**Premium Cigar Thread Vol. 2** No blunts, black & milds, or green heads please

Discussion in 'General' started by abuzzl23p, Mar 12, 2009.

1. abuzzl23p

abuzzl23p

Post pictures, questions, and or comments. I dont know what happened to the last one hopefully this one is just as successful.

Hopefully you guys can respect that this is about real cigars, not phillies, white owls, dutch masters or stuff you pick up at a gas station.
    Keep in mind that it is illegal to purchase cuban cigars, however it is very legal to receive them as gifts. Lets keep this thread to legal smoking habits only(that means no green talk too).

At the very least, light one up for our lost NTer BFO...RIP

on to the yum yums...

as you can see since the last cigar thread, i've been quite busy...

2. dlo13

dlo13

3. elboricua 6

elboricua 6 Banned

Every heard about the guy that insured all his cigars then smoked them all?

He put a claim in and actually won ... lmao!

wanna hear the rest?

He then got sent to jail for arson ... lmao

4. jbug88

jbug88

just got a nice sampler pack from CI a few weeks ago. for $50 I got another Patel Decade, some 5 Vegas stuff, a Man o' War, and some Padilla stuff.
    Kitchen Sink Sampler
    [​IMG]

Really looking forward to the Man O War...
    I haven't smoked a cigar in about 3 months though.
    abuzzl23p...no love for maduro stuff? It's starting to get to the point where that's all I want to smoke..
    I'm gonna smoke something this weekend for BFO. He and 206 helped me a lot with questions I had.

I'll post a pic of my humi when I get home.
    CI really does have some good deals.

-J-

5. blazinjkid

blazinjkid

Havana Punch [​IMG]
    Monte Cristo [​IMG]

Call me what you'd like, Macanudo Portofino's are the smoothest cigars you can get IMO

6. liquidcream

liquidcream

What happened to Big Fame One?

7. oo206oo

oo206oo

Jake passed on last Friday. God rest his soul.

I put a cohiba in the air on Saturday morning. It was the one he had given me as a birthday gift.

I also now own Jakes humidor and depleted cigar stash. Im gonna clean it up tonight and post pics soon. I cant explain how grateful i was to be given his cigarstuff. His family knew that i kind of got him into the whole cigar thing and thought he would want me to have it. I couldnt be more grateful.

Heres the last pic i had of Jake and i, appropriately at a cigar bar a month or so back. (I believe i was smoking a Brazilia at the time of the pic, and Jakewas between smokes)

8. abuzzl23p

abuzzl23p

oo206oo: pm me your address or P.O. box if you dont mind, i'll fill it back up a little...

DLo 13 (and other maduro lovers) : Try the Oliva Serie V Maduro, almost impossible to find right now because of the limited release, but i like the non maduroversion much better. I have half a box of the maduros sitting at home, hopefully they'll smoke better within the next year.

jbug: man i was smoking maduros and all the powerful stuff up until last october. I hit a funk and wasn't really tasting much out of any cigars, so after alil break some of my friends got me hooked on some cigars from a small island south of Miami. since then it's been those, plus a few medium bodied sticks.I do occasionally bust out a maduro but they're not my thing anymore.

blazinjkid: smoke what you like, the great thing i've learned about cigars is you can't hate on a man and his cigar. for the most part, the big dogcigar guys i've smoked with are really down to earth people. sure they're pulling Davidoff cubans from the late 80s and some cubans that have beenaround since before the embargo, but their motto is, you can't smoke something unless you offer something of equal significance to the people you'resmoking with.

bottom line: smoke what you want, how you want. its all about kicking back and relaxing with a nice cigar.

9. sjsneakerheadiii

sjsneakerheadiii

Do you guys use cigarbid?

I just signed up. Looks like they got some sweet deals on there.

First step for me is to cop a Humidor. Maybe my dad will let me have his??? He doesn't even smoke his cigars let alone open up the humidor.

10. ralphsody

ralphsody

i had a romeo and juliet two days ago..
    heard there uber hard to get and expensive..
    they were okay from what i remember, tho i was kinda drunk and couldnt get the thought of smoking a djarum black outta my mind..
    dont know much about cigars tho, and i think i can get like two from the owner of the shop(we're cool).

11. solefood229

solefood229

Can you guys direct me to a good cigar website, I visited my local cigar shop a couple of weeks ago but I had no idea on what to get

12. sylvestermcgrizzly

sylvestermcgrizzly

Gotta make a run to Nat Sherman this weekend to see what they got for me over there...its been a min. Since I smoked let alone a cigar...

13. chris5524

chris5524

The last time I smoked a cigar I was in Vegas and barfed for about 30 mins.[​IMG] It was a Davidioff(sp?) montecristo. Is there anything that I can do so that wont happen again? Thanks

14. grand 0ld party

grand 0ld party

i dont have a humidor because there is a sick cigar shop (owl shop) minutes away from my room. i love avo's and davidoffs

15. ralphsody

ralphsody

i heard nubbs are good as well..
    Im gonna start stocking up for games and get togethers here at the house..
    anyone care to jot down which ones i should avoid at all costs?..

16. jbug88

jbug88

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/index.asp
    &
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/
    are the 2 sites I visit the most, with cigars international being my favorite. awesome customer service and they are the site I've gotten my sampler packsfrom.

-J-

17. chicagos finest 23

chicagos finest 23

A lil something to help you tell if your Gift is real [​IMG]

Fake Band on Top
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fresh all Real
    [​IMG]

18. dlo13

dlo13

Haven't tried one yet, I'll keep it in mind. I'm a maduro !**!%. Smoke them almost exclusively. I keep some others on hand forfreeloading buddies/golf outings/weekend morning smokes.

The devil site...[​IMG]

I go on CBid binges from time to time.

Stop inhaling, dummy.

19. kedabowl

kedabowl

Sancho Panza double maduro is my favorite everyday smoke.

I also like the AVO 80th anniversary, good clean draw and a smooth finish.

20. venom lyrix

venom lyrix

Hey people, I had my first Cigar a couple years ago when I was in Cancun and became hooked. I've bought some from little stands at the mall but I'mvery naive and want to become more educated. Whats considered a good cigar, how do I get the most flavor our of them and what else important info should I knowabout cigars. Thanks in advance.

21. kaycurrency

kaycurrency

[​IMG]
    Excuse the Shoes....[​IMG]

22. grand 0ld party

grand 0ld party

are there new cohiba labels that look similar to the cuban ones? my friend insists he smoked a dominican that had a yellow and checkerboard label, but i havebeen unable to find one as of yet

23. venom lyrix

venom lyrix

can anyone help me out with my questions at the bottom of pg 1?

24. abuzzl23p

abuzzl23p

hehe venom lyrix thats a complicated question...keep your eyes on this thread, i'll keep up more when i get back in town...only thing i can tell you rightnow is start talking to the people at the shops (real shops not stands at the mall) and try a bunch of things.

to whoever posted the box of cohibas with a glass top...they are fake [​IMG] the glass top is the biggest giveaway lol...

i cosign on cigarsinternational.com and cigarbid.com (very dangerous places when you have $$ in your bank acct lol)

cigarsinterational=CI btw...their joecigar deal of the day is usually a steal if you want cheap sticks

for boutique stuff (Pepin, Illusione, Cruzado, Tatuaje....my favorite non cuban cigars. period) i use pheasantcigars.com and newhavanacigars.com

**BIG TIP** to fight nicotine buzz...get a packet of sugar (like for coffee) and pour it out under your tongue once its in your bloodstream you're good togo.

Avo's and Davidoffs are okay IMO the way they are rolled is superb though, best made cigars in the world. Avo is actually a pretty cool guy. He frequentsthe shop i go to i see him alot but never really approached him. he came up to me today and asked me where i was from completely out of the blue...and thenmentions how much he likes asian girls...i didnt even know the guy speaks english LOL

hope i got all the questions lol...

25. abuzzl23p

abuzzl23p

no there was a lawsuit in the late 80's early 90's (not sure when exactly) so domincan cohiba cannot use the yellow band anymore. if there are somefloating around they should be really really old...and the cellophane would be really yellow...otherwise they are fake non cuban cohibas...[​IMG]