Price/Fake Checks Contest - THE NT-SHIRT WINNER: calibeebee

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
You spoke; we listened. Professionally designed, premium quality NikeTalk t-shirts have arrived:

ba415b6ba5baf5a7ff4d3b5854eab154d3ccc91.jpg

Jordan Price/Fake Check Contest

calibeebeeAll the fake shoes that I am showing of the XI's are currently live auctions on ebay.Shoes on the left are real and shoes on the right are fake in every pic. Retro 2001 XI Black/Varsity Red
sy1ooj.jpg

this pic points out the difference in the checkered carbon plate. on the legit pair, the material is textured, and darker. the black squares are not perfect squares, they have slightly rounded edges. the fake pair is just plastic with a checkered sticker on it. It is a lot brighter, you can see the checkered pattern through the clear sole which is a bad thing.

2j4uept.jpg

in this picture I pointed out that the ridges in between the lace loops are a lot more textured and deep on legit pairs. from the pictures you can clearly see a difference between the two, the fakes have smooth cheap material.

8wlgee.jpg

On the heel of a legit pair there should be a little space between the 2 and the 3. Here you can clearly see that there is no space on the fake pair.

28wj8ty.jpg

This fake pair appears to have spacing between the 23 but if you look closer, the jumpman is positioned incorrectly. The ball is supposed to be in the middle of the 2 and the 3 like in the lefit pair. a picture of the carbon fiber plate of that same shoe confirmed that they were fakes.

14xgs3l.jpg

Here's another comparison of carbon fiber, this time the fakes are much better. these are tricky ones to tell especially from bad pics but notice the mishaped toebox of the pair on the right compared to the one on the left.

fdeck9.jpg

in this picture i just wanted to point out the difference in boxes. on the fakes, notice that the jordan image is a lot darker and easier to see his face. this is a sure sign of fakery as you can see, the real box is much lighter.

mw43rc.jpg

The boxtag picture on the left is what your boxtag should look like. it should not look like the one on the right. notice the vague color description "black/red?" on the fakes. also notice the numbers I pointed to are spaced apart on the fake boxtag. the real boxtag picture is from air-jordans.com.

efm6qc.jpg
Retro 1999 IV Black/Cement Grey

29nxb3r.jpg

So fake 4's have subtle details that are off compared to the XI's. In thise picture the grey lace locks does not match the grey on the midsole. also the black part of the midsole is not suppossed to be shiny.

2wd2c86.jpg

the black cement grey IV's never had a jumpman on the back! that means that they are fake.

kbrrtc.jpg

The pics are pretty self explainitory here being that the tongue is much shorter on the fake pair. also notice the heel area on the legit pair has a slight bump in it. that is missing in most fake pairs.

kd0rkl.jpg

This is another self-explainitory picture, found at www.jordanextreme.com, again notice the off colored greys on the pic on the right. also you can clearly see there is no bump.

2j692c6.jpg

the boxes are obviously sloppy and don't line up in this comparison. also sometimes fake IV boxes will have a vague color description similar to the XI's like just "black/red" make sure that's never the case.

1z2itty.jpg
Fun Bonus Pics!

zxseuw.jpg

Again the pics on the left are extremely legit and fresh. Notice the flawless stiching and embroidery. the pics on the right are made of cheap materials and i think the pics are actually stolen.

aewmis.jpg
:b
tongue.gif
"

nice.....get ready for a crap load of XI guides. I'll be sure to include one. Any idea how big/small these run? are they pre shrunk?
HEAT SEEKER
-Fed Town Featherweights (5-2)-
-Puget Sound Crab People (6-1)-

wow that's a great idea, i'm sooo lazy but i really want a shirt. i'll prolly make a guide though just for fun, i can't wait to see other peoples this should be fun
Team Pacific Northwest​

man i wish had time to make one but homework is killing me right now but good luck to all you guys and hope u make some good ones
"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABIT BUT A JOB"
"we are the legit check, no need to legit check, what we legit check, because we legit check the legit check ya dig"
lol sound like juelz ps aim jdhillon23

Yes!!! FINALLY!!! I can't wait to see them Meth. Are they gonna have the same design as your avy?? If so, I'd cop. And how specific do we have to be in our guides. Give me details. I want a shirt!!! :D
happy.gif

Well, no chance in winning now with Fenix's guide :lol:
laugh.gif
I was not thinking about going THAT deep (pause) :lol:
laugh.gif
Oh well. I guess I'll just pay for one. Either way, WE NEED PICS METH!!! :lol:
laugh.gif
teamautobotX TEAMKINGKOOPA
T R A N S F O R M E R S​
"Love is wearing a new pair every game."-Michael Jordan​

i think ill expand on the XIIIs
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

not much times to do one and since fenix already completed a good looking one i'd say let's see what indohan's got

haha as for me i'm just going to cop the shirt the old fashioned way
TVunit to the maxxx
BIGBEN7
DAMN!

Guide to Spot Fakes for Air Jordan XI (11).

NOTE: Guide only refers to Air Jordan XI with patent leather. No lows or I.E.

Carbon Fiber (CF):
Checking the carbon fiber is the easiest to determine shoe's legitimacy.
They are real carbon fibers. Fakes normall have painted plastic plate.
Do not get fooled by it!

Concords CF:

Space Jam CF:

Retro Black/Red CF:

Original Black/Red CF:

White/Columbia (All Star Game) CF:

Cool Grey Retro+ CF:

Jumpman and 23:
Jumpman is positioned next to 23 at the heel.
23 font printing is SOLID BOLD WHITE lines, NOT DOTTED.
23 Always have spacing between the 2, at the top, and the 3, at the bottom of it.
Ball of Jumpman always placed at the spacing of 23.

Retro XI
AJ%20XI_CoolGrey_2.jpg

Original XI

DMP XI

Retro Card:
Any retro card that has Air Jordan XVI (16) or later is the wrong card!

Tongue:
Tongue is made of mesh. There are 2 spots that we can take a look.

1. Inner:
There is a tagged at the inner tongue.
The tag has a jumpman on it and read as:
"Quality basketball products inspired by the greatest player ever".

2. Outer:
It has nothing at the back of the inner tag, but it has a tag at the lace part.
The tag says: Jumpman (Jumpman logo) Jordan

Black/Red:

Concords and DMP has the same tag.
The only difference is Concords have concords Jumpman Logo, DMP's in gold.

DMP:

Space Jam:

Shoe tag:
Original:

Retro: All has the same format of shoe tag.
Date ALWAYS touches the bar code above it.
They MIGHT have different font, but the format is always the same!

Example:
Space Jam Shoe Tag:

DMP XI Shoe Tag:

BONUS:
I'm going to show the shoe tag of sample Retro 2001
By the way, the SHOE TAG FONT

Box & Box tag:

Original Concords, Columbia, some Black/Red Box:

Original Black/Red Box:

Retro & Retro+ Box:

DMP Box:

Full package:
jordan_dmp_12.jpg
jordan_dmp_13.jpg

B-Grades:
Not a fixed box. It uses a normal Nike box used during the period.

NOTE: PICTURES BELOW ARE JUST ANY RANDOM COLOR WAYS' BOX TAG.
EACH COLOR WAYS HAVE DIFFERENT COLOR DESCRIPTION!

Original Box Tag:.

Retro & Retro+ Box Tag:

DMP Box Tag:

DMP B-Grades Box Tag:

Sole:

DMP's "JORDAN":
95% of DMP out there are FAKES if they have "JORDAN" letters stitched at their lace holes.
BUT not this pair, shoes of fellow NT member SBvj426:

DMP XI Dog Tag:
jordan-xi-dmp-tag.jpg

NOTE: Any question about Patent leather cutting (which differentiate the Originals and Retros) and insole (Nike Air with Swoosh or Jumpman),
ASK THE EXPERTS! a thread and feel free to ask!

Original Patent Leather Cut:

-
For list of legit shoe colors available:
Air-Jordans.com

-

WARNING!
Some pictures are NOT MINE
Indohan

I did my guide on the shoes that I see in this fake check forum the most and those are the retro XI's and the IV's. I focused on the black and red colorway of both shoes to give a general overview of what to look for. All the fake shoes that I am showing of the XI's are currently live auctions on ebay. The fake IV pictures can be found on the website www.jordanextreme.com. Shoes on the left are real and shoes on the right are fake in every pic. About 90% of the shoes that came up on ebay were indeed fake and a lot of people were paying good money. That's why we're here, so people can help educate each other and not lose hard earned money.

Retro 2001 XI Black/Varsity Red
sy1ooj.jpg
2j4uept.jpg
8wlgee.jpg
28wj8ty.jpg
14xgs3l.jpg
fdeck9.jpg
mw43rc.jpg
efm6qc.jpg

I couldn't find a pic of a fake tag on the XI's because sellers know that that kind of a pic could give away the fakeness of the shoe so here is a closeup of my tag. you need to make sure that the production date always touches the bar code, always! these shoes were released in 2001 so the dates should range from 2000-2001. pairs that have 7-15-05 as the date are fake. make sure that all fonts match this pic. also make sure that the number that i'm pointing to with the middle arrow is matching the box label.

Other things you can do to prevent from buying fakes is simply research. go to air-jordans.com to check all the known factories that the shoes were made in. find out all the colorways that jordan brand released so if you see a pair that you've never seen, you can tell that they are fake. also we try to stress this a lot but it always has to be said, MAKE SURE TO GET TAGGED PICS! Get lots of pictrures of the shoes and make sure every picture has a handwritten tag.

Retro 1999 IV Black/Cement Grey
29nxb3r.jpg
2wd2c86.jpg
kbrrtc.jpg
kd0rkl.jpg
2j692c6.jpg
1z2itty.jpg

the only other thing i'm gonna say about this pic is that some legit pairs have tags with a date under the barcode. the legit pair shown on the left has no date under the barcode but they are legit. on pairs that do have a date, make sure it touches the barcode.

So that ends my guide on how to determine the legitimacy of a couple of popular fake shoes. Just remember a few more guidelines that i mentioned above
1. Always try and get as many tagged pictures as possible
2. Research your jordans!
3. Pay attention to price; if the buy it now price for a dead stock pair of any of these shoes is $100 then that =fake
4. Check niketalk on a daily basis to get help from professionals who truly want to help.

Fun Bonus Pics!
zxseuw.jpg
aewmis.jpg
:b
tongue.gif
Team Pacific Northwest​

thanks indo i like yours and fenix's, i hope people slack so that it will just be better odds for us :rofl:
roll.gif
Team Pacific Northwest​

wow nice guide indo and cali, i think ill focus on XIIIs
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

HERE IS THE SHIRT EVERYONE!!! Thanks to Dirtylicious via the General Forum. It looks good. Put me down for a XL/XXL depending on how they fit. :pimp:
pimp.gif
41625354636adfdfbd082bbda9d176b185f0401.jpg
teamautobotX TEAMKINGKOOPA
T R A N S F O R M E R S​
"Love is wearing a new pair every game."-Michael Jordan​

^^^ i dont know about how but:

Quote:
Our staff will announce the winner on October 29th.
(|TEAM JAYS|)

not a bad shirt i will most likley get hopefully its not a crazy price
"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABIT BUT A JOB"
"we are the legit check, no need to legit check, what we legit check, because we legit check the legit check ya dig"
lol sound like juelz ps aim jdhillon23

My guide focuses on the Air Jordan III's released before 2007. Jordan IIIs are one of the most common fakes, along with IV and XI.

Before we even get to the shoes, let's do tips on how to buy from eBay:

1 - Price.
If it is too good to be true, than it probably is!
Also note, that not all fakes are sold at cheap prices. Sometimes, sellers will sell fakes for prices similar to legit pairs, to make them seem real. Just because you see a pair of Jordan 3s for $300, doesn't mean they can't be fake.

2 - Description.
Sellers that sell fakes will most likely NOT state that the shoes are 100% legit/authentic. They will say things like, 100% Brand new. Another thing that they would say is VERY RARE, SOLD OUT, HOT SHOES, YOU NEED THESE, etc. Basically, they will beat around the bush.

3 - Pictures.
Legit sellers would use tagged pictures; that is, a piece of paper with their username next to the item. Some fake sellers will also have tiny and crappy pics. Another way that fake sellers try to trick buyers is by posting a picture of a legit shoe, and than posting a bunch of small pictures of the fake. Many fake sellers use the same pictures for a shoe they have in all different sizes.

