belt?

are you a practicing Christian or Catholic though? and read my response above.

Who am I to judge them? Let them live. I go to church every week, but if my parents weren't on top of me, I admit that probably wouldn't be the case. A lot of times I'm not fully paying attention either. Im physically there every week but I'm still not one to talk.

You're approaching this wrong, OP. I know your intentions are good, but see it as them having Jesus on their mind, even if it is for a two-hour service.

Everyone is at a different step in their walk with christ.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by 23Adam23

Lets be positive

That's like skipping  class the whole term and expecting to pass the exam in the end.

catch my drift now?

I'm a sinner myself, but I do make it a point to do my obligation as a Catholic to give an hour of my time to thank God every week.

I'd be glad to see a packed church every week, not 3-5x a year.
OP is in fact holier than thou.

I pretty sure "Jesus" wouldn't mind.

Maybe they have a certain attribute of respect for "Jesus"
than they do for the Baptist,Methodist, Lutheran...etc church attended.

Its that same "holier than thou" attitude that causes
people to shy away from Christianity.

how are u judging folks?

ud rather them not go at all? dude is acting like church is some exclusive club or something...

its like skipping class? even if it was... why do u care?

this is ridiculous man... ur making religion look bad...

Originally Posted by donpoppa

op mad he didnt get his usual parking spot

yeah, I park at the disabled spot.

indifferent.gif
thats a yes, but you also sound mad because you put in all those hours at church and the people who you call seasonal church-goers received the same welcome you did today.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how are u judging folks?

laugh.gif
how though? by reminding their obligations as a member of ____ religion? in my case I'm catholic.

please tell me attending 4 out of the 52 weeks in a year is disgusting.

now that looks bad doesn't it?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

how are u judging folks?

laugh.gif
how though? by reminding their obligations as a member of ____ religion? in my case I'm catholic.

please tell me attending 4 out of the 52 weeks in a year is disgusting.

now that looks bad doesn't it?
It may look disgusting to you, but how does it look to god?

You walking around with the
grin.gif
on your face for no reason. Let it go. Let god.

So its not enough that practicing christians and catholics get to judge the non church goers, now you want to judge the seasonal ones too?

Back
Top Bottom