Price of Freedom?

What are you willing to pay for Freedom? People on here often $%$*# and moan about the Government, but aren't willing to do anything about it. Then some people act as if there vote was the end all be all and afford them the right to be jackasses about everything. My generation is living off the hardwork of others generations (I'm 22). I often wake up and look at my peers and those younger than me and ask what is the point? I'm going to law school next year (hopefully) I've protested, been locked up etc. all over my personal Freedoms and liberties. When I say *%#% like that on here, all I get is people saying how dumb it is to go to Jail because you don't agree with the law. But people fail to understand that to some people what Dr. King did was dumb, what the Patriots did was straight up treason. It was against the law for blacks to drink at white fountains, it was against the law for States to regulate their own commerce. The Law isn't always right and that's why previouse generations  were willing to lay down their lives for their Freedom; most people wouldn't even give up their Xbox live account for it. So what are you, the individual Niketalk Member willing to give up? ....Me...My life dead serious. 

People in this country have ZERO concept of private property rights, that is what is really wrong with this society.

I would go to jail for my freedoms. But I would only die for a few causes.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Why should I have to pay for my freedom...
im sayin 
tired.gif

Our generation is very docile because we were told and we saw that, up until 2008 or so, that those did not get arrested for breaking the law (or rather did not get caught), went to college, interned every summer and worked a crappy job for a little while, everything would soon turn out very well and you would have a good job and a good income and the ability to marry and have a nice home and one day have kids and provide for them with ease.

All of that has changed and many young people from my generation are still so naive. They still want to have kids (the state and its friends in big business see only future tax payers, canon fodder and cheap labor), so many young people do not even consider unionizing because there is stigma of belonging to a private sector union. They would rather have temporary jobs and no health insurance than have a private sector union because to be in one implies that you just be low skilled. Our generation still worships "business leaders" who usually enjoy personal friendships and public policy being bent in their favor (rent seeking) and we ignore and disparage the entrepreneurs that have their own small businesses, the drivers of economic growth.

Our generation grew up and was conditioned to a world of perpetual and largely uninterrupted growth and while that has changed, the thoughts and attitude still remain. The faith is still there in the captains of industry to reward them for their lost summers spent interning and the fact that they already have students loans that are larger than many mortgages and the fact that they diligently work any all temporary jobs that come thri way and commute 100 miles 'round trip every day until day 89 in California or which ever day adds up to one day shy of your State requiring that your temporary employer hire a temp as a full time employee.

Do not expect this docility to go away anytime soon. In Japan, there has been a lost generations, those who graduated between 1993 and 2003 are stigmatized by employers for being temporary works. The same employers who hired them as temps and made it so that they had to work at various firms is taken as proof that they are disloyal, something that stigmatizes a worker in Japan. The US, with it hostility to small business and entrepreneurs but has a cozy relationship with a few mega firms like GE and GM and Goldman means that we will look more and more like Japan economically. We are doomed to slow grow, no grow and lost generations. Also, in Japan, millions of kids dutifully study from the age of five years old and upward and intern for no pay and work as temps all in the hope that the executives of Japan Inc. (the nickname given to Japan's close relationship between big business and big government) will change its mind and reward this army of cheap and over educated workers.

Until we have serious growth and employers having to compete over skilled and educated workers, we will have a very bad situation for our people and as far as personal freedom is concerned, our popular culture and mainstream media have ridiculed it and it has become fashionable for many people to do whatever the government tells them to do, no matter how unethical and intrusive it may be.

This is the way I see it:
I know exactly what I want to spend my life doing, and that is learning as much as I possibly can about the field of physics that I want to pursue.
Nothing else really matters to me, because everything else is all &^#%ed up.
I have no respect for people, they are all selfish and look at the world as a bunch of tapped or untapped resources or potential for resources.
People have too many children, consume too much, and then think that caps on consumption are limits to their freedom.
Until people change the way they're living on a global scale, which is completely unrealistic at this point, I won't care about anything except science and that is that.

freedom is an exaggerated idea that we are taught to appreciate... Freedom from what?! As long as you believe in capitalism, religious norms, social norms etc you are a mental slave to the system.. This country is full of selfishness, over consumption and false securities from "GOD" and "political leaders" which are actually a small group of wealthy folks who run your life..

you're all just SHEEPLE on a long pasture of NAIVETY

We're all talking about freedom in this thread, but OP what's your universal definition for the word freedom?

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

freedom is an exaggerated idea that we are taught to appreciate... Freedom from what?! As long as you believe in capitalism, religious norms, social norms etc you are a mental slave to the system.. This country is full of selfishness, over consumption and false securities from "GOD" and "political leaders" which are actually a small group of wealthy folks who run your life..

If you're not including yourself under the category of "sheeple", you are one of the idiots I was talking about in the thread about the fake terrorist attacks.
I think OP's point, while I may not agree with his ideals, was valid. People like to preach and act like they're knowledgeable above others, when ultimately they're in the same exact position.
You're a damned sheep too; did you mine the metals for the computer or cell phone you typed that from? Did you purify your own silicon? I'll wait...
Assuming you didn't, a big corporation did. ZOMG they run your life too you naive little sheep!

Until you separate yourself from all the things you're pointing out, shut the *&^% up.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

If you're not including yourself under the category of "sheeple", you are one of the idiots I was talking about in the thread about the fake terrorist attacks.
I think OP's point, while I may not agree with his ideals, was valid. People like to preach and act like they're knowledgeable above others, when ultimately they're in the same exact position.
You're a damned sheep too; did you mine the metals for the computer or cell phone you typed that from? Did you purify your own silicon? I'll wait...
Assuming you didn't, a big corporation did. ZOMG they run your life too you naive little sheep!

Until you separate yourself from all the things you're pointing out, shut the *&^% up.
First off i was being sarcastic based off of the other posts in this thread.. so calm your bones kimosabe.. if you examine my body of posts throughout NT you'll realize that I often contribute to these type of threads just ask your boy Rashi who's had various convos with me over the last few months .. Obviously my comments struck a chord in your pool of guilt because the heat coming off of your keyboard could light an L.. To call someone an idiot is a fairly strong categorization considering you have no tools to accurately measure their intelligence from your current position..Out of curiosity...Who you mad at ? Your Daddy? My suggestion is that you examine yourself then proceed to find a better medium for venting over a MSG Board.. possibly go kick your little sisters dog or ring out your little brothers wet underoos then lay back down in your bunk bed and pray to your savior... MJ.
Good day Sir

^ Do you really think it was unrealistic for me to assume you were serious considering all the $/)" people spew in these types of threads?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kilojules64

^ Do you really think it was unrealistic for me to assume you were serious considering all the $/)" people spew in these types of threads?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No I'd expect that type of response from a certain personality... my only qualm lies within the personal insults that you direct so blatantly not knowing the nature of my originating post..So what if my post was serious in nature? Is it okay to respond to an individual with the tone that you exhibited? Would you approach me on the streets like that? Whether I intended to be facetious or not there's no reason to insult someone off of a generalized idea (which if you noticed had no supporting evidence, but you didn't).. the onus is in tone fam....Whether you disagree with an individual or not calling them an idiot alone fails to make you credible... I'm not the "idiot" here... take care
wink.gif

I don't think many of the kids here on NT know what real freedom is until they experience something else

Originally Posted by rashi

People in this country have ZERO concept of private property rights, that is what is really wrong with this society.
Tell me what private property rights mean to you, since you seem to have all the answers 
Would you like to live Afghanistan? Where your shot for %+@+ sexuality? Or China where this site would probably be blocked because people are discussing private rights? 

Back
Top Bottom