Pretty positive id4shoes (Taiwan) on eBay are selling fake airmax 90's

I'm pretty sure id4shoes got me with some fake 537384-080 air max 90's. I was suspect off the hop because of the price and location but was thinking they might just have small defects and were tossed and someone grabbed them put them up on eBay and they would feel just as good. I can now say after having them almost a year it looks like the top half is real and the sole are fakes, they will hurt your feet after time and the bottom white strip will unnaturally flake and you can hear a rubberized sound now when I walk for them. I didn't listen for a rubberized sound when I got them but after putting on some old ones that I have they do not make that sound. This information is for anyone trying to figure out if those shoes are fake and I'm going to say the soles are fake the rest is real stay away they'll hurt your feet. Will attach pics of the flaking.View media item 2416209View media item 2416208

These look to be legit the reason why they feel different from older ones is because Nike is going cheaper on us cutting more corners to save more money.

Last edited:
Hmm I guess that's not impossible that Nike is cutting corners and changing materials. I guess the only way to crack this case would be to compare some of the same kind and color of airmax's with some that were sold from a reputable US or Canadian shoe store like footlocker or something. I can say for sure though that my old mahogany airmax 325018-605 that I believe have been put to use more than the Taiwan ones seems to still have more cushion by a lot. Like when I put my finger in the mahogany ones and push on the bubble there's play but when I put my finger to push on the Taiwan ones there's like super stiff. It also seems like when I push down on my old ones it lifts in the front like a teeter totter but the Taiwan ones don't do that but I'm not sure if that's means anything I'm just reporting my observations here. I'm going to lean toward these being half fake half real shoes, been wearing airmax 90's for about 10 years now and am having a hard time believing these bubbles are real.

But Destin these bubbles are harder than a rock though brother, it wouldn't be easy playing ball in these things. Got some new airmax 90's coming and will be doing some comparing. Anyone else have 90's that flaked at the bottom white part? Because for me this is a first.

Me I've had a pairs paint flake on me in the process of a repaint now they are 100% legit from hibbet sports

Dude these are legit believe me I have a pair that is very stiff at the air pocket as well and like I said they where purchased at a Hibbett sports. Here is a couple of pics

I will be honest I'm having a hard time seeing the flaking in those pictures because there not very clear but it seems like that might be from what I can see. I'm not trying to knock id4shoes these things might be real I'm just suspect right now because I've had them less then a year and they feel very uncomfortable at the heel/ bubble part and I've had a lot of 90's and don't ever recall them feeling so hard. Is it possible Nike used different materials and these are the real Mccoys? I would say its definitely possible but wouldn't mind finding out for sure since id4shoes got the best prices so if there selling real 90's that are the same as ones from Footlocker it would definitely make sense to buy from them again. So I'm willing to send these ones to someone that could confirm if these are real Mccoys or dud Mccoys if there's someone who could tell me?

Post more pics and I can definitely tell and I for one have never purchased or even heard of id4shoes but they do look legit in those ones posted

Back
Top Bottom