4 - Payment.
It is best to use a credit card through paypal, and make sure the seller is verified. Many fake sellers will prefer and recommend money order, check, and especially western union.

5 - Location.
This may seem prejudice, but you should get a red flag with shoes coming from China or Hong Kong. Most fakes come from these places, including countries in South Asia.

6 - Feedback.
It is important, and read the negative and neutral feedbacks. Check past auctions. They most likely sell fakes if they have sold the same shoe over and over with the same pictures, and different sizes. Many fake sellers also make their feedback private so you cannot see fakes they have sold.

7 - Other items.
Fake sellers usually sell many of the same shoe in different sizes, for well below retail, and use the same pictures.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Buying from websites:

1 - Policy Page.
If the website has a policy page, than read it. It will say in some way, shape, or form that the shoes are fake. They will say something like authentic copies, grade aaa variants, factory variants, etc.

2 - Pictures.
Fake sites tend to steal pictures from legit sites, such as pickyourshoes.

3 - Selection.
It is very uncommon for a site to have any model Jordan in any colorway. Fake sites will have rare shoes, available in all sizes, usually 7-13. If you see unreleased colorways and clear shoes, than the site is fake. Fake sites also call the XV-XX2 retroes, when they have not even retroed yet.

4 - Sizing.
Check the site's policy and FAQ page. Fakes usually run a size smaller, and websites will state it in their policy and/or FAQ page.

5 - Shipping.
Shipping will take 1-2 weeks or more with fake sites, stated in the policy page. This is because the site operator needs to order the shoes first from a supplier, and than ship them to the customer.

Now, on to the shoes.

____________________________________________________________________________________

The color code on the boxtag NEVER has more than one slash. After the first slash, a hyphen is used to seperate different colors. On the boxtag of fakes, the colorway is only stated in English. On legit boxtags, the colorway is stated in english, and the second language under it.
FAKE:
REAL:

Jordan 3's NEVER come with a jumpman keychain.
FAKE:

There are 4 OG colorways of AJ3's from 1988.
All had nike air on the back, and NIKE on the sole.
White/Cement Grey
Black/Cement Grey
White/Fire Red
White/Cement Grey-True Blue

There are 2 retro colorways of AJ3's from 1994.
They had nike air on the back and NIKE on the sole.
White/Cement Grey
Black/Cement Grey

1994 retroes came in a special box.

3 retro colorways of AJ3's released in 2001.
White/True Blue
White/Dark Mocha
Black/Cement Grey

The 2001 retroes came in a Jordan face box, with a retro card with Jordans 1-16 on it.
The mochas and true blues had a jumpman AIR on the back, and JORDAN on the sole.

The 2001 black/cements had nike air on the back, and NIKE on the sole. Black/Cement 3's never had a jumpman on the back, and have never said JORDAN on the sole.
REAL:
FAKE:

There was only 1 colorway of AJ3's that retroed in 2003.
White/Cement Grey-Fire Red

The 2003 white/cements came in a face box, along with a retro card with Jordans 1-16 on it. They had a jumpman AIR on the back, and JORDAN on the sole.

On almost any fake shoe, the tongue is too short.
Real:

Fake:

The shade of elephant print can vary from shoe to shoe. However, the height of the strip must remain consistent throughout.
Real:
Fake:
Notice how, on the fakes the length of the strip gets taller at the tip of the shoe. On the legit pair, the height of the strip is consistent throughout.

The Fake pair has tumbled leather on the entire upper of the shoe. On the legit pair, there is tumbled leather and smooth leather.
Real:
Fake:

On real pairs, the heel tab comes to the top. On fakes, there is some space.
Real:
Fake:

On the fakes, the swoosh is over-curved, and everything is jammed together on the heel tab. There is not enough space in between the AIR on the fakes.
Real:
Fake:

The elephant print on this fake pair looks printed on a piece of plastic. On a legit pair, the print is stamped on. Also, the strip of leather on the bottom is supposed to be smooth leather, and it is tumbled leather on the fakes.
Real:
Fake:

Lastly, when trying to obtain a pair of Air Jordan III, never take measures similar to ohSNAPS88.
TEAMKINGKOOPA

For those who's not aware of it, here's the real picture of the shirt.

nketlk_800f.jpg

nketlk_800b.jpg
Indohan

Back
Top Bottom