Present & Past College Students Check In Vol. My teacher juiced me, help?

So pretty much my grades came out today and a class that I thought I for sure got a B in, and was hopeing to get an A in came out to be a C. SMH

I know for a fact my teacher messed up his grades when pertaing to me because things just aren't adding up, so my question is....Have you ever disputed afinal grade with your teacher and got them to go back and change it despite it already being in the system??
nerd.gif
or am I SOL?

I already emailed him today but dude is a slacker so I have a strong feeling he won't even reply.

The exact opposite happened to me. Expected a D, hoping for a C got an A-
pimp.gif

But yea can you meet with him in person?? That would be way more effective

Just email him, if u don't hear anything in at least a week, call the department and ask for another way to contact him so that u could dispute it, eitherthat or ask to speak w/ the head of the department

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

part time teachers ftl

Word. It's because of him doing a half-as.s job all semester that the whole class was virtually clueless as to what we were getting in the course.

happened to me once, was expecting a Cü but got an F.....went to find teacher find out she took the semester off or some BS.

never took it any further because i failed every other class that semester (...SMH) and had no leverage vs the department.

still i know i passed that class, i forgot about that, now im heated.

If you have a log of your grades you can take it to the dean. You have to have a strong case though and be persistent almost get on their nerves it happenedwith me but mines was a D and I got it to a C because I never made a D in that class on anything. My teacher tried to fail me because my attendance wasnt up topar but my school has no attendance policy.
pimp.gif

^^^^^

The sad thing is dude only gave us one test back out of 7 things we turned in the whole semester, everytime he would tell us he was going to give somethingback to us the nxt class he would have an excuse as to why he didn't have em then promised "I'll have them graded and returned nxt class"then like a cycle we wouldn't recieve anything the nxt class smh.

My boy had a problem, took it to his dean, and despite having a strong case got rejected. I think I might have to charge this to the game if I dont get anemail response
tired.gif

you can file a petition as long as you have strong evidence showing proof that you shouldve gotten an B or A. if your professor doesnt email you, email or callthe dean's office to find out what the procedure is to file a petition. usually, theres paperwork that you have to fill out and the professor will have tofill out as well and then it is reviewed by the deans office. but again, you need evidence to justify the grade change.

Originally Posted by ekREV

you can file a petition as long as you have strong evidence showing proof that you shouldve gotten an B or A. if your professor doesnt email you, email or call the dean's office to find out what the procedure is to file a petition. usually, theres paperwork that you have to fill out and the professor will have to fill out as well and then it is reviewed by the deans office. but again, you need evidence to justify the grade change.
Yeah and this looks like it's goin to be my big problem b/c the only thing I have for proof is our mid-term which I recieved an 86 on....ourgrade is 25% mid term, 25% final, 25% 5 page essay, 25% four two page essays.

The only thing I didn't know whether I got atleast a B on is that 5 page essay (which i should've aced) but everything else was an A-B, so 75% shouldof been a for sure high b-low a yet I got stuck with a C.

if they dont reply go to ur dean or the chair of whatever department that prof is in

Same situation my girlfriend is in.

We both did the same amount of work, got around the same grades for tests and now she's sitting on a C while I got an A-. She emailed her adviser thesituation and he said that he would try his best to get this professor in contact with her. He's a really strong adviser, but if that doesn't work, Iwould email the dean your situation and CC as many people having to do with your class/academic progress (associate dean, etc.)

If she/he gives you a hard time about bringing the grades back up just say that you need it for financial aid. I've done that a time before. He needs to beable to hold his grade book for a reasonable amount of time. Just make sure you have your numbers right and your attendance isn't a factor.

I recently graduated so my girlfriend is using me in comparison. There's no way I got an A- while she got a C... I didn't even take the final
embarassed.gif

OP don't worry, it's happened to me the last two years and the teachers have submitted a grade change request for me and once processed, the officechanges the grade on the final transcript. It won't happen right away but it can usually be done. It took my profs around 2 months though
laugh.gif

had it happen in an English class. teacher told me in person I got an A-, but put down in the grade book I got a B-. Sent her e-mails and whatnot she refusedto respond, except once when she told me my work was deserving of a C and I should be lucky to have gotten a B-. I took my assignments and the syllabus to thehead of the department. They contacted her and made her change the grade.

If your going to go to the head of the dept make sure you are professional and have evidence with you. You are at a disadvantage, so don't come off as anidiot(no offense)

^ Exactly what you should do. And honestly you need to have all evidence ready. And yeah make sure you don't just try to play the blame game. My boy trieddoing this last semester and failed miserably because he tried discrediting the teacher in the process....

Back
Top Bottom