Prepping for GMAT. Tips? What book/study worked for you?

runningfishy

Banned
Prepping for GMAT.  Tips? What book/study worked for you?

Anybody in or finished their MBA?  Anybody did online schooling for some sort of degree?

The Princeton Review book was really helpful for me. I wrote about the process I used to study on my blog (link here). Finished my MBA at Indiana University in 2010. Now working in Brand Management for a tobacco company in Richmond, VA. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Joe

Originally Posted by joesarge

The Princeton Review book was really helpful for me. I wrote about the process I used to study on my blog (link here). Finished my MBA at Indiana University in 2010. Now working in Brand Management for a tobacco company in Richmond, VA. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Joe

Can you give like time frames and like how your classes were like?  I guess your capstone class or something.

Thanks.

What book or test prep is necessary? LOL I've read mixed things. I'm crunched w/ time. lolz

How's the math part? What type of questions?

I liked the official guide from GMAC. I also used the Kaplan prep books as well.

I heard good things about Manhattan, but I haven't personally used the books.

I'd say do as many pratice problems as you can.

I did all self study for about 1.5 months.

My friend told me a MBA doesn't guarantee me anything.  I told him, if they are giving MBAs out like free candy and other people have one and I don't, then I might as well go get mines.

I used (The Official Guide for GMAT Review & Princeton Review) and studied for 2 months and obtained my masters in accounting May 2010.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by joesarge

Joe

Can you give like time frames and like how your classes were like?  I guess your capstone class or something.

Thanks.

I missed our capstone because I was studying abroad. My program was pretty standard for 2-year full-time. The first semester sucks because it's like 7-8 "Core" classes at once. After that it's all electives which is much more interesting. I don't take any GMAT classes, but I spaced my studying over about 8 weeks. Like someone else said, doing questions is the key. The question styles repeat, so the more you practice the more you can figure out the patterns of how to solve them.

If you're in NYC, PM me...I'm going to begin prepping with a few people soon. We are setting up a plan of attack.

Back
Top Bottom