Price Raises On Upcoming Jordans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read entire thread @nikemaxx love the small economics lesson there +1

my 2 cents i know im going to BUY WHAT I LIKE so with price hikes it forces me to really have to be conscious of that concept

Nike constantly finds cheaper production methods/locations and cheaper materials used. Inflation would be understandable if you were getting the exact same shoe from the 80s/90s, but you're not. It plays a part, but majority of this is just profit margins. Go take a look at a flight 89 and a Jordan 4 and tell me where that extra $60 went.

Ppl complained when prices hit $125, but still bought. LS models were $135, but most sold out instantly. Prices hit $150 and nobody stopped. Now here we are looking at $170-180.

Inflation or not, they will continue to raise prices because they know they can and ppl will still pay.

All these complaints about price increases are stupid. The price should be much higher considering the demand. JB is already selling shies at waaaaaaay below equilibrium point, hence the instant sellout of every release. Just get over it y'all sound ridiculous.

All these complaints about price increases are stupid. The price should be much higher considering the demand. JB is already selling shies at waaaaaaay below equilibrium point, hence the instant sellout of every release. Just get over it y'all sound ridiculous.

So you think the price should be higher ?
yeah somebody sounds ridiculous :rolleyes

Yeah but hes still saying they should charge more.
and I don't agree with that. do you?

the XIIIs that came out were $170

MSRP was 150 or 160 back in the day though so that wasnt really a price change. the XIIs and XIs were both $140 back when they 1st came out so the increase on those isnt really that bad but all the other Js that used to be 100-125 have all been increased to $160 which sucks.

I'm not willing to part with that much money for Jordans. Only durabuck Infrareds and space jams. I'm out the game. Thanks for the memories, JB.

I remember tinker saying something about seeing prices increase to around the numbers they are today, in exchange for better quality which for the most part is just slightly there. but now the further, rapid increases each year is just getting ridiculous. and paying 200+ for nike air is utter ********. wish there were more nice classic shoes that retro'd as often as jordans so I could stay further away from this **** of a brand
mean.gif
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OK, should, could, I just don't want to pay any more for these shoes. :lol:
Its simple economics. JB should be charging higher prices to meet the demand. Thankfully they don't. I'm glad the prices are where they are. It could be much much worse. JB would sell out of any retro within a week which is still too fast, if prices were 230. I'm just guessing....but I would guess that the equilibrium price is probably around 245 or 250.

Last edited:
Its simple economics. JB should be charging higher prices to meet the demand. Thankfully they don't. I'm glad the prices are where they are. It could be much much worse. JB would sell out of any retro within a week which is still too fast, if prices were 230. I'm just guessing....but I would guess that the equilibrium price is probably around 245 or 250.

I understand what you're saying now.
I just don't want the price to keep going up.
But I guess I really don't have a choice anyway. If they go up to 200 I'm done.

XX8 is already $250 plus my 9% ($22.50) tax here & shipping sometimes... close to $300 already

Resellers will still buy no matter what the price is. If people willing to pay over retail then of course nike/JB are going to run up the price

I remember tinker saying something about seeing prices increase to around the numbers they are today, in exchange for better quality which for the most part is just slightly there. but now the further, rapid increases each year is just getting ridiculous. and paying 200+ for nike air is utter ********. wish there were more nice classic shoes that retro'd as often as jordans so I could stay further away from this **** of a brand :smh:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

not sure what the :rofl: is for.

there was a whole thread a couple years ago where people said they'd gladly pay extra for better quality. this was right after the year of the CDP where the retros were at their worse quality wise. things have gotten better. just not significantly better.

that said, nike has really been aggressive with price increases over the last couple of years. im wondering what the breaking point will be since these increases cant last forever.

Making the "premium" version of the retro will probably make the ceiling a little higher for a while just to see if people will pay that consistently.

Keep charging $200 for Nike Air retros, then move $160 to $170 consistently and it makes the $170 seem like a deal. Then do another increase to $210.

The cap HAS to be $220 for the "premium" retros...

Making the "premium" version of the retro will probably make the ceiling a little higher for a while just to see if people will pay that consistently.

Keep charging $200 for Nike Air retros, then move $160 to $170 consistently and it makes the $170 seem like a deal. Then do another increase to $210.

The cap HAS to be $220 for the "premium" retros...

im thinking more along the line of $300 to be honest. look at the envelope nike is pushing with the elite line and the aj xx8.

there is so much more untapped potential to get people to open their pockets.

nike air infra 6 would have the shoe world go absolute nuts.

even the jumpman faceing the OG direction on XIs would have people easily paying $215+ for an OG style concord.

Last edited:
True that. I could see the flagship getting to $275 soon and retros at least in that range. It just sucks that the compromise for JB releasing the shoe the way it should be means more money out of pockets and much harder to get because resellers come out JUST for stuff like that.

It won't stop until THIS current shoe boom of the last 2 or so year ends, and honestly at this rate I can't see that happening any time soon.

The good days when 3s were only $120 most other releases were $150 or $140 inflation and hype beasts will continue this price raise for years to come

True that. I could see the flagship getting to $275 soon and retros at least in that range. It just sucks that the compromise for JB releasing the shoe the way it should be means more money out of pockets and much harder to get because resellers come out JUST for stuff like that.

It won't stop until THIS current shoe boom of the last 2 or so year ends, and honestly at this rate I can't see that happening any time soon.

didnt the concords kick off the shoe boom?

and resellers come out for anything that is profitable especially retro jordans :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